Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't understand why people harp on about Burnley. Enzo isn't Kompany. We don't yet know how Enzo will approach it. 

And other clubs have been relegated too and many system struggle, not just Burnley. Moyes took a West Ham team loaded with talent to an inch of relegation last season and his West Ham team have been in relegation form for the final 3rd of this season, with FAR better players than we currently have. But if thats what people aspire to then fair do.

My brother is a West Ham fan and goes to many matches, so a little more informed that the 5 minute clips you get of Bowen on match of the day.

Yet they didnt go down, whilst we did, and his other west ham seasons they have been qualifying for Europe.

You take baby steps, its like a promoted club wanting someone like Pep because "he has a higher ceiling".

We harp on about Burnley because they put football ideology ahead of basics and adapting to the league.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

I don't understand why people harp on about Burnley. Enzo isn't Kompany. We don't yet know how Enzo will approach it. 

And other clubs have been relegated too and many system struggle, not just Burnley. Moyes took a West Ham team loaded with talent to an inch of relegation last season and his West Ham team have been in relegation form for the final 3rd of this season, with FAR better players than we currently have. But if thats what people aspire to then fair do.

My brother is a West Ham fan and goes to many matches, so a little more informed that the 5 minute clips you get of Bowen on match of the day.

We do know how Enzo will approach it, as he has stated on several occasions that he won't change his style of play in the Premier League.

I'm not saying it's an identical situation to Burnley, but it's very similar and the warning signs are there.

Enzo's belief (communicated via Balague) is that Burnley struggled, not because of the style, but because they stuck with the players that got them up, which just isn't true.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

He was on  a train to London this morning apparently 

Was it after 9:30 so he could get a Saver Return? 

If he was going to Chelsea, you would have thought some form of airplane would be involved.

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Again worth noting he's repped by John Morris who did Potter to Chelsea as well. (and Enzo to here, as well as Rodgers to here).

I imagine involved in Oscar Garcia to Leuven as well as he is also a Wasserman client

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was it after 9:30 so he could get a Saver Return? 

If he was going to Chelsea, you would have thought some form of airplane would be involved.

From Leicester? 😂

Any of the them 3 names would be a poor fit at Chelsea. Would snap their hands off though if you were Enzo wouldn’t you, X amount of millions for probably only a years work. 

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Director of recruitment and talent Joe Shields worked with Leicester City manager Maresca at Manchester City, during which time he coached a team that included Cole Palmer.

😕

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That list is pretty shocking for a club of Chelsea's size 😂

At least they aren’t appointing Vincent Kompany.

I truly believe we’ll avoid relegation if Enzo stays. The opposite if he goes and the pre-season disruption/change it will usher in. 
If he does decide to go it will be the cash, the size of the job and, I dare say, the lack of appreciation for the fantastic job he’s done here with a tiny but vocal minority of our fan base. 

• Like 2

Neither are particularly experienced, but Mckenna's CV is way more impressive than Enzo's.

You'd think he'd be more attractive to them. 

They don't seem to worry about money too much, but he'd surely have a much cheaper release clause.

Just now, James_lcfc said:

Neither are particularly experienced, but Mckenna's CV is way more impressive than Enzo's.

You'd think he'd be more attractive to them. 

They don't seem to worry about money too much, but he'd surely have a much cheaper release clause.

Enzo clause is double apparently 

• Like 1