Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

For almost all players and managers their time at any club is a job  They will usually give their all and celebrate and shed tears when required but in reality their emotions are completely different to us fans who would never ever follow another team. 
So thank you Enzo and your team for getting us back in the Premier League and all the best in your career. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a curious one, there's an article today that said he was already trying to bring in a set piece coach at Leicester for when we were in the PL. The development coach (Roberto Vitiello) is who was supposed to be coming in as assistant manager last summer to us, who he had with him at Parma but think there were issues with his visa. That role is interesting, possibly something he was alluding to in what needed to change at Leicester too.

I don't feel confident that the Leicester board will be able to recruit any backroom staff for the roles Enzo had and was going to bring in. Feel that the board will just leave it for the next manager to bring in. 

I just hope we have a forward thinking manager who will have a great team of staff around him 🤞

3 hours ago, adejo92 said:

When this ends badly (Which it will), it will be interesting to see how Enzo rebuilds his management career. I understand it was probably an offer too good to turn down, but perhaps too much of a rushed progression.

Maybe the bhoys when another football - knowledge light prem owner waves £££'s at the Elite one and he again rats them out.

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Let's face it....are any of us really that bothered? Finally be able to attack and not play an inverted full back....what's not to like?

You’re not allowed to say such things! I got told off good and proper for saying similar…..

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It is pretty mental when you weigh up some of the fees we've taken in for players...

Maguire £80mil

Fofana £70mil

Mahrez £60mil

Chilwell £50mil

Maddison £40mil

Barnes £40mil

Drinkwater £35mil

Kante £30mil

Sure there are others I've missed. How can you do all of that and end up in this sort of financial situation. ****ing unbelievable.

Plainly you've never met my ex wife... 😕

5 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Let's face it....are any of us really that bothered? Finally be able to attack and not play an inverted full back....what's not to like?

Yes had we have attacked teams we might have even finished top of the league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

The managerial replacements thread answers those. Yes and plenty, it appears.

8 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

It is pretty mental when you weigh up some of the fees we've taken in for players...

Maguire £80mil

Fofana £70mil

Mahrez £60mil

Chilwell £50mil

Maddison £40mil

Barnes £40mil

Drinkwater £35mil

Kante £30mil

Sure there are others I've missed. How can you do all of that and end up in this sort of financial situation. ****ing unbelievable.

Because we've bought the following players and received no fee for them.

Ndidi - 18m

Ihenacho 29m

Perez - 30M

Soyunchu - 20M

Slimani - 30M

Adrian Silva - 22M

Kapuska - 7M

Tielemans - 40M

Benkovic - 10M

Praet - 17M

Vestergaard - 20M

All of these players we never got a single penny for in re sell value then add all the wages on top, ive probably missed more players as well.

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Maguire £80mil

Fofana £70mil

Mahrez £60mil

Chilwell £50mil

Maddison £40mil

Barnes £40mil

Drinkwater £35mil

Kante £30mil

How many wank signings with money lost though,

nearly 70m in one season on Daka, Soumare, and Vestagard.

nearly 100m

Youri, Perez, praet.

50m

Soyuncu, Benkovic, Ward.

13 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Maguire £80mil

Fofana £70mil

Mahrez £60mil

Chilwell £50mil

Maddison £40mil

Barnes £40mil

Drinkwater £35mil

Kante £30mil

15 mill for musa, 10mill  for schlupp

57 minutes ago, one F in Fox said:

Can’t say I’m that sorry to see him go tbh 🤷🏼‍♂️

For them he’s a huge huge manager.

For us he’s just another manager.

He’s going to get eaten alive with shit like this coming out of his mouth over there. He got away with it because he was taking on Leeds - but there’s no way some of the London derbies aren’t going to **** him up when he no doubt tries this crap again 

Well it’s all done - **** him - thanks for the memories and on we go - we are Leicester- bigger than any individual- up the foxes - long live the king 

Genuinely haven’t got a bad word to say about him. Came in, did the job asked of him. Was obviously kept in the dark on some things and that irked him. He would have jumped at Chelsea no matter what though. 

Think he will do well initially and get the players on board, as he did with ours. Can see him finishing 4th this season, but may struggle long-term and fans will soon tire of the style and turn on him.

See ya Enzo! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Maguire £80mil

Fofana £70mil

Mahrez £60mil

Chilwell £50mil

Maddison £40mil

Barnes £40mil

Drinkwater £35mil

Kante £30mil

Our wage bill has what has crippled us in reality. Our finances have always been on a knife’s edge and we haven’t had the luxury of not selling a player to keep us afloat. Our wage bill to turnover has been high since 17/18.

When you’re paying the likes of Amartey, Soumare, Ndidi, Ricardo, Vardy, Praet, Albrighton, Iheanacho, Evans, Bertrand, Maddison, Tielemans and Perez over £75k per week, then turning out some of the performances we did last season, it’s criminal that we went down. We just massively overplayed to certain players to chase the dream. Let’s not mention whatever we are paying the 5 goalkeepers we have! 

Then we’ve overpaid for acquisitions in reality that we’ve never fitted the system at the time like Souttar, Kristensen, Tete, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Castagne, Under, Silva, Slimani.

The squad has always had a look of being unbalanced in my opinion. A club of our financial standing can’t afford the luxury of having Ricardo, Justin and Castagne. I know we’ve had injuries, however we should have covered with “cheaper backups”. This season, we’ve had four striker options for a system that utilises one. Again, we shouldn’t be doing that. We basically paid for Cannon then hardly used him.  

Then bizarre decisions like sending Perez and Albrighton on loan when they’d have aided the fight for survival as well will always baffle me. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Maguire £80mil

Fofana £70mil

Mahrez £60mil

Chilwell £50mil

Maddison £40mil

Barnes £40mil

Drinkwater £35mil

Kante £30mil

What is undeniably worse is that the protagonists behind it all are all still in place.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Maguire £80mil

Fofana £70mil

Mahrez £60mil

Chilwell £50mil

Maddison £40mil

Barnes £40mil

Drinkwater £35mil

Kante £30mil

How can you…? Well having the footballing equivalent of Mr Bean overseeing recruitment and negotiations is a start 

• Haha 1