Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 hour ago, Spiritwalker said:

If Enzo is travelling down to Chelsea for an interview I’m not sure 

where that leaves him if he doesn’t get the job.

Exactly. He’s surely got to go now one way or another. How are we supposed to get behind him when we know he wants out? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

Chelsea genuinely have no idea what they're doing. 

I do find it incredible just in general how people can be in such powerful positions in big football clubs (ours included) and not have a clue about football. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Feed The Yak!! said:

I can only imagine what Enzo thinks of our fanbase. The same ones showing him no support are now outraged that he'd be open to exploring other options lol

I don’t care what he thinks of us. The sooner the Italian Bodgers is gone the better. I can't stand his one dimensional tac tics bore fest.

Yes I thank him for taking us up. But his tac tics are awful and prem teams will rip us up playing his way. Forest Brentford Bournemouth and Fulham all have plenty of experience playing much better teams with the same tactics as we play.

We could be the biggest joke in prem history if we go in with only a plan A.

• Haha 4

100% he will go if offered it. Not sure he would be the best manager for us in the Prem anyway. Looked good against Championship sides but the Prem is completely different. To be honest with the players Leicester have should have got promoted anyway. We sometimes need a different way of playing, a plan B

• Like 1

Football really is a world of its own!

what other job can you openly get approached by another employer and get permission to discuss another job opportunity without the threat of an instant firing. If it’s the average Joe you have to conduct the interviewing in total secrecy.

if Enzo speaks to Chelsea but turns them down I might still have a little respect left for him but if he says yes and then gets overlooked by another prospect I’m don’t think I can get behind him anymore for the future. The trust has gone and any love or respect tarnished. This is a big test for him and his reputation. 

2 hours ago, Onions said:

I guess you don’t remember him turning against the fans within the first month, moaning about their reaction to the Centre Backs passing it between themselves all game. 

People bang in about his style of football, yet our best result was Southampton when we had less of the ball 🤷‍♂️

I don't remember that. Any quotes to back this up or should we just take your word for it?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Also I think he doesn't think much about our personnel or lack of it behind the infrastructure of this club coming from Man city where he saw proper directors with football and business acumen 

If he wants proper direction then Chelsea isn't the club for Enzo.

Boehly and Eghbali are ****ing clueless, their solution is to just chuck money at the team and buy youth without a thought for team structure, squad size, harmony, what the manager needs etc.

It took a manager of Pochettino's quality nearly a year to sort out the mess they created.

I pity whoever gets the job, it's an impossible task because the owners just keep adding to the size of the problem.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ToeKneeHandCock said:

Exactly. He’s surely got to go now one way or another. How are we supposed to get behind him when we know he wants out? 

Do we know he wants out? Do we actually know for certain that Chelsea have made an official approach and have been given permission to speak to him, and if so if he has actually spoken to them.

If you were approached by another employer, who happens to be a bigger company offering much higher wages and a prestigious position in your chosen field, would not at least listen to what they are offering?

Even if he does talk to them, it does not mean that he wants out, simply that he is exploring a potential option and may decide that he prefers it where he is.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Football really is a world of its own!

what other job can you openly get approached by another employer and get permission to discuss another job opportunity without the threat of an instant firing. If it’s the average Joe you have to conduct the interviewing in total secrecy.

if Enzo speaks to Chelsea but turns them down I might still have a little respect left for him but if he says yes and then gets overlooked by another prospect I’m don’t think I can get behind him anymore for the future. The trust has gone and any love or respect tarnished. This is a big test for him and his reputation. 

?   This happens often. It's up to your current employees to give you a pay rise or more incentives if they want to keep you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

Do we know he wants out? Do we actually know for certain that Chelsea have made an official approach and have been given permission to speak to him, and if so if he has actually spoken to them.

If you were approached by another employer, who happens to be a bigger company offering much higher wages and a prestigious position in your chosen field, would not at least listen to what they are offering?

Even if he does talk to them, it does not mean that he wants out, simply that he is exploring a potential option and may decide that he prefers it where he is.

You're in cloud cuckoo land if you think he would turn Chelsea down

1 minute ago, urban fox said:

I suppose he could be in London because he's always wanted the chance to ride on the london-eye..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I suppose he could be in London because he's always wanted the chance to ride on the london-eye..

Is he definately in London? 

Just now, StevieH said:

You're in cloud cuckoo land if you think he would turn Chelsea down

I didn't say that he would turn them down if offered the post.  The fact that they may have made an approach does not mean he actively wants away, simply that he he would naturally be interested in exploring the option. That is not the same thing as actively seeking an exit

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

or going to watch one of his ex teams that is coached by a good friend in a cup final??

• Like 2

Just now, goose2010 said:

or going to watch one of his ex teams that is coached by a good friend in a cup final??

if so, he went a day or two too early.. most news that gets reported is several hours behind actual events, and he was reported to have gone to london yesterday.

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Someone here did say they saw Enzo boarding a train to London yesterday 🤷

London has a Morrisons near Chelsea?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

I didn't say that he would turn them down if offered the post.  The fact that they may have made an approach does not mean he actively wants away, simply that he he would naturally be interested in exploring the option. That is not the same thing as actively seeking an exit

If he will talk to them , 100% he will go if offered the job. 

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

Or he could just be in London because he is in London for a completely unrelated reason I'm going to London tomorrow I must be interviewing for the chealsea job.

Yes obviously it could be the case but there are so many other reasons for him to be in London it means nothing weather he is there or not

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

Really? If Chelsea ask to meet you, you go visit them. But how they conduct themselves will matter just as much as the case you put across yourself. 

This will be his opportunity to understand how Chelsea would be willing to buy into a project.

Just now, StevieH said:

Even if they say, "You'll have no input on transfers and Todd would like the power to overrule you on team selections if necessary"? I'm not suggesting they will say that, but your post implies that Enzo will take the job on any terms just because he's spoken to them. I'm not sure - I think it's pretty normal to talk to prospective employers and then turn them down because you're not convinced by what they say...

• Like 2