Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

You make a good point about the inverted right back. It's yet another example of why the bullshit philosophy don't work. It was supposed to give more protection to us in the transition. 

It made it so easy for the likes of even Millwall and Plymouth to defend against the Wingers too because there was no overlapping wing back. 

Give me a Klopp type gegenpress anyday. Even he started to try the inverted bullshit in the end to accommodate TAA's lack of defensive ability and the Liverpool fans were slating it. 

You say this like overlapping fullbacks don't leave gaps and issues when playing deep block (or any system really). How did that other system work out for us last season?  Liverpool's system puts huge demands on players, and the last 2 seasons master Klopp has been well outside the top 2, and they have spent big on players.

Its not bullshit, its just not the one you prefer. I sat in H1 a few weeks ago and with Ricardo play the role brilliantly against a Norwich who were top of the form table, and most on here tipped to take points off us. When done well, it works a charm. Against deep block it does expose a gap, but all teams playing deep block find they expose gaps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Has he gone yet?

Impatient aren't we. You should be used to the long drawn out way our board operates by now.

Give it another week or two yet.

• Haha 1

Remember people were concerned of the quietness at the club, but then Ranieri appeared out of nowhere..

Seriously, reckon it's either Cooper or Potter.

Just now, Wymsey said:

Remember people were concerned of the quietness at the club, but then Ranieri appeared out of nowhere..

For the sake of my sanity, please stop.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Does cooper live in Wymeswold? lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

All these years and it’s @Wymsey who is the true ITK

Spend enough time in the Nottinghamshire/Leicestershire border villages and you find out all the ****ing secrets lol 

• Haha 2

Just now, Corky said:

Some of the spite towards him is odd.

I know, its not like he's ****ing off to Brighton. He's literally going to a team that won the champions league 2-3 seasons ago and have a unlimited budget. 

1 minute ago, richardsfoxes said:

I know, its not like he's ****ing off to Brighton. He's literally going to a team that won the champions league 2-3 seasons ago and have a unlimited budget. 

More that it appears he was sent in to personally offend people and ruin their afternoons for nine months.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Some of the spite towards him is odd.

Hardly read the thread but I'd be surprised if there's spite. 

Most are ambivalent right? Or maybe even slightly pleased. 

It's the first - maybe only - managerial change I've known following City where it suits all parties. He's done well and so have we.