Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

I hate Chelsea and the way they have conducted their business through the media!  I feel for Ipswich fans as well.

If Enzo goes then I wish him well but it will go all Parma for him. 

We need a loyal but pragmatic manager that is going to achieve the magic 40 points next season because it’s going to be an uphill struggle and 16th/17th with do just fine!  Once we get a foothold in the league again then we can look again.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Football makes no sense, but Chelsea have an abundance of what we don’t, cash and more cash. 

I think you’re dead right when you say he’s been mislead, he had, he more or less admitted this to the media, as did Rodgers before him. 

This lack of transparency between the board and the management staff is absurd, this has to be resolved, it’s going to taint any relationship between the manager and their bosses. 

Also I think he doesn't think much about our personnel or lack of it behind the infrastructure of this club coming from Man city where he saw proper directors with football and business acumen 

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

@Ric Flair was bang on the money re Enzo. Called it months ago that his time was done, and I think the majority of us agree. I think there’s a clear break in the relationship between Enzo and the board. So it’s better he leaves this way, and we get some compensation out of it, rather than us have to sack him. 

Was this when 80% of the forum thought we were going to lose in the play-off semi finals? It was his first season in English football, his second ever as a manager, and he reinvigorated a totally broken team and won the league while one of Leeds or Southampton will fail to go up.

In Arteta's first season, he had Arsenal fans calling for his head too. But their fans can get away with being less patient and more entitled. We don't have the resources or wealth of alternative options to do that but I think that ship has sailed. I can only imagine what Enzo thinks of our fanbase. The same ones showing him no support are now outraged that he'd be open to exploring other options lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The Evening Standard is reporting that there has been a lot of money placed on Mourinho in the past few hours...lol

I’d ****ing love that

1 minute ago, Torten said:

Xavi sacked. 

You can imagine Boehly is the type of idiot who'd appoint him for the big name appeal.

Pep experience

Big name

Plays passing football

Just now, enmac said:

Andy Jacobs, lifelong Chelsea fan, just now: "Anyone but Maresca. Gone by Christmas."

Caught that just now. Which is why he would be a resounding success. 

I want Mou

8 minutes ago, Torten said:

Xavi sacked. 

You can imagine Boehly is the type of idiot who'd appoint him for the big name appeal.

I'd be surprised if he turns round and takes the chelsea job so quickly.. there are actually a lot of legal wranglings that go on about this kind of thing and it can take months to sort out..

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Pep experience

Big name

Plays passing football

Xavi's been quoted as saying he only wants to manage Barcelona, no other management job interests him.

Even if hadn't said that, I couldn't have seen him at Chelsea given one of his frustrations was lack of control on transfer policy. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

I think this situation could be a win win for all parties - no way will we compete playing the Enzo way without an unbelievable summer transfer window and he won’t get the players we need but ultimately he has shown a huge weakness in flexibility.

He may get a club which has the capacity to  build his model - our board avoid some uncomfortable infrastructure and budget challenges.

we get a pragmatic manager who will take some of the qualities he left us with winks, Fatawu, Hermansen but builds a more flexible and pace driven way to play without the ball - we need an experienced manager who is not stubborn!

we all win IF the board find the right appointment - Moyes or Potter for me!

it is ironic that BR won an FA Cup, got us in Europe and danced so much to get a Chelsea level job yet our foreign manager has one decent season and has clubs chasing him even though he is unproven - weird and although I despised BR’s self arrogance this guy is no better imo 

just move on and let’s go again we are LCFC and need not to be held to ransom by players or managers !

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

@Ric Flair was bang on the money re Enzo. Called it months ago that his time was done, and I think the majority of us agree. I think there’s a clear break in the relationship between Enzo and the board. So it’s better he leaves this way, and we get some compensation out of it, rather than us have to sack him. 

I'm not sure it's quite that simple, he's been at Seagrave pretty much constantly since the season ended. I'm not saying he won't go, but those aren't the actions of a man who's "time is done".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Betting suspended on next Chelsea manager.  Looks like a third (or is it fourth) dollop of Mourinho.

Nothing changed on Betfair exchange. Enzo slight favourite over Mckenna. Jose at 11/1.

Presume most bookies suspend when someone drops a tenner on these markets.

At this stage I want him gone 

He is playing with fire pimping himself to Chelsea while supposedly on holiday 

Its disrespectful 

Club have given him permission to speak once Chelsea agree 10m 

They won't pay that 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Going for these managers is wild, Mckenna ffs, even Nigel Adkins got back to back promotions with Saints.

Both of them need another couple of seasons IMO.

There is a clamour to find the next big thing before anybody else does now at the top clubs. It used to be just players, but it's extended to managers now. None of the also-rans can buy Pep, so they need to find the next Pep before anyone else does and tie him down.

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

If Enzo is travelling down to Chelsea for an interview I’m not sure 

where that leaves him if he doesn’t get the job.

London?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Enzo goes to Chelsea, I think he could be gone by Christmas. The brand of football, will not excite fans and they will turn. I can't imagine that appointment would excitement them either. Unbelievable to think that Chelsea's shortlist involve two managers that worked in the championship last season... though this happened before and what happened....

Frank Lampard could become permanent Chelsea manager again - Futbol on  FanNation

Oh dear :D

Edited by Leicesterpool