Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Am I being massively thick... But wasn't McAteer about a metre offside for the second goal? How did that get passed the ref and lines man? 

No, he was behind the ball when KDH played it to him, so clearly onside.

Even VAR couldnt have ruled that out.

14 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Many on here & in the media have the narrative that we ‘haven’t played at our best’ or ‘won without really clicking’ etc etc.

Is this correct ? What does this look like, prime Brazil 1970 ? 
Personally, l think we’ve looked very good in our last 2 games. 
Consistency will be the key this season, keep up these recent performances & I’ll be more than happy, no matter how anyone thinks we’ve played. 

I presume this is down to the assumption that we should just be thumping teams.

I think most of the season will be like this. If every game is played at 200mph, these lot will burn themselves out. The system is as much about drawing the opposition in to make mistakes as it is about carving teams up. I suppose as we get more comfortable we could become more clinical. But with so much time on the ball, i dont expect us to be to look like prime 1970 Brazil. As long as we turn it on when it matters i dont really care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Am I being massively thick... But wasn't McAteer about a metre offside for the second goal? How did that get passed the ref and lines man? 

Rules have changed. Until the pass was made to him (at which point he was just about behind KDH) the offside couldn't be called. Years ago he'd have been "interfering with play" (because why else is he on the pitch) but it seems that is no longer used in the offside decision. I agree, I thought he was miles offside, but the game has changed. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Rules have changed. Until the pass was made to him (at which point he was just about behind KDH) the offside couldn't be called. Years ago he'd have been "interfering with play" (because why else is he on the pitch) but it seems that is no longer used in the offside decision. I agree, I thought he was miles offside, but the game has changed. 

Smart by Kasey. By advancing to the old offside position either Norwich forced to mark him in case the ball is passed to him later in the move or as they did hope KDH was silly enough to pass. KDH was switched on and knew to only release the ball when Kasey just behind it. Would appear the modern rules favours the attacking team.

7 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Smart by Kasey. By advancing to the old offside position either Norwich forced to mark him in case the ball is passed to him later in the move or as they did hope KDH was silly enough to pass. KDH was switched on and knew to only release the ball when Kasey just behind it. Would appear the modern rules favours the attacking team.

A lot of false credit there lol 

It worked out but could have easily been disallowed. 

• Like 1

Excellent win and 6 points from those two away games is fantastic.

I did think we were quite sloppy on the ball, quite a few loose passes and when on the ball, running into trouble and being easily dispossessed. Still a work in progress though and Enzo will be the first to point that out to the squad.

It strikes me how much time we seem to have on the ball much of the time and it is a case of once we start using it more wisely and cutting the sloppy side out, it should really go to the next level.

32 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

That aspect of the game has never changed. You are never offside until the ball is played, the only relevant point in time for offside is the instant your team mate makes the pass

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

These last 2 games were the litmus test and we've come through with relative ease. That's two of our toughest fixtures away from home put to bed early doors with the only other notable tough games being Leeds, Ipswich, Sunderland, and Cov (given its a derby) away. We're well on track for a return and I still think we've not really got out of 1st gear. 

I thought we were great last night. Pretty much controlled the tempo of the game. Rode our luck during their dominant spell but never really felt too concerned as I felt we could always take our performance up a level and had plenty in reserve off the bench if needed. 

I love how Enzo puts trust in his squad and shares the load between them all. It's something Rodgers would never have done and is part of reason we got relegated. Not only does it decrease the minutes in the legs, help with injury prevention and keep the players fresh, but it also is good for morale as it keeps everyone engaged. Our strength in depth for this level is just ridiculous and will prove the difference later in the season. 

I make you right 

Amazing on a footie forum that so many people clearly do not know the offside rule. If the ball is pulled BACK to a player it cannot be offside. There can be no interference in play. VAR would not have ruled it off because it wasn’t. 

For me, this move gave me my first real feeling that Enzo is getting our squad into an unbelievable frame of mind. It’s like prime Barcelona - at a lower level obviously - insomuch as KDH could have scored, but he made absolutely sure that we did score by passing to Kasey. 

There will be mistakes and errors playing like this, but it’s pretty awesome to watch at times. 

• Like 3