Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

That was a really good win. I was impressed by Norwich. They were much more organised than Southampton and gave it a really good go in the second half.

Other than Nacho and Casadei, i thought everyone put a solid midweek in the pi55ing rain shift in. Standouts were Winks who is unreal, Hamza solid, Mads a magician, Faes and Vesty impenetrable, Doyle much better, KDH looked a wizard and Vardy (barring a bad touch) causing so many more problems than Nacho. Another goal for Kasey and Fatawu looked awesome. 

Really enjoying this. Defending brilliant but look lethal at times. Still feels we aren't out of 2nd gear.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Some Notes from both halves.

First Half:

• I've been quite impressed by Norwich. Their change of shape, their playing out from the back, their use of Sara. Given the resources available to both teams, they play good stuff and structurally are the best team we've played aganst so far.
  • Faes was chasing Barnes quite high up the pitch. He's in the team to deal with him as he's a physical player. Called this one in the tactics thread!
  • What I didn't call was Hamza coming in and playing close attention to Jonathan Rowe, who has been one of the best players in the division so far. Hamza has been superb! Both on and off the ball and has dealt with Rowe very well.
  • Right and Left footed 8's are playing on different sides than I would expect, which must be intentional. I think it's because we are exploiting the slow pace of their CBs, so Nacho draws them out and they run in behind and can cut in on their stronger foot via bending their runs. We have almost pulled it off a few times.
  • Yunus I have been very impressed with. Great football brain and first touch. We brought him as a winger, but is he the Turkish Championship version of Bernardo? You heard it here first.
  • Casadei a bit off it. Not horrible, but expected a bit better, the move has broken down the most going to him, or he's given fouls away.
  • Kasey McAteer I love, love, love! He's everywhere! First touch has let him down a bit, but he's making his chances and terrifying their fullback.
  • Mavididi started off slow, but looked a class above by the end of the half.
  • Mads Hermansen is a seriously good keeper. His distribution is so good. Some of his kicks to Nacho are so effective.
  • Even before the goal I felt we were playing well. Maybe 10% worse than against Southampton, but only because of the number of changes.
  • Maresca chose more physical players for this game, and it's worked. We have dealt with their muscle and in fact riled THEM up. Both CBs and Barnes on yellows? When Vardy and Fatawu come on they are going to be in big trouble.

Second Half:

• Hamza did so well, they replaced Rowe
    • Placheta was more direct and caused trouble
  • Our playing out from the back was very good
  • Mads superb before giveaway. Got a bit flustered afterwards but still I think he’s class
  • Norwich added an extra midfielder?
  • KDH / Wolf because we lost control
  • Ndidi pressed high straight away, which was missing
  • Can you do it on a wet and windy away day at Norwich?!
  • Norwich go 442 at 67 mins
  • Wrong footed 8s even when new 8s came on
  • 442 made the game chaotic. We made chances but lost control. Too end to end.
  • Bit shit in final third. Vardy!!?! McAteer!
  • Fatawu played on the other side but made things happen
  • Norwich too slow passing. Leicester it’s fast

Yeh, whatever, but no crisps analysis so a disappointing 6/10 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Some Notes from both halves.

First Half:

• I've been quite impressed by Norwich. Their change of shape, their playing out from the back, their use of Sara. Given the resources available to both teams, they play good stuff and structurally are the best team we've played aganst so far.
  • Faes was chasing Barnes quite high up the pitch. He's in the team to deal with him as he's a physical player. Called this one in the tactics thread!
  • What I didn't call was Hamza coming in and playing close attention to Jonathan Rowe, who has been one of the best players in the division so far. Hamza has been superb! Both on and off the ball and has dealt with Rowe very well.
  • Right and Left footed 8's are playing on different sides than I would expect, which must be intentional. I think it's because we are exploiting the slow pace of their CBs, so Nacho draws them out and they run in behind and can cut in on their stronger foot via bending their runs. We have almost pulled it off a few times.
  • Yunus I have been very impressed with. Great football brain and first touch. We brought him as a winger, but is he the Turkish Championship version of Bernardo? You heard it here first.
  • Casadei a bit off it. Not horrible, but expected a bit better, the move has broken down the most going to him, or he's given fouls away.
  • Kasey McAteer I love, love, love! He's everywhere! First touch has let him down a bit, but he's making his chances and terrifying their fullback.
  • Mavididi started off slow, but looked a class above by the end of the half.
  • Mads Hermansen is a seriously good keeper. His distribution is so good. Some of his kicks to Nacho are so effective.
  • Even before the goal I felt we were playing well. Maybe 10% worse than against Southampton, but only because of the number of changes.
  • Maresca chose more physical players for this game, and it's worked. We have dealt with their muscle and in fact riled THEM up. Both CBs and Barnes on yellows? When Vardy and Fatawu come on they are going to be in big trouble.

Second Half:

• Hamza did so well, they replaced Rowe
    • Placheta was more direct and caused trouble
  • Our playing out from the back was very good
  • Mads superb before giveaway. Got a bit flustered afterwards but still I think he’s class
  • Norwich added an extra midfielder?
  • KDH / Wolf because we lost control
  • Ndidi pressed high straight away, which was missing
  • Can you do it on a wet and windy away day at Norwich?!
  • Norwich go 442 at 67 mins
  • Wrong footed 8s even when new 8s came on
  • 442 made the game chaotic. We made chances but lost control. Too end to end.
  • Bit shit in final third. Vardy!!?! McAteer!
  • Fatawu played on the other side but made things happen
  • Norwich too slow passing. Leicester it’s fast

Great stuff but you're wasted on this forum :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Huge 6 points away. Opening a bit of a gap hopefully.

Also can we not write off the likes of Casadei and Yunus yet? Literally been about 3 games for the pair of them. 

We don’t half have some bedwetters for fans.

Unfortunately we all remember (and are scared by) Ghazzel and Pepe 🤣

Three central defenders and Winks were excellent. Doyle and Vesty stood out. McAteer just keeps getting in the right place. Abdul had a really influential cameo. Casadei and Yunus, poor but have more minutes in their legs. All round, an excellent evening. 👏👏