Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

Some of the responses in here….

Can anyone really say, if they were in the same position as Maresca, that they would turn down this opportunity?

This is a job  that will make him financially secure for life , even if he lasts less than a season.

Bit harsh

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

I never understand posts like this. Not one of us could say that, because we’re LCFC fans and we’re thinking emotionally about the club we love. Good luck to him, but don’t expect fans to get onside with it

Yes but surely you're of the understanding that Enzo is not an LCFC fan and therefore emotion isn't a part of his thinking when it comes to his career. There will be LCFC players who have far more affiliation with the club and it's fans that will also jump ship as soon as an offer from one of the elite (money) clubs comes along.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

If Rodgers comes back I’ma flip

Plenty of folks celebrating without a clue who we get in is a little bit funny, but a lot sad also.

Madness appointment. 

Thanks for completing the most basic job, the football was boring, Italian Rodgers will be sacked by Christmas, but £10m richer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Yes but surely you're of the understanding that Enzo is not an LCFC fan and therefore emotion isn't a part of his thinking when it comes to his career. There will be LCFC players who have far more affiliation with the club and it's fans that will also jump ship as soon as an offer from one of the elite (money) clubs comes along.

Right but that wasn’t the point of the post. 

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Just compo to agree.  Probably trying to lower ball us. 

My favourite part of deals with Chelsea. That’ll be 20m in Compo then

1 minute ago, Onions said:

Madness appointment. 

Thanks for completing the most basic job, the football was boring, Italian Rodgers will be sacked by Christmas, but £10m richer. 

Most basic? Nonsense. Championship is a grind. Go tell Farke it’s the most basic of jobs. 

16 minutes ago, MPH said:

Some of the responses in here….

Can anyone really say, if they were in the same position as Maresca, that they would turn down this opportunity?

This is a job  that will make him financially secure for life , even if he lasts less than a season.

Yes. He already is financially secure for life (I would imagine) and the Chelsea and Man U jobs are hand grenades for the next five years minimum.

Kompany has shown what waiting a year out can do for your prospects, he even got relegated! Big jobs will keep appearing for the next few years due to heightened expectations and huge instability at the big clubs. Proving himself in the pressure cooker of the PL would have done his creds a lot of good. He'll prob go the same way as Graham Potter now, in Easter we'll be reading a 7-page Phil McNulty in-depth BBC article about how short sighted this appointment was. 

Happy to admit if I am wrong, and no hard feelings towards the bloke, it's business. But there's now way I'd take the job if I were him.

• Like 2

No self respecting so called 'top' manager is going to go there and tarnish their reputation, particularly when they don't seem to have any say in player purchases and other alleged interferences. 

For Maresca however, rather like Potter, it's arguably an offer he can't refuse. Better salary no doubt and albeit a very risky one, a chance to try and prove himself at a big club. 

He'd be taking an even bigger risk if he stays here perhaps under the current circumstances. If it's offered, I think he has to take it. Neither has he arguably got, or likely to get, before the start of the season, the type of players he needs to play his system. In that respect, as he seems completely wedded to his system to the point of stubbornness or simply unable to adapt to anything else, it's probably better for both party's that he leaves. Potentially a really good manager for us but perhaps not in our current circumstances. 

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yes. He already is financially secure for life (I would imagine) and the Chelsea and Man U jobs are hand grenades for the next five years minimum.

Kompany has shown what waiting a year out can do for your prospects, he even got relegated! Big jobs will keep appearing for the next few years due to heightened expectations and huge instability at the big clubs. Proving himself in the pressure cooker of the PL would have done his creds a lot of good. He'll prob go the same way as Graham Potter now, in Easter we'll be reading a 7-page Phil McNulty in-depth BBC article about how short sighted this appointment was. 

Happy to admit if I am wrong, and no hard feelings towards the bloke, it's business. But there's now way I'd take the job if I were him.

Common sense and logical thinking is not allowed in this planet nowadays. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Mahrez was running around Airports trying to get clubs to sign him and he was much more of a legend than Enzo is. Everybody hated him for that even to this day

Enzo is litterally pushing for the chelsea job when only achieving what was expected.

If he stays now it doesn't look good for the club. Certainly shouldn't get a new contract 

I didn’t I’d have had him back in a heartbeat. 

Just now, AKCJ said:

The more I think about it, the worse it gets.

He'll probably want to take Hermansen with him as well. This is a proper disaster.

Fatawu on the cheap too. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The more I think about it, the worse it gets.

He'll probably want to take Hermansen with him as well. This is a proper disaster.

U ok hun? Inbox me

Edited by foxfanazer

I can see why he’d leave as it’s such a shit show here and I can see why he would go for his ego, bank and a much bigger club but it’s a poisoned chalice.

Better for him to leave now than drain us like Brendan did.

Unsure why you would join us which is a huge concern.

Without that unnecessary relegation we wouldn’t be in this mess. It all comes back to those years of mismanagement at the top.