Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

8 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Why would he want to go anywhere else at the moment when he is on the threshold of his biggest challenge as a coach?

I don’t believe it but his stock would rise considerably if he did well at Ajax or Sevilla. Those jobs will be easier than trying to keep us up. He wouldn’t want a relegation on his cv much what is likely to happen to Kompany. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I don’t believe it but his stock would rise considerably if he did well at Ajax or Sevilla. Those jobs will be easier than trying to keep us up. He wouldn’t want a relegation on his cv much what is likely to happen to Kompany. 

Bingo 

Risk management and future proofing his career will mean he has to leave 

Unless Top pays him millions to stay 

And looking at the  GB piece Top seems clueless so don't rule out a £7.5m  5 years long  upgrade 

25 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Why would he want to go anywhere else at the moment when he is on the threshold of his biggest challenge as a coach?

Cos we have no money and relegation would sink his career for years 

Look at Kompany, he could have got a decent job last summer now he won't 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, the draper said:

Kompany hasn't done a bad job at all at Burnley in the prem. They still have the chance of survival with two games to go. 

He would get the Ajax or Sevilla job. 

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

Kompany hasn't done a bad job at all at Burnley in the prem. They still have the chance of survival with two games to go. 

He would get the Ajax or Sevilla job. 

Hasn't done a bad job? They have 24 points from 36 games. I don't care whether they can mathematically stay up or not, even 2 wins only gets them 30 points for the full season. That is an utter disgrace.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don't like this one bit

It looks like his departure is being hinted at and the rumours will only gather pace

The club won't see it coming of course

We'll probably start the season with Potter or Rosenior in charge

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ChrisFilter said:

Very clearly Enzo talking through GB. He’s very much available for hire it seems. 

Can’t blame him if he’s been lied to. But he seems very matey with Top so 🤷‍♂️ 

A clubs finances will always be dynamic to a certain extent because there are problems that can unexpectedly arise. However, FFP could hardly have been unexpected unless the club are extremely thick 🤔.

Having said that, with the playing staff that Enzo inherited coupled with the new signings and loans before the start of the season, he did bloody well as far as I'm concerned compared to most other Championship sides! Can't see any broken promises here?

As for January, it's a notoriously problematic market anyway and sometimes you just have to accept you can't have everything you want. He had absolutely ample to work with and the Sensi deal only broke down due to the selling club shenanigans so no point in whining about it. He had plenty to work with. 

I'm sure he'll know what there is or isn't to spend before next season and if he isn't happy then just resign. It is what it is and what we don't want is another Rodgers bellyaching and blaming any bad results on anyone else but himself. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, the draper said:

No, because Kompany was extremely poor that's why! He spent over £100m and stubbornly stuck to a 'philosophy' that his players couldn't play. Absolutely no attempt to adapt. 

IF Enzo stays, is given no money and there's a huge points deduction then no right minded club will judge him too harshly. On the contrary, if he was to make a half decent fist of it and only narrowly get relegated then there would be plenty who would see that as a positive. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

4 hours ago, the draper said:

Sadly we have to pay him 

Or have a disgruntled manager for start of season and we get relegated 

That's modern football 

Cheers Rudders. Didn't realise the only options were overpay people or get relegated lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Patrick said:

There's an interesting new Balague piece on the BBC Sport site. Once again expresses his anger over the financial situation, makes it clear he has no intention of changing his style of play for the PL and needs squad changes to avoid the issues Burnley have faced this season. Also says there are offers from 'European Cup winners' as well as interest from other English clubs. Doesn't see himself having a long management career so every decision must be 'calculated with care'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4n1v47jl42o

I wish i had my own personal ChatGPT writer with access to the biggest media organisations.

I seriously don’t think he’d take the Sevilla job.  Sevilla isn’t the type of team he would take over being in the Prem. On the other hand Ajax is considered by Italians in general as a top European team (even if it hasn’t accomplished much in recent decades).  It has mythical status.  Italians remember well Ajax and Cruyff, and loved that team.  I suspect if Ajax came for him he’ll take it.  I doubt anything else. 

I’m not against him leaving this summer. I think he’s a solid enough coach but his style of play with the talent level on the team would spell trouble for us next season. 

I really don’t think he is looking at the exit door, I think this is posturing, there is definitely some issues which Enzo wants to thrash out and it looks to me like he is pushing for certain other areas of the club to improve and be challenged, i don’t think it’s a case of holding a gun to Tops head but you need some leverage. 

