Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

I’ve thought about this more from an Enzo perspective and that would be his commitment to our club. Remember he’s already had a sit down with Top & co. He’s probably laid out some demands and the club has given certain assurances. I’m guessing he’s cool with that if he would have walked immediately. Now being open to hear what Chelsea have to say maybe another strategic move to simply let Top know he needs to back him or he can leave for a bigger club very easily & quickly.. mind games possibly?.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Even if they say, "You'll have no input on transfers and Todd would like the power to overrule you on team selections if necessary"? I'm not suggesting they will say that, but your post implies that Enzo will take the job on any terms just because he's spoken to them. I'm not sure - I think it's pretty normal to talk to prospective employers and then turn them down because you're not convinced by what they say...

So he would rather stay at Leicester with a points deduction and an unproven team in the Prem requiring major recruitment with FFP limitations. He is off if offered to him no doubt

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Or he could just be in London because he is in London for a completely unrelated reason I'm going to London tomorrow I must be interviewing for the chealsea job.

Yes obviously it could be the case but there are so many other reasons for him to be in London it means nothing weather he is there or not

I actually wouldn’t rule out Chelsea signing you as another squad player on an 8-year contract

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I’ve thought about this more from an Enzo perspective and that would be his commitment to our club. Remember he’s already had a sit down with Top & co. He’s probably laid out some demands and the club has given certain assurances. I’m guessing he’s cool with that if he would have walked immediately. Now being open to hear what Chelsea have to say maybe another strategic move to simply let Top know he needs to back him or he can leave for a bigger club very easily & quickly.. mind games possibly?.

As long as Top doesn't fall for another Rodgers situation and reward him with a ridiculous salary and contract termination settlement fee!

No more being held to ransom. Enzo is young and up and coming with one failure already behind him. If he wants to go let him go, he's not that special at this stage and there are other fish in the sea. 

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

As long as Top doesn't fall for another Rodgers situation and reward him with a ridiculous salary and contract termination settlement fee!

No more being held to ransom. Enzo is young and up and coming with one failure already behind him. If he wants to go let him go, he's not that special at this stage and there are other fish in the sea. 

If Enzo’s conversations are around how to improve the club infrastructure (and let’s be honest there would likely be a discussion around remuneration after promotion but it needs to be sensible), then it seems reasonable. If he goes he goes but the situation would be as normal, “good he’s gone” for some, what that means in reality is much more concerning.

No, he isn’t that special yet, he did well albeit with a scary period with a good squad, but my concerns are around undoing preparations, training, etc and I would dispute just air dropping in a.n.other could ever leave us as well prepared than if he were to remain.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

EPL / EFL to introduce a manager roulette to maximise this new found excitement?

• Every 6 months every club draws lots on who will be their next manager for the next 6 months
  • This would be shown exclusively live* on Sky with a star studded cast lead by Kaveh Solhekol 
  • They would add an American wildcard manager every 12 months into the mix to spice things up
  • Those in Europe can "veto" their choice a certain number of time, this being decided by a factor related to their revenue (and/or contributions to the good of mankind)
  • We provide token acknowledgement to THE PYRAMID a non-league manager would also feature in this joyous roulette and features on an accompanying Cash in Attic type series

This is as good as the PSR in fairness. 

It strikes me that Chelsea hasn't done their homework on Maresca. If they did, they'd realize that he's too wedded to his style and doesn't react well when the game plan isn't working. He's also going to be competing against a much better set of opposing managers than he did this past season.

First set of bad results fans will be grumbling that he's in over his head.  If Enzo goes, I predict that Chelsea sacks him before Christmas.  And at this point, I think I want him to go.

• Like 1

While for me the jury is still out. He will have worked with elite players at Man City and understands how a really big club operates.

He may well have a squad which is good enough to force his style on his opponents.

it could all work out for him.  I can see the logic in this one

30 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

It strikes me that Chelsea hasn't done their homework on Maresca. If they did, they'd realize that he's too wedded to his style and doesn't react well when the game plan isn't working. He's also going to be competing against a much better set of opposing managers than he did this past season.

First set of bad results fans will be grumbling that he's in over his head.  If Enzo goes, I predict that Chelsea sacks him before Christmas.  And at this point, I think I want him to go.

This!

I do find it very funny that he got it tactically so wrong against Chelsea in the cup that they now want him. I know you shouldn’t judge it on 1 game but that’s where the Chelsea hierarchy should look at and instantly realise he shouldn’t be in the running. 

Outcomes in order of preference: 

1. Enzo stays

2. Enzo goes 

3. Enzo given new multi-year, multi-million contract 

We absolutely cannot have another Brendan situation where a manager holds us to ransom. He’s done a good job so far but no man is bigger than the club. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Don't necessarily disagree with you, but it's worth mentioning that he'll obviously have way more options at Chelsea. I was annoyed by his rigidity on numerous occasions last season, but, to be fair, his options were pretty limited a lot of the time.

22 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I do find it very funny that he got it tactically so wrong against Chelsea in the cup that they now want him. I know you shouldn’t judge it on 1 game but that’s where the Chelsea hierarchy should look at and instantly realise he shouldn’t be in the running. 

I think it's great!..

The likes of Chelsea chasing someone like Enzo!😂😂...

How the mighty fall and long may it continue.

38 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

What a load of bollocks.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

What a load of bollocks.

What’s bollocks about it? He played a high line against Chelsea and we got absolutely destroyed. It could of easily been double figures. Tactically he got it completely wrong. Look at the first goal Jackson is at walking pace against Vesty and he’s struggling to catch him until the balls in the net. We were all over the place defensively. 

• Like 2

Just now, winteriscoming said:

What’s bollocks about it? He played a high line against Chelsea and we got absolutely destroyed. It could of easily been double figures. Tactically he got it completely wrong. Look at the first goal Jackson is at walking pace against Vesty and he’s struggling to catch him until the balls in the net. We were all over the place defensively. 

Its bollocks that Chelsea would likely have taken too much notice of it.  They would be paying far more attention to how the coach applies himself to the job, skills, ambition etc. Yes, he went very high risk but so what? Where we were at the time it was better to go high risk than low block. That has to be commended. 

And we had them at 2-2! Yes, it was a bad defensive day and we had Hamza playing that inverted role. But we stuck to what we do rather than parked the bus. A club would take more notice of that. There is a reason why Championship managers who park the bus don't really hit the radar of bigger clubs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

I hope he stays.

It’s just not ideal preparation going into the season with a new manager every year..

I actually want us to build a project again. We've built some foundations but we actually need to have a plan set out each year. 

We seemed to lose that after the FA cup win