Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Looked disjointed with all the changes, hung on in the second half but ultimately defeated a decent side.

Performances from Mads, Hamza, Faes, Vesty, Doyle, Winks, McAteer. Subs came on and killed them, Fatawu lively, Vardy busy and KDH buzzing around everywhere. Exposed Norwich in the first half, savy side but cro-magnons for CB's. We clung on abit and battled for the clean sheet.

Positives and things to take away from it. Academy is producing some good players.

Edited by Jaspa

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Winks is loving playing in this team that is for sure 

Absolute top draw. Needs to reign the cheap yellows in but otherwise he's been exceptional. I always thought he was slow, but he's got a very good turn of pace .. but the way he looks after and distributes the ball.. pass the kleenex

I looked at Norwich and I thought I'm really glad we're not in their shoes. Sky doing their best to dress them up but they've got giant shithouse Ashley Barnes up front with no other players of note. Their fans just ooze that really crap Championship mentality when they cheer something really crap because a player won a throw or closed someone down and somehow they see it as something bigger than it is. Took me back to our days of being stuck in the division and I hope we go up straight away because I'd hate to be stagnant in this league again. 

We looked much better than them and didn't get into top gear. 

I think we're going to take bodies away from home this season especially. 

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

This was a player that "wasn't good enough to play out from the back", but he was brilliant at it today.

We know he is physical and can tackle, but Maresca has him playing good football too.

But he’s actually technically a very good footballer. 

• Like 4

After 7 games we're at the points I expected the team to be given the quality of the squad and the nature of Championship. I didn't expect Preston and Ipswich to be up there with us and it's a surprise (Ipswich for sure, Preston if anybody was following Championship it's a team which was building through the years and it seems they have a plan). 

A bit scrappy today but it's understandable with 2 away games in a row in a few days. As I wrote in another topic, if Leeds, Southampton and Norwich are dropping points it's a done deal. Ipswich won't last for sure, Preston might do, they know this league, they have built a team for it. 

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

After 7 games we're at the points I expected the team to be given the quality of the squad and the nature of Championship. I didn't expect Preston and Ipswich to be up there with us and it's a surprise (Ipswich for sure, Preston if anybody was following Championship it's a team which was building through the years and it seems they have a plan). 

A bit scrappy today but it's understandable with 2 away games in a row in a few days. As I wrote in another topic, if Leeds, Southampton and Norwich are dropping points it's a done deal. Ipswich won't last for sure, Preston might do, they know this league, they have built a team for it. 

I think one positive to come out of this rotating is that it keeps everyone grounded and no-one is being treated as if they're the star man, so if they're missing the team can't cope without them.

Leeds have a few players that would consider themselves as the star imo

I'm surprised to see Preston up there, but I'm not surprised to see Ipswich up there.. I know they finished 2nd in league two but they had by far the best attack and defence and they have a style of play they all seem happy to be part of.

Plenty of decent teams in the league though, Southampton will come good, Leeds will start to get it together now, Norwich, Sunderland, Blackburn will all be there or there abouts.

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

So sorry I made the comment about whiny people hoping we lost so they could moan about possession tactics. 

PS. I can sell you a very sexual crisp to fill the void in your life. 

Won't have the same strength as a biscuit, one squirt and its done for