Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

3 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

I’ve been a Leicester fan my whole life and if I was in Enzo’s shoes I wouldn’t go there instantly. I certainly wouldn’t be drip feeding through Romano that I was ‘super keen.’ Have some class Enzo ffs. I’d expect a bit of loyalty considering he was plucked from a coaching role after failing badly in his first managerial role. If he does go, I hope he fails, mainly because other than 2015/16 Chelsea have classlessly asset stripped us, tapping up Chilwell mid season, encouraging Fofana to down tools and have generally lived up to all the negative characteristics that the big 6 get criticised for. 

Enzo’s been doing this all season through his lobbyist Balague and others. 

That said, let’s also not pretend he wasn’t widely known in the football world, Pep Guardiola isn’t hiring a random name as his assistant. 

8 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Every manager that Chelsea’s owners appoint end up leaving acrimoniously after no more than a year, even if they win a major trophy like Tuchel. 

They've literally appointed one manager. Pochettino. And his stock doesn't seem to have fallen massively.

Of all the Big 5 clubs, Chelsea would be the least attractive for a big career

move, it’s basically just cashed up Watford and you won’t last more than 2 seasons, even if you win trophies.

18 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Of all the Big 5 clubs, Chelsea would be the least attractive for a big career

move, it’s basically just cashed up Watford and you won’t last more than 2 seasons, even if you win trophies.

7 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

I’ve been a Leicester fan my whole life and if I was in Enzo’s shoes I wouldn’t go there instantly. I certainly wouldn’t be drip feeding through Romano that I was ‘super keen.’ Have some class Enzo ffs. I’d expect a bit of loyalty considering he was plucked from a coaching role after failing badly in his first managerial role. If he does go, I hope he fails, mainly because other than 2015/16 Chelsea have classlessly asset stripped us, tapping up Chilwell mid season, encouraging Fofana to down tools and have generally lived up to all the negative characteristics that the big 6 get criticised for. 

A bit of sour grapes on show here.

You could easily argue that Enzo owes us nothing - he achieved what the club wanted and was by all accounts misled to some extent by management about our PSR situation.

Chelsea with Boehly at the helm should not be sniffed at despite their questionable transfer dealings - it's still a big club with wealthy owners and of course Maresca should be interested.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We do forget that this is just a job for many of these guys (coaches/players), just as for many of us our jobs are just jobs, and majority of us all would all jump at the chance to double or triple your salary

Exactly this.  There is little or no emotional attachment, like there is for fans, with the odd exception.  

• Like 3

I would just like Maresca to come out and let the club know how he see's the situation. Let's have a bit of honesty all-round and then we can all get on with it. 

Now we are facing a potential points deduction, new manager, contract situations and such. 

2 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

I would just like Maresca to come out and let the club know how he see's the situation

Just not going to happen so why put that expectation on it... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

Exactly this.  There is little or no emotional attachment, like there is for fans, with the odd exception.  

Agreed, and people getting annoyed and directing their ire at Enzo based on a half dozen stories, from peoples whose primary job is to sell stories, need to realise that these exclusives have a different aim and it’s not necessarily to tell the whole truth.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Agreed, and people getting annoyed and directing their ire at Enzo based on a half dozen stories, from peoples whose primary job is to sell stories, need to realise that these exclusives have a different aim and it’s not necessarily to tell the whole truth.

Yep.  There will be snippets of truth within mountains of bullsh*t.  And we don't know what those snippets are.  Quite bored of it now.  Get it done one way or the other so we can all move on and the team can prepare for what isn't going to be an easy season. 

Edited by rugbyblue
Swearing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shen said:

You could easily argue that Enzo owes us nothing - he achieved what the club wanted and was by all accounts misled to some extent by management about our PSR situation.

Chelsea with Boehly at the helm should not be sniffed at despite their questionable transfer dealings - it's still a big club with wealthy owners and of course Maresca should be interested.

No sour grapes, just pointing out Chelsea are very quick to pull the pin on their manager, unlike the other Big 5 teams.

Career wise it’s almost certainly suicidal to go there if you haven’t already got a solid reputation in place.

Yes, short term there’s a huge chance of working with some huge players and qualifying for Europe regularly, but they are miles behind Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City and need someone who can go there to rebuild - the problem is time and will you be given any?

Since Jose left in 2015 they must have had 10 different managers in 9 years, hardly the place to go to build a reputation and be successful.

The Man Utd job will be available soon, as will Peps at Man City - both of these will give you more time to build and make something of your career.

50 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

I would just like Maresca to come out and let the club know how he see's the situation. Let's have a bit of honesty all-round and then we can all get on with it. 

Now we are facing a potential points deduction, new manager, contract situations and such. 

Why would / should he when the hierarchy within the club couldn't do the same for him when he first signed?

9 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Why ate people adduming that Enzo is telling journalists that he is keen and they are not just guessing/ making it up for clicks. It is something journalists do all the time! There is no evidence to say that Enzo has actually said anything to anyone

2 hours ago, shen said:

We have all been misled around the reality that the club finds itself in financially.

I am not buying that Maresca has been hard done to and that he has good reason to leave.

Yes, the secrecy that the club has shown over the last few seasons is wrong, and yes we have been mismanaged from top to bottom, but we aren’t looking to find a new club to support are we? We haven’t turned our back on city because of this. And out of everyone, it’s the fans who have been shafted the most - buy both the board and 2 managers who have criticised us.

