Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Maresca just looks at things differently don't he. He said Hamza was his cover for Ricardo.. nailed it so far

Pushed Ndidi further forward.. yes he needs to work on his finishing but he's been a steady 7/10 there so far.

Vestergaard we all thought was the anti christ, he's been unbelievably good 

McAteer, when I saw his name vs Coventry I thought wtf is this about  been brilliant so far.

In Enzo I Trust (even though I'll still address a multitude of concerns about the starting line up against Bristol no doubt)

He is certainly showing why he earns his money has a football manager 

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

He is certainly showing why he earns his money has a football manager 

And you can see he's learnt from the best... same as how Pep developed walker in to a cb in a back 3 and moved stones in to that def/mid role

just seem to have this ability to look at players differently and perhaps think, nah you're playing in the wrong position

Upon first look at the team I thought why change after such a good win? Then it didn't bother me because it's a long haul and I reasoned that I suppose Enzo has to evaluate his squad options and tbh, I trust him!

Players like Akgun have to get used to the physicality of our game. Casadei too needed a start to see how he'd cope. Enzo sees them in training every day. He's not shy in making changes and when he did, we could see the logic and reasoning surely! We haven't had that for a long while! 

Personally, I both enjoyed it and could understand the reasoning behind it all. Well done Leicester and well done Enzo! Early days but I'm enjoying what I'm seeing. Just don't let's fret when we lose a game because we will. 

1 hour ago, burleighfox said:

The "I literally have no idea what to do, ever" dance. 

...he really is mixed up and confused!!!

This role he should be excelling in, releasing players and moving the ball quickly, instead he is looking to hold on to the ball and thinking as a striker. He is prising himself out of the team, this is a big moment for him at this club.

46 minutes ago, joeybside said:

I genuinely struggle with when we give the ball away with unforced errors. Understand it's going to happen but it makes me very nervous but thankful that we aren't against more clinical opposition. 

I think we only did that once though? Granted it was a big one, but once losing the ball in our own half from building from the back from countless attempts is very impressive.

It's worlds away from the dithering symptom of having no plan that was Amartey and Faes/Soy exchanging 5 yard passes over and over again.

We always have an extra man and we appear very comfortable playing this way. Not only does it wear down the opposition, as teams push for an equaliser it leaves spaces in behind their press. 

It always felt like that second goal was there for us tonight. 

Playing long might remove immediate danger, and there is a time for that, but playing the way we do is how you close out a match like tonight.

• Like 1

Honestly when we get the ball out to the players in the final third of the pitch after forcing the opposition into pressing we literally have 4 on 4 or even 4 on 3 every single time. With the abundance of quality we have we will start scoring 5 or 6 quite frequently I'm sure of it. Even when we don't play well tonight second half we still created openings that should easily lead to more goals. It's really taking shape now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

i think it’s time for a vesty chant 

I’m no song writer but to the tune of straight back up !

He was crap when he played for That Bodgers

He was Crap when he played for that Twat 

He was Crap but Now he plays under Enzo now Our Vesty is half decent at last !

Edited by justfoxes
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Maresca just looks at things differently don't he. He said Hamza was his cover for Ricardo.. nailed it so far

Pushed Ndidi further forward.. yes he needs to work on his finishing but he's been a steady 7/10 there so far.

Vestergaard we all thought was the anti christ, he's been unbelievably good 

McAteer, when I saw his name vs Coventry I thought wtf is this about  been brilliant so far.

In Enzo I Trust (even though I'll still address a multitude of concerns about the starting line up against Bristol no doubt)

He’s certainly learned a thing or two from Pep and I’m sure he still keeps in contact with him for a bit of guidance !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox 4 Life said:

I don't think he was when he played it but who cares, VAR lines I reckon he's off 

...just by the eye test, he was on, or at least level!!!

You could say that he sought to gain an unfair advantage by deliberately running into an offside position. When the ball was played to KDH he was ahead of the play but not classified as "active" as the ball was clearly passed to another teammate and he made no attempt to play the ball at the time. Once KDH has manoeuvred the ball and picked him out, you can see him (McAteer)  trying to keep himself behind KDH.

I do not think he was too sure he was onside, he did take a look at the flag, before celebrating.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Yeah that'll get him running through brick walls for us that.

Might as well burn an effigy of him as he walks out.

• Haha 1

Cannot underestimate what a huge statement win that was tonight. 

Norwich worked their socks off and will be right up there fighting for promotion. 

Yet, we comfortably beat them 2-0 away and even rested some players. So impressive! 

Hate to get carried away and jinx it, but hard not to get swept up in the hype building around us. 

Of course, we should be fighting to win the league due to our squad, but as Leeds and Southampton are finding, easier said than done! 

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Well that was an understatement

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One thing I loved after the game was seeing Enzo embrace JJ. Despite his lack of minutes I genuinely feel JJ is one of Enzo’s favourite players from a personality and work ethic basis. 

Class to see some fans on here expose themselves as well with there lack of football knowledge lol (in relation to the offside rule)