Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

It’s happened before, and it will happen again, we didn’t do too bad under Jimmy Bloomfield after he replaced Frank O’Farrell, who  jumped ship, after winning promotion to go to Man United,  and he didn’t last long there 😉

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, the draper said:

Enzo plan? 

It's simply the carbon copy of Peps 

Yes we all understand where Enzo learned the system.

33 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

After getting us promoted and winning the title, I would have liked Enzo to stay for another year. Just because he's got to know the club, the players and probably had a good idea where we needed to strengthen this summer.  Him leaving now does unsettle us slightly.

But let's be honest - he wasn't perfect. One dimensional tactically, refused to change anything. We overcomplicated it at times last season. If we do that again next season - with a slow build up and a high defensive line. We'd be in for a very tough tough season I believe. Also his arrogance was a bit annoying - acting as if no one dare question him about his way of playing. Supporters aren't stupid and we all watch football most weeks. Sometimes, you need a plan B. 

We take the compensation - and go and find the best replacement we can. 

Exactly this. He did the job he was meant to do, sometimes in great style and other times by the skin of his teeth but the remit was promotion and he achieved it. He'll leave with my gratitude and no hard feelings 

I'm glad the club seemingly aren't going heavy on persuading him to stay like they did with Rodgers. Maybe in some ways they are learning their lesson. All in all I think it's no big deal other than the initial disruption 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

I think they all think they are better than they are. You only need to look at tgat penalty where they were fighting like teenage girls. It's gonna take some skill to manage a squad that Size with players who think they are it! 

That is fair, that penalty incident was a farce. But if Poch made an example of those players nobody would have batted an eyelid. You could leave Madueke or Jackson out and nobody would be bothered because the players don't have the status yet.

I blame Stirling for this . If he had scored the penalty and some of his other chances we could have lost the FA Cup tie about 5 or 6 -0

not sure they would want him if so

• Haha 1

If he leaves after one season, he should be booed when coming back to the KP.

jumping ship after one season when we have him the opportunity.

he will be sacked by Chelsea within a year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

If I was enzo I would take  ricky - there are few who can step in to MF like him.

I think James, Chilwell, Fofana can all step in and play he will have an abundance of talent at his disposal - he won’t come knocking for anyone other than Mads - however if Rudkin has any sense negotiating a couple of loans from Chelsea would be worthwhile just not Casadei - Washington or Fofana up front maybe options 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

But we'd be able to get ~£30m plus for him, and that removes the need to sell KDH 

KDH easier to replace than a good promising goalkeeper like Mads for me. I think KDH has just about reached his ceiling, middle to lower Premiership at the very best, whereas I can see Mads going to the top, certainly further than KDH. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, frany104 said:

If he leaves after one season, he should be booed when coming back to the KP.

jumping ship after one season when we have him the opportunity.

he will be sacked by Chelsea within a year. 

agree don't see him getting beyond a season. No hard feelings from me, he got us up....rob edwards please..

I am not too fussed if he goes or not. We are going to struggle next season no matter what anyway and we would have taken some real hammering playing the way we do.

We get £10M for him then it is a good deal for me. Time for a fast, counter attacking manager which would suit this team perfectly.

• Like 2

I never really warned to him for some reason. It always felt like I quick fling. I never expected him to be around a long time. Thank you for promotion 

• Like 1

I for one don't wish him well. Chelsea are a joke of a club and have ruined English football. I hope it all goes wrong for him and Chelsea. Hopefully Top will get it right for us with the new appointment and we can move forward quickly 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Maybe I'm naive but I honestly believe that if Maresca had faith in the long term project here that he'd be staying. 

Chelsea are frankly a bit barmy and if he'd stayed here and put the time in I think he could be looking at better and more stable jobs. 

He's spoken passionately about wanting to build something and really work on a project and I think he thought that's what this is. But I also think he got sold a lie and is pissed off about it and largely wants out. 

Chelsea feels like any port in a storm really. That's not to suggest they aren't a massive club and it isn't a group opportunity in a lot of ways but I just don't think it would have been anywhere near as easy to tempt him if we had a competent sporting director and no pending points deduction blindsiding him.

Maresca fleeing false promises from our board?  He can’t be so stupid as to not see an even more erratic ownership at Chelsea, who have similarly pissed away their last couple years of monetary advantage.

My guess, it’s just much bigger pay and resources, and an opportunity of the type which may not come again soon.

Impossible to foresee what will happen.  He hit the ground running here, taking advantage of players better than most he came up against.  Poch left Chelsea in a much better situation than Rodgers left us.  And Maresca will again have players better than much of the opposition.

But since the Clearlake board seem to still think they are the smartest people in the room (despite all evidence to the contrary), it's hard to see them aligning with any top-level head coach in the long run. 

I’m surprised he was a serious contender in the first place for Chelsea. On balance I’d prefer if he stayed, but I’m not majority bothered. It reeks of jumping ship when he knows it’s going to get harder, and we should have never lost 10 games last season.

• Like 1

Is this actually happening? I laughed it off as a nonsense rumour when it first came out. 

Teams like Chelsea don't go after promoted teams managers. Plenty of managers out there who have a similar record to Enzo, one promotion from the championship. 

Amazing how much working under Pep adds to your reputation. 

It's an obvious choice for him, even if he's more likely to be sacked than be successful. But you could argue there was a decent chance he wouldn't last here either. 

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Think he will hijack the Abdul deal, no way he turns down Chelsea wages. Agreement means nothing if he says no

Not exactly true most of the loan deals with agreements to buy have already had contracts agreed beforehand and if the clause is triggered its automatically signed