Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

4 minutes ago, Bozman said:

Absolutely spot on, I never look forward to watching us play these days, trying to score the perfect goal with 30 passes when 5 or 6 would get the job done....

So you’d rather we lose every week like last season? I know sometimes it’s slow and laboured but fvck me people are dramatic. We’ve won 28 games this season!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, shiv said:

So you’d rather we lose every week like last season? I know sometimes it’s slow and laboured but fvck me people are dramatic. We’ve won 28 games this season!

Yes and only a handful convincingly against poor opposition. It's monotonous turgid stuff especially in our own half. At times as against Brummie's, suicidle.

Next up Plymouth, another side desperate for points to avoid the drop. Will Enzo have learned anything or will it be more of the same.  QPR drew there last night, Any side in our position should be expected to be well capable of winning this game.

Changes need to be made. Nacho or Cannon should start in place of Daka or Vardy. Coady should replace Faes and obviously Fatawu in for Yunus.

17 minutes ago, shiv said:

Why would playing a different way mean we would lose every week? Is the Enzo way the only way to guarantee a win?

21 minutes ago, shiv said:

How would playing more positively mean we would have lost more games? We are as negative now as at any point last season.

For the first time since I was much younger, I fell asleep watching the match last night. Towards the end of the first half, the knocking out about the back then the middle of the pitch became quite hypnotic.  Next thing I knew it was over, two American commentators were talking about American football and I had to check bbc to see that we’d lost 😬

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tim1974 said:

Why would playing a different way mean we would lose every week? Is the Enzo way the only way to guarantee a win?

3 minutes ago, Basildon Fox said:

How would playing more positively mean we would have lost more games? We are as negative now as at any point last season.

The guy said he doesn’t enjoy watching us at all. I was pointing out that surely watching us win this season is better than the turgid last year. I’m glass half full but 90% of this forum isn’t it seems lol 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

I can't do another year of Enzo I'm afraid. In the championship it'll be painful but if by some miracle we get promoted, we're going to be utterly humiliated in the PL. 

People outside of Leicester think that the Norwich second half is how we've played all season, but those periods are absolutely the anomalies. 

Last night is what I think of when I think of this team & this season. Boring, pragmatic, playing within ourselves, not clinical, not ruthless, no urgency. Painful.

It's not even pragmatic. Apart from that spot on.

8 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I’ve had enough of watching our inverted wingers receiving the ball who will most likely be doubled up or against a deep playing fb meaning if he cuts inside and runs into traffic or if he goes on the outside we may win a corner. I’m not even going to talk about how inept we are at these. Repeat about 15-20 times in the game. Enzo ball.

This is it for me. Everything is so central where it's completely congested. It's just basic stuff. As other people have said, it's just overcomplicated and ideological football. As soon as we actually had someone (Praet) make an overlapping run and get behind them last night, we actually looked like scoring, unfortunately it was in stoppage time. God forbid we actually switch the wingers at any point and try and get some crosses in. Just mix it up a bit and keep them guessing, it's not rocket science.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, shiv said:

Why would playing a slightly more direct way result in losing every week, we've already lost more than Saints, Leeds and Ipswich.?

• Like 1

Guest Lcfc82
5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Unfortunately, the issue is bigger than Enzo, look at the last few managers we’ve had. The club want a certain type of manager who plays in a certain way. Hence, since Puel all managers we’ve had have received the same complaints and I see the same posts…. Boring, stubborn, no plan B, ego getting in the way, only plays his favourites, I can’t watch this anymore…

Puel, Rodgers, Enzo… it’s all the same Rodgers is just Puel with a Gucci belt, Enzo is an Italian Rodgers…

This is a directive from the club and if Enzo is to leave at the end of the season, you can put your house on the replacement being another carbon copy unless changes are also made higher up.

Totally agree, I don’t understand the clubs thinking on this though.

Surely they see the same things as us.

44 minutes ago, shiv said:

The football is boring. Against Millwall the possession we had in the first half we should of been out of sight. I want someone to crack a goal from outside the box. Get me out of my seat, give me something to shout about. Something positive 

What is the real Enzo ball? Is it the faster play to get to not spaces and make/score chances like we have seen glimpses of this season or is it the slow utterly dull pass pass pass?

Also is it the lack of quality to implement this style?

Finally I wonder how much fatigue is kicking in.  FML I'm fatigues watching all the games this season, maybe fatigued by football in general? Maybe just Lcfc? 

At the end of the day we are where we are in the league and for now that’s top.  

Some thoughts, maybe bollocks? For all his outward show of bravura and bravado, even arrogance, I reckon Enzo is actually lacking in confidence. When his idea was working with results, he could easily hide that. When it started to fall apart, he actually started questioning himself and didn't like others doing it, hence his "I'll walk" proclamation. That inner fragility means he is actually afraid to change or is catatonic to do so. Our players now look scared in games to do anything different and that fear comes from Enzo's lack of confidence. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

The drop off in performances and results since Christmas or even two months ago has been fairly shocking. We were in the position to waltz up to promotion even with a reasonable drop in results, but this has all the hallmarks of a bottle job from the Brendan Rodger’s school of management. But the consequence this time could set us back a decade or more because at the moment these next 5 games determine which league we will get a points deduction in next season. You have to take a chance in the PL because the EFL have demonstrated they’re trigger happy on points deductions and will throw the library at us - and I fear it could be back to League One.

Cannot believe some people are still defending him on here.

We could’ve hired any average championship manager in July and be on similar points, maybe more by now.

Dare I say even the likes of Jesse Marsch, Rowett or Alex Neil would have us promoted by now with THIS squad. 

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Cannot believe some people are still defending him on here.

We could’ve hired any average championship manager in July and be on similar points, maybe more by now.

Dare I say even the likes of Jesse Marsch, Rowett or Alex Neil would have us promoted by now with THIS squad. 

There’s literally no way of proving this. Only comparison you could argue we have is we were in for Martin and they are below us with a largely similar squad quality.