Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

No, people know the rules. First and foremost, the ball went forwards, not backwards.

Point of pass:

Screenshot2023-09-21at12_50_42.thumb.png.9c29fbd97b13e192f6462ed2eba58928.png

Point of ball received:

Screenshot2023-09-21at12_50_52.thumb.png.fe40d47242493f259913c6f08c4947ab.png

The question is whether he was ahead of the ball when it was passed, and that is very very close when you take perspective into account.

Talking arse as usual ya soft pedant. They don’t know the rules. Wasn’t offside. Case closed. You a closet VAR fanboy? 🤣🤣🤣

26 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It's not pass direction that matters, it's player position relative to the ball. 

https://footballrules.com/offences-sanctions/offside/

A player is in an offside position when any part of their body* is:

in the other team’s half (the halfway line does not count) and

closer to the opponents’ goal line than both:

the second-last opponent, including the goalkeeper and

the ball

And you can shut up as well. Find me an example of the ball being pulled back to a player in a position similar to Kasey where offside has been given. (I know you will but it’ll take you ages and I’ll take that as a win). 🤣🤣🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

And you can shut up as well. Find me an example of the ball being pulled back to a player in a position similar to Kasey where offside has been given. (I know you will but it’ll take you ages and I’ll take that as a win). 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don’t think they’re arguing that it was offside. They seem to just be correcting you that the rule is not whether the ball is played backwards, but where the receiver is in relation to the ball.

Technically, a ball could be played backwards but the receiver starts in front of the ball but drops deeper to receive the pass, which would rightly be ruled offside.

Seems to me from the image with the lines  that the move is onside as Mcateer is behind the ball as it’s played.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Talking arse as usual ya soft pedant. They don’t know the rules. Wasn’t offside. Case closed. You a closet VAR fanboy? 🤣🤣🤣

Well they can see what direction the ball is travelling, so that's one step ahead of your good self already. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I always think those type of offside calls (for Kasey’s goal) are a bit silly. Whether or not the ball was played slightly forward and whether he was ever so slightly ahead of KDH, he had an open goal to roll the ball into. It would have made no difference to the level of the opportunity for him. But it all looked level to the eye.

...he (McAteer) had taken up a position that could have been a deliberate ploy by him to gain an advantage in this situation!!!

A defender dropping in to cover him would be playing him onside and making it a lot easier for the attacker and making the referees job easier.

13 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

One thing I loved after the game was seeing Enzo embrace JJ. Despite his lack of minutes I genuinely feel JJ is one of Enzo’s favourite players from a personality and work ethic basis. 

Class to see some fans on here expose themselves as well with there lack of football knowledge lol (in relation to the offside rule) 

Not as bad as the entire home support not understanding the 30 second rule for treated players!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

It counts for all domestic competitions

...just for clarification!!!

Accumulating five, ten, fifteen or twenty Yellow Cards in league matches can result in an automatic ban in your relevant league. Accumulated Yellow Cards in cup competitions are treated separately and can result in an automatic ban from the cup competition in which the Yellow Cards were received.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

And the answer is that he was ONSIDE... and it was a great call from the lineman. 

Where the blue lines meet is the position of his head relative to the ground. Red line the ball. 

on.png

Dont you mean green( Now starts a new discussion on what colour the lines actually are!!😉) line ?

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

I watched the game last night and it seemed to be a poor affair with mediocre passing that resulted in a lot of handed over possession by both sides. Our defending must have improved over last season otherwise we would have conceded 5 goals from corners last night, or maybe the attacking prowess of opponents isn't as good as in the premiership. I like to think its down largely to having a better keeper but he did a couple of silly passes outs last night straight to a Norwich player. He could have been chipped when he passed from outside of the box straight to a yellow shirt. Our old guard didn't play particularly well last night, Vardy was largely uninvolved and Natcho had a poor heavy first touch all night. 

I'm liking Winks and Madidivi because they move the ball faster than most seem to manage. Casadei looked like he was wearing lead boots last night, at one point in the centre circle he was on his own looking at the ball at his feet yet unable to pick up his feet, almost fell over then surrendered the ball, very strange. Then at the end of it all, HairDo ends up topping the season player ratings. Its footballing life, just as we know it. A bit strange. 

You must have very high standards - to have attempted 559 passes and completed 89% of them by any reasonable barometer is far far above mediocre.

I tell you how I know for a fact it was onside... the goal was given and we won 2-0. Would VAR have got the set squares out and deemed the tip of his old man ahead of the ball at the precise moment it left KDHs boot, who knows. But personally I hate the use of VAR in this instance anyway as it's not a clear and obvious error.

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Happens occasionally from short corners where the ball is played backwards but the corner taker is still in an offside position when the return pass is made.

I am pretty torn on last night- Ill continue to say that only the results matter and we just have to keep winning games but plenty of last night was ugly as

Positives

- I love that we aren't changing the way we play and will continue to knock it about on the edge of our area under major pressure- you have to salute that- it can look absolutely amazing and they are definitely getting better and better at it

- Winks was unreal and is so brave going and getting on the ball in those situations every time- so good from him

- Centre half's were good last night- defended really well- vesty can properly play at this level

- The keeper is very very good- 1 or 2 mistakes with his feet but when you are doing that play out 100 times its expected

- Both wingers are proper decent- movement is very good - Mcateer never stops - what a time he is having and mavididi is a threat

-KDH - not sure we can be leaving him out anywhere in any game

Negatives

- Casadaei- Jesus what was he doing- lost the ball at least 10 times I counted - couldnt take anything on the half turn and get us forward - looked clumsy - really really poor night

- Ihenacho- what a frustration that lad is - I dont think he is any better in this league than the prem- decision making was horrible and first touch is either sublime or honking- far to many were honking last night- massivley needs to improve as he should be destroying this league and he isnt

All that being said if some of the midfield decisions were better and some of the first touches were better we could probably have had 4 again - which away from home in this league is nothing to be sniffed at- the great news for us should be that there is so much room for improvement whilst at the same time we are winning games- In Enzo we trust- I love football again 

Edited by jv1

Would love to know what went through Vardy's head for that decent chance he had. Not sure if he got a shout from Mavididi as it looked like he was trying to flick it back to him. Really should have taken the ball on himself as it's the kind of position he thrives on.