Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

16 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Yep I've seen enough to confidently say we're too good for this league. That's a proper result tonight

All aboard HMS pisstheleague 

We had a squad last year that should have finished top half. No one expected us to be relegated even for the most pessimistic fans.  But we got Rodgered and Rodgers talked down on the team so much for self preservation that the team spiraled down into relegation. Plus his Rodgerball was so bad with Ndidi as pivot that we could hardly get out of our own half.

Of course we lost plenty of proper Premier League quality players during the summer, so this goes to show how good the squad was actually last year (though we did make some good recruitments especially in Winks and our new goal keeper).

People don’t talk about Leeds and Southampton as much because we really did have a very good squad to begin with.

Admittedly, there were also mistakes the Board made last year - they didn’t keep Lookman for a mere 12m and they didn’t sack Rodgers early enough.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Hammo said:

A lot of good performances tonight but Winks stands out for me. Played his role to absolute perfection. I shudder to think how we would cope playing this system without him. Hermansen too is indispensable.

We will find out pretty soon - he’s on four yellows for the season, which I think puts him one away from a one-match suspension. Vestergaard is the same, although we have more cover for him. 

I think he could play both Ricardo and Hamza when Winks is out, one of them playing the hybrid RB/CM role and other taking Winks’ place. We haven’t involved anyone else in those positions as far as I can recall (even as sub) and I don’t see him putting Ndidi there given his more limited passing range. 

25 minutes ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

We will find out pretty soon - he’s on four yellows for the season, which I think puts him one away from a one-match suspension. Vestergaard is the same, although we have more cover for him. 

I think he could play both Ricardo and Hamza when Winks is out, one of them playing the hybrid RB/CM role and other taking Winks’ place. We haven’t involved anyone else in those positions as far as I can recall (even as sub) and I don’t see him putting Ndidi there given his more limited passing range. 

Hopefully Winks will get himself a yellow at the weekend and miss the Liverpool game

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Enjoyed that.

Norwich unlucky not to score and we casually score another at the death.

I said we would come undone against stronger championship opposition but the supposedly strong teams (Southampton and norwich) have looked poor against us.

I’d be saying for a bit this will be a barometer for us on how well we are actually doing. We won’t see so much of a low block against us and will have more space to play. Obviously the most important thing is to win, but one of the most pleasing aspects of last night for me was actually being able to withstand a little bit of pressure. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Really feels like something special is happening again. Looking at the lads at the end of that everyone was pleased for one another and all looked really together and happy to be here. Reminiscent of the bond and energy the team had in 15/16 and the successful years after that. Certainly something we’ve missed in the last couple of years. 

Honestly think it's a manager and team with something to prove. Ranieri had that after his debacle with Greece, proving he wasn't over the hill, Rodgers had that the first 18 months/2 years, laughing stock in the end at Liverpool and Celtic written off as a pub league, proving he was a top half prem manager, and Enzo has it to prove he's more than just a number 2.

Conversely Sven, Puel, last two seasons Rodgers, when the manager has been established at the level we're at or is considered too good for it, we look pretty mediocre. Which honestly points towards a pretty lax corporate culture higher up in the club

• Like 1

5 point gap to 4th already is decent.  Strange to have 3 teams at the start of a season who are beating everyone in their path but one of them will drop off at some point.  Both Ipswich and Preston have tough games this weekend.  I feel once we get that top spot, I don't think we will give it up again. 

Many on here & in the media have the narrative that we ‘haven’t played at our best’ or ‘won without really clicking’ etc etc.

Is this correct ? What does this look like, prime Brazil 1970 ? 
Personally, l think we’ve looked very good in our last 2 games. 
Consistency will be the key this season, keep up these recent performances & I’ll be more than happy, no matter how anyone thinks we’ve played. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

Call me old fashioned and an old grump, and I'm aware it's a valid term now so this is a personal thing, but just don't like the phrase "low block", sounds too American for my liking. 

Just a my view. As you were. 

I agreed with you right up until you turned into Super Mario at the end :thumbup:

• Haha 2