Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

I'm probably alone here, and I find it hard to understand myself, but how can football under Enzo, despite being top of the table, be more unenjoyable and frustrating than anything served up by Rodgers who got us relegated. 

Edited by adejo92

Regardless of division next season we'll get absolutely dicked if Enzo is in charge. The secret ingredient to this incredible style is having better players than the opposition and relying on individual skill or brilliance to score or create a tap in.

Regardless of which division we're in, we're likely going to be struggling to put together a squad that won't get absolutely shafted to pieces playing this one very specific style.

Likeable bloke but he's far too attached to one system which is a chore to watch and is easily out-witted by poor managers with poor squads.

I hope he spends the summer trying to improve and become more flexible. A squad will have a wide range of different abilities, for me the best managers are able to get the best out of the players available rather than trying to force square pegs into round holes.

• Like 1

We're just so, so boring to watch - in fact, I don't want to watch us anymore. You know it'll be 90+ minutes of slow, tedious, sideward passes which does nothing at all to actually advance or progress the game. It's just pony and he seems unable to even contemplate trying to play a different way. It's shite.

15 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

What has he said in his post match interview ? That’s football ?

Most likely chuckling to himself like he was after the Bristol City game.

4 minutes ago, jbflcfc said:

Anyone who thinks we are going to sack enzo with 5 games to go in a promotion battle is on a different planet.

Yes, tonight was dreadful but come on..

I don’t think anyone thinks we’re going to sack him, it’s just what a lot of us are praying for :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don’t think anyone thinks we’re going to sack him, it’s just what a lot of us are praying for :D

praying for.....so then i guess youll moan about the money side to sack said manager

its a never ending cycle, please stop the world id like to get off please

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I've tried this season to get on board with the "Enzo Way" but I hate it. I hate everything about the way we play. I hate the stubbornness of him. The system. The lack of chances we create for our strikers. The fact we try walk the ball in the net. Play the ball side to side. It bores me to tears. If this is football then this isn't for me. 

I obviously want us to win each week. I want us to go up. I'm struggling to watch this, even on a "good day."

I'm the same mate,  I haven't rarely got on board with tiki taka football, only reason it works with Liverpool and man city there can buy the best players, Leicester where and will always be a counter attacking football team for me, even under rodgers we where at he best when we played Counter football, I've tried to get on board with possession based football, but it turning out to be exactly what I thought it would be,slow, boring, not exciting football. I don't  know why are owners and the club are so obsessed with possession based football, if we go up I fear we will be the wipping boys of the prem, especially with fake pep in charge, give me counter attacking football, over boring, slow, walking football any day!!! 

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Faes will start against Plymouth. 

He’ll be the reason we end up 3rd at this rate. 

Yep! I have no doubt in my mind Faes will start every game from here until end of the season.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I'm probably alone here, and I find it hard to understand myself, but how can football under Enzo, despite being top of the table, be more unenjoyable and frustrating than anything served up by Rodgers who got us relegated. 

Don’t get me wrong I despise Rodgers and I understand your point

But in his first couple of years we played some of the best football I have ever witnessed at this football club.

Enzo has been soul destroying since day 1 

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

praying for.....so then i guess youll moan about the money side to sack said manager

Surely if we tell him we have doubt about his style he keeps his word and walks for nothing? 🤣

Personally, bar a few games in December I've not enjoyed our style this season and wouldn't be sorry to see him go when the seasons done 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

It’s always about the money ain’t it, that’s what got us into this position in the first place by keeping hold of Rodgers. 

Anyone who seriously believes Enzo is a long term fit at this club must be watching something different, we’re where we are because the squad is better than 90% of the league.