If the club had been transparent about the situation, our expectations as fans would have been adjusted accordingly - we would have understood no signings etc. instead, to keep up with the secrecy, we spent money we didn’t have on players we didn’t need (yes, we did need wingers, but £10m on a defender who warmed the bench and £8m on a striker who did the same was a waste of money) and made our financial situation worse.

Enzo has done ok since he arrived, though I was never keen tbh. We ground out results we didn’t deserve early on and got some luck, hit an awful spell later on and then limped over the line having squandered a huge lead.

Despite those points, the main issue for me is the spoilt brattishness. The minute any manager criticises the fans, I want them out, and that will never change.

1 hour ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Why ate people adduming that Enzo is telling journalists that he is keen and they are not just guessing/ making it up for clicks. It is something journalists do all the time! There is no evidence to say that Enzo has actually said anything to anyone

Exactly. All Romano does is seem to read the room and repeat stories when a few media platforms get a whiff. Not sure how connected he actually is.

I’ve seen multiple people talk about the Leicester project. 
The Leicester project is keeping us in the division on a shoestring and maybe getting us back into the top half in a couple of seasons then unlikely but maybe fighting to get us back into the top 6. 

The Chelsea project is having hundreds of millions to spend and fighting for the premier league and then champions league. 

Timing is everything in football and these opportunities rarely offer themselves (maybe not so rare in the case of Chelsea) but you only have to have 1 bad season at Leicester and suddenly you’re not as hot a prospect to these top clubs as you were the year before, or maybe a manager from another league pulls off an incredible season like Alonso at Leverkusen and suddenly he’s the one Chelsea want. 

To be headhunted directly from the championship to one of the biggest and richest clubs in the country, you’d be mad to turn that down. IMO If Chelsea offer Enzo a contract he will be off down the road before we can even wave goodbye to him. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

No sour grapes, just pointing out Chelsea are very quick to pull the pin on their manager, unlike the other Big 5 teams.

Career wise it’s almost certainly suicidal to go there if you haven’t already got a solid reputation in place.

Yes, short term there’s a huge chance of working with some huge players and qualifying for Europe regularly, but they are miles behind Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City and need someone who can go there to rebuild - the problem is time and will you be given any?

Since Jose left in 2015 they must have had 10 different managers in 9 years, hardly the place to go to build a reputation and be successful.

The Man Utd job will be available soon, as will Peps at Man City - both of these will give you more time to build and make something of your career.

Of Tuchel, Pochettino, Potter, Lampard, Sarri, Conte and Hiddink, whose reputation has notably suffered? None, really. You could argue that Lampard and Potter haven't enhanced it, but it's not exactly a poisoned chalice. 

And it's been the reality for most top club managers that time is not an afforded luxury - and in turn it's also a lucrative cycle to get fired and rehired on a yearly basis, so I don't see the catch here.

it's just more ironic you mention United when that has been a graveyard for managers and players far longer than Chelsea.

1 hour ago, dooflip said:

We have all been misled around the reality that the club finds itself in financially.

I am not buying that Maresca has been hard done to and that he has good reason to leave.

Yes, the secrecy that the club has shown over the last few seasons is wrong, and yes we have been mismanaged from top to bottom, but we aren’t looking to find a new club to support are we? We haven’t turned our back on city because of this. And out of everyone, it’s the fans who have been shafted the most - buy both the board and 2 managers who have criticised us.

If the club had been transparent about the situation, our expectations as fans would have been adjusted accordingly - we would have understood no signings etc. instead, to keep up with the secrecy, we spent money we didn’t have on players we didn’t need (yes, we did need wingers, but £10m on a defender who warmed the bench and £8m on a striker who did the same was a waste of money) and made our financial situation worse.

Enzo has done ok since he arrived, though I was never keen tbh. We ground out results we didn’t deserve early on and got some luck, hit an awful spell later on and then limped over the line having squandered a huge lead.

Despite those points, the main issue for me is the spoilt brattishness. The minute any manager criticises the fans, I want them out, and that will never change.

But conversely, why should Enzo show much loyalty? If the top HAD been upfront with him (and I think it's even more important to be frank with your managers and employees than your supporters) he would feel less likely to leave.

It's not at all pertinent to compare Enzo's position as an employee to that of a fan.

Also bizarre to hold him solely accountable for two subpar signings. Firstly, that's not on him alone - if at all on him. Secondly, it discounts the other solid signings made. Thirdly, we achieved promotion which was far more important long term than this outlay.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I’ve seen multiple people talk about the Leicester project. 
The Leicester project is keeping us in the division on a shoestring and maybe getting us back into the top half in a couple of seasons then unlikely but maybe fighting to get us back into the top 6. 

The Chelsea project is having hundreds of millions to spend and fighting for the premier league and then champions league. 

Timing is everything in football and these opportunities rarely offer themselves (maybe not so rare in the case of Chelsea) but you only have to have 1 bad season at Leicester and suddenly you’re not as hot a prospect to these top clubs as you were the year before, or maybe a manager from another league pulls off an incredible season like Alonso at Leverkusen and suddenly he’s the one Chelsea want. 

To be headhunted directly from the championship to one of the biggest and richest clubs in the country, you’d be mad to turn that down. IMO If Chelsea offer Enzo a contract he will be off down the road before we can even wave goodbye to him. 

Pretty well put tbh. 

The Chelsea project has the possibility to be a team winning most things, with the financial backing to buy the correct profile of player at whatever stage of their career. 

The Leicester project is deciding what we're not cutting costs on and trying to battle against a system wanting clubs to fail

• Like 1