Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

58 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

At least 5 - ouch. Whoever arrives better have a substantial retinue!

Only if they need a substantial retinue!

They sure wouldn't need someone else's.

Just now, J. James said:

Only if they need a substantial retinue!

They sure wouldn't need someone else's.

5+ is a big number of coaches and backroom staff to lose is all.

4 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Fully admit I didn't see the Chelsea job coming but the writing was on the wall after his outburst regarding FFP ( which was totally understandable )

I wonder if the slump was related to this? I felt like his body language looked like someone that didn't want to be here at times. It definitely didn't start off like that, but yeah the FFP and Sensi situations clearly riled him up. 

• Like 3

Absolutely no way will he survive that ruthless board for 5 years.

It's strange, because despite winning the league, I'm almost more excited for the coming season knowing someone else will be in charge.

Grass often isn't greener, but I lost excitement going to games with his football.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Absolutely no way will he survive that ruthless board for 5 years.

It's strange, because despite winning the league, I'm almost more excited for the coming season knowing someone else will be in charge.

Grass often isn't greener, but I lost excitement going to games with his football.

You must have lost excitement for the last 5 years then as it was no worse than Puel and Rodgers football

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Danizen said:

I like Maresca but I won't miss him. Especially if we get a more pragmatic manager in.

Pochettino to Enzo is a massive downgrade though. 

Didn't realise until the other day how much he'd improved Chelsea last season. 

Screenshot_20240529_123052_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Didn't realise until the other day how much he'd improved Chelsea last season. 

Screenshot_20240529_123052_Chrome.jpg

Chelsea without Palmer would have been utter dogshit last season. May aswell have made Palmer manager.

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

You must have lost excitement for the last 5 years then as it was no worse than Puel and Rodgers football

I agree, the excitement levels were proper low. 

Nice to win the League, the cup etc, but nobody can say the football has been exciting. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I wonder if the slump was related to this? I felt like his body language looked like someone that didn't want to be here at times. It definitely didn't start off like that, but yeah the FFP and Sensi situations clearly riled him up. 

That first press conference after the Sensi deal fell through was very telling and the body language shifted following that.

Which (other than the riches etc) why Chelsea interests me, as everyone who follows the game knows what you are going to get. He heard the ground boo Poch when they were beating us, and he knows they are just going to buy what they want and make demands on team selection. Already been statements on twitter about Chelsea not looking for someone to make transfer decisions etc. He won't be allowed to persist with his Plan A and then whinge that he isn't getting the singing they want.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Bet Sensi is glad he was messed around for 24 hours in Leicester rather than signing and Enzo leaving at the first chance. 

Thats always been a lucky escape for us

• Like 2