Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Was just listening to the Euro Leagues podcast on BBC Sport.

They did a section on the Chelsea job, and they all talked about it being a basket case of a club. 

You can almost tell Balague trying to ward off Enzo from taking the job - he mentions him, and a few of the other candidates, and describes Chelsea as a 'messed up' club. He explains why Poch left as he didn't have control. 

They discuss how the owners get involved with sporting decisions and coaching appointments not being made by the manager. 

Let's see how it works out. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He was mugged off by a quarter of the Division's managers who each had players who wouldn't event make our bench. 

If you combined the entire starting xi of Millwall, Plymouth, Bristol, Blackburn ....they'd have around 2 players max in our team. The rest wouldn't even .Ake our bench. 

Yet each manager easily outfoxed Enzo. 

This is an extraordinary bit of luck for our football club. 10m for a.man who'd we'd have been paying off in October. 

Might be something in this. How well would he have done with us next year without the same relative gulf in resources we had last season?

He was so anti changing anything, and losing 11 times but stilling winning the league must be unheard of.

Taking the £10m might not be a bad outcome if we need to raise £35m wasn’t it? Just going on reported what we were going to demand for KDH.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

They did a section on the Chelsea job, and they all talked about it being a basket case of a club. 

You can almost tell Balague trying to ward off Enzo from taking the job - he mentions him, and a few of the other candidates, and describes Chelsea as a 'messed up' club. He explains why Poch left as he didn't have control. 

They discuss how the owners get involved with sporting decisions and coaching appointments not being made by the manager. 

Oooh, I can use this the opposite way this time....He should have been "careful what he wished for" touting him to all and sundry. lol 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Sacked by Christmas is my prediction. They clearly want a yes man, and no way will they listen to a bloke who was Pep’s assistant for a year and managed in the championship for a year.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

Doubt he'll raid Leicester for players, at least not right away.

Most poached managers usually have some clauses around this.

Mads would be the only assest for them to purchase imo, this wouldn't happen until of next season.

I’m not happy and I’m not gutted 

Next season is going to be brutal whoever is in charge 

Will be interesting to see how Enzo gets on 

I’m predicting he won’t be at Chelsea at the start of the 25/26 season as he’ll need to break the top four and I don’t think that will happen but I don’t blame him for taking the chance 

6 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Cambiasso 'took control' 😂 biggest myth in this clubs history

Why any Leicester would even say that is beyond my comprehension and I can comprehend most things 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Unabomber said:

Why any Leicester would even say that is beyond my comprehension and I can comprehend most things 

Yet, not punctuation it seems. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

Very good news. He wouldn't have lasted the season and £10m in the bank. 

He could do well at Chelsea with that team but remember it took a couple of seasons for Arteta and Pep to get going. He won't be afforded that time.

I'm delighted we might now get a manager who will give us a chance of staying up with a points deduction.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Sacked by Christmas if my prediction. They clearly want a yes man, and no way will they listen to a bloke who was Pep’s assistant for a year and managed in the championship for a year.

They said it could take 3-4 managers for Chelsea to realise the error of their ways. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

At least we'll have time to appoint a new manager who can decide on the the futures of Vestergaard, Ndidi and Vardy etc. before their contracts expire.

It would have been a disaster if we re-sign the above on Enzo's instructions, only for him to piss off to Chelsea in July and for them all to be surplus to the new manager's requirements.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 3

Just now, trooky said:

At least we'll have time to appoint a new manager who can decide on the the futures of Vestergaard, Ndidi and Vardy etc. before their contracts expire.

It would have been a disaster if we re-sign the above on Enzo's instructions, only for him to piss off to Chelsea in July and for them all to be surplus to the new manager's requirements.

Take a seat, I have news..….

34 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Leaving after less than 12 months is not respecting the badge in any way. It’s a lack of respect and loyalty for the club that has given you a fabulous opportunity. He’s had a great season but if he leaves this quickly having remodelled LCFC as part of a supposed long term project he talked about then he goes in the same bin as McGhee and Megson! 

That’s fine mate. Not for me though. I mean it’s not Sevilla he is walking out on us on. Or Brighton. It’s Chelsea. I don’t think Enzo would’ve envisaged that a week ago. 

It’s well documented the club lied to him on the financial position. He professionally did his job. Thank you and goodbye. 

• Like 1

Good, i am happy he gone and we get 10 mil(?) for that.

We won the league but lost 11 games in championship with this squad and he has no game plan except the one, which is terrible and boring.

After 10 games in prem we would have been in last 3 for sure.

Bye

16 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Might be something in this. How well would he have done with us next year without the same relative gulf in resources we had last season?

He was so anti changing anything, and losing 11 times but stilling winning the league must be unheard of.

Taking the £10m might not be a bad outcome if we need to raise £35m wasn’t it? Just going on reported what we were going to demand for KDH.

Nah I think Sunderland won the league with 12 losses.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Sacked by Christmas if my prediction. They clearly want a yes man, and no way will they listen to a bloke who was Pep’s assistant for a year and managed in the championship for a year.

That long ? I predict that he'll be sacked following a bad run of results in pre-season.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Most basic? Nonsense. Championship is a grind. Go tell Farke it’s the most basic of jobs. 

Any of the Top 6 managers win the league if they had our squad. 

I'm disappointed, but I think a lot of my frustration is simply that this disrupts us at a time that I'd prefer we could focus solely on signings given how shambolic we can sometimes be in the transfer window. 

Plus, I was hoping Maresca would be able to put some pressure on Rudkin's role at the club in some capacity, and I presume that will end with his departure.

At the end of the day I would have been very happy to see him stay, but I'm not heartbroken by him leaving either - a bit sad, especially given the camaraderie he seemed to instil in the squad but I'm more just concerned about the next appointment. This is a huge appointment given our situation and it needs to be the right man for what is clearly going to be a very tough season. 

I'd have preferred him to stay, but here's hoping we don't balls up the next appointment.

• Like 1