Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

I too clicked on the BBC article but try and avoid all his social stuff. He really annoys me. Got on my wick that he went to the Preston game when i couldn't get tickets.

That vlog killed me too, why’d it look like he’d never been to a football game before?

I rarely read Balague stuff these days because I know he always has his own personal narrative to pursue. And we all know he is a big mate of Enzo.

Did he by any chance mention in the article that Maresca oversaw seven defeats in our last 14 games? You know, just as a counterbalance to all the arse licking?

No? Thought not.

• Like 3

Just now, Hammo said:

I rarely read Balague stuff these days because I know he always has his own personal narrative to pursue. And we all know he is a big mate of Enzo.

Did he by any chance mention in the article that Maresca oversaw seven defeats in our last 14 games? You know, just as a counterbalance to all the arse licking?

No? Thought not.

The late stage collapse is covered, yeah. But doesn’t shed any light. Suggests the chances created were as good as ever and it was just bad luck and iffy finishing to blame. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisFilter said:

The late stage collapse is covered, yeah. But doesn’t shed any light. Suggests the chances created were as good as ever and it was just bad luck and iffy finishing to blame. 

Which is exactly what you would write if you are trying to defend your mate the manager and avoid apportioning any blame in his direction.

• Like 1

I used to really rate Balague, but it does seem he's become a spokesman for Enzo. It all suggests Enzo is trying to get out with his reputation in tact. At least that's how it looks to me. There's no real reason for Balague to be so emotive, otherwise.

• Like 4

Worrying that our chairman just wants this, like a child who knows nothing. Our successes over the past 10 years have not come in this fashion, and this style has hardly gone down well not that he'd know as must have only attended 5-10% of games this season.

Chairman Srivaddhanaprabha said he wanted the team to play like Manchester City.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Worrying that our chairman just wants this, like a child who knows nothing. Our successes over the past 10 years have not come in this fashion, and this style has hardly gone down well not that he'd know as must have only attended 5-10% of games this season.

True but it's not ten years ago either

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Really wish Balague would go and do one. The timing of this article is absurd. Not even allowed the dust to settle. 

For me he's becoming a big problem. Either today's article has been orchestrated with Maresca, in which case questions need to be raised as to why Maresca is playing this out in public, or Balague has seen an opportunity to spout a load of half truths to stir the pot whilst Maresca is away on a jolly with the boss. Whichever way it is, Balague needs to be reined in because we can't be allowing this sort of nonsense to destabilise what is already a fragile club. 

He's clearly not written it without Enzos blessing. This is the way managers or players communicate indirectly. Enzo is making his position clear 

• Like 1

Enzo is close to GB , he insisted that GB did the interview that went out on the club channels and website last August, look it up, their friendship is clear 

Enzo isn't stupid his stock is High and LCFC isn't getting better any time soon 

Huge contract or I'm off 

Rodgers made the same play 

3 minutes ago, the draper said:

Enzo is close to GB , he insisted that GB did the interview that went out on the club channels and website last August, look it up, their friendship is clear 

Enzo isn't stupid his stock is High and LCFC isn't getting better any time soon 

Huge contract or I'm off 

Rodgers made the same play 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3614854/maresca-x-balague-the-leicester-city-managers-football-journey?lang=en

European Cup winners ?? The three European Cup winners looking for managers this summer are Bayern, Liverpool and ****ing Barca. No chance. 

For ****s sake, Sevilla see him as a potential cheap option and that’s about it. 

Don’t believe the hype this time, please. 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

European Cup winners ?? The three European Cup winners looking for managers this summer are Bayern, Liverpool and ****ing Barca. No chance. 

For ****s sake, Sevilla see him as a potential cheap option and that’s about it. 

Don’t believe the hype this time, please. 

It's ajax 

And they have been chasing Enzo since Xmas 

• Haha 1

I could see him moving on, it's strange because for a manager whos just got us promoted I should feel anxious with him being touted for other jobs but I just feel a bit meh, not to say I want him to leave but would be interesting to see who we would go for next 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, copunk said:

I could see him moving on, it's strange because for a manager whos just got us promoted I should feel anxious with him being touted for other jobs but I just feel a bit meh, not to say I want him to leave but would be interesting to see who we would go for next 

More churn and another similar manager who will want different things. Sounds like a recipe for success.

37 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

So apparently both Ajax and Sevilla are chasing Enzo. One good season as a manager. Utter nonsense. Does he have the same agent as Rodgers? Hope Top has learnt don’t give him mega new contract. 

Sadly we have to pay him 

Or have a disgruntled manager for start of season and we get relegated 

That's modern football 

Enzo ball at Ajax would end in tears. Firstly, they're currently a complete mess, secondly they play in a league where they'd be playing against far inferior opponents week after week, parking the bus. And we know how good Enzo is at playing through a parked bus.

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

Enzo ball at Ajax would end in tears. Firstly, they're currently a complete mess, secondly they play in a league where they'd be playing against far inferior opponents week after week, parking the bus. And we know how good Enzo is at playing through a parked bus.

No disrespect but if he goes to Ajax it sums up the level of his ambition.

Anyway either way hopefully we can bring in someone equally as good if not better.

If I was Enzo and I read this forum for what seems as an accurate fans opinion, I`d get out sharpish.

Approx a quarter of our fans wanted him out in a recent poll and even in this thread, most seem to not give a toss if he went.

Its a shame so many underestimate his achievement. All I seem to read is we had the best squad blah blah blah but no one talks about how he trained players into a new system and players who looked finished like Vestegaard, Hamza, Praet, Daka and even Vards to a lesser extent contributed. All our best players left like Barnes and Madders, loads more are running down their contracts and we were relegated with confidence low. However,. cracking signings like Fatawu, Winks, Mads and Mavididi, creating a system that was so successful we won the league despite off the pitch drama and despite "big" clubs around us. we were the best of the bunch.

I want him to stay but If he reads places like this he will know most dont fancy his style or decisions and a couple of losses at the start of the season and the entitled among our fan base will be calling for his head.

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If Enzo wants to go , please don’t stand in his way, don’t want another Rodgers situation where he stinks up the club.

He has a lot of similarities to Rodgers, more likeable, but still a lot of similar traits.Both love themselves and spout drivel about tactics at times

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1