Enzo is now a premier league manager, the squad on the whole seem to love him, and the club has some positive momentum, if we can recruit smartly there is no reason we can’t have a decent season and his stock rise even more. People keep comparing us to Burnley, we aren’t Burnley and there is no reason we can’t come back up and do a Fulham or Bournemouth etc etc 

What Enzo has built so far will be very difficult to walk away from, there seems a real togetherness amongst the playing and coaching staff, but for the club to truly move forward then this needs to be replicated in every department, Enzo seems to have very high exacting standards and expectations, if he can use some leverage to force positive change this summer then I am all for it. I may be wrong but I am 99.99% sure Enzo will be our Manager next season. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I really don’t think he is looking at the exit door, I think this is posturing, there is definitely some issues which Enzo wants to thrash out and it looks to me like he is pushing for certain other areas of the club to improve and be challenged, i don’t think it’s a case of holding a gun to Tops head but you need some leverage. 

Enzo is now a premier league manager, the squad on the whole seem to love him, and the club has some positive momentum, if we can recruit smartly there is no reason we can’t have a decent season and his stock rise even more. People keep comparing us to Burnley, we aren’t Burnley and there is no reason we can’t come back up and do a Fulham or Bournemouth etc etc 

What Enzo has built so far will be very difficult to walk away from, there seems a real togetherness amongst the playing and coaching staff, but for the club to truly move forward then this needs to be replicated in every department, Enzo seems to have very high exacting standards and expectations, if he can use some leverage to force positive change this summer then I am all for it. I may be wrong but I am 99.99% sure Enzo will be our Manager next season. 

Time will tell 

11 hours ago, Analysethis said:

If I was Enzo and I read this forum for what seems as an accurate fans opinion, I`d get out sharpish.

Approx a quarter of our fans wanted him out in a recent poll and even in this thread, most seem to not give a toss if he went.

Its a shame so many underestimate his achievement. All I seem to read is we had the best squad blah blah blah but no one talks about how he trained players into a new system and players who looked finished like Vestegaard, Hamza, Praet, Daka and even Vards to a lesser extent contributed. All our best players left like Barnes and Madders, loads more are running down their contracts and we were relegated with confidence low. However,. cracking signings like Fatawu, Winks, Mads and Mavididi, creating a system that was so successful we won the league despite off the pitch drama and despite "big" clubs around us. we were the best of the bunch.

I want him to stay but If he reads places like this he will know most dont fancy his style or decisions and a couple of losses at the start of the season and the entitled among our fan base will be calling for his head.

You make some very sound points in his defence… but your first and last paragraphs are risible.

Wherever Maresca plies his trade, he is going to be subject to criticism from some of the fan base because of his tactical inflexibility and often tedious possession-based strategy. It ain’t for everyone and he should know this.

That has nothing to do with fans being ‘entitled’ (yawn).

And if he is so touchy that he can’t handle any criticism, even constructive criticism, and uses that as a pretext for wanting to leave, then I would see that as a major character flaw on his part that will hinder him in his future career. You need thick skin to be a successful manager. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Patrick said:

There's an interesting new Balague piece on the BBC Sport site. Once again expresses his anger over the financial situation, makes it clear he has no intention of changing his style of play for the PL and needs squad changes to avoid the issues Burnley have faced this season. Also says there are offers from 'European Cup winners' as well as interest from other English clubs. Doesn't see himself having a long management career so every decision must be 'calculated with care'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c4n1v47jl42o

I can understand him being upset if the board lied about our PSR issues and the Sensi deal falling through but I don't understand his gripe with the club over Casadei?

It's always been reported that Chelsea recalled him, unless this isn't the case and we sent him back for PSR reasons.

I hope he stays but would understand if he walks because he's had enough shit from supporters in a successful season.

He's on a hiding to nothing next season at Leicester, because nothing he does is not good enough for a large part of the fanbase.

Edited by trooky
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, trooky said:

I can understand him being upset if the board lied about our PSR issues and the Sensi deal falling through but I don't understand his gripe with the club over Casadei?

It's always been reported that Chelsea recalled him, unless this isn't the case and we sent him back for PSR reasons.

I hope he stays but would understand if he walks because he's had enough shit from supporters in a successful season.

He's on a hiding to nothing next season at Leicester, because nothing he does is not good enough for a large part of the fanbase.

I think the same information is being regurgitated now. Hopefully the last 'article' has been written about by Guillaume and they get on sorting out issues and planning ahead. There is a lot to sort.

I agree with you about him being in a hiding to nothing. I still think there are a large % of fans who think without points deductions we should slot straight back into top 8. Bottom 3rd clubs lose a lot of games in the Prem (just look at the form guides) and we have just become accustomed to winning a large % of games. Lose 3 on the bounce, everyone will be sharpening their claws demanding the next Sean Dyche.

Posted (edited)

Enzo isn't good enough to keep a poor side in the EPL. That takes a certain type on manager who can firm up defence and scratch out a win in enough games, usually ugly, to survive. That is your former Allardyce, presently Sean Dyche kind of manager. He has already shown he is a petulant emotional type, ready to start lobbing teddy bears if the mood takes him. There is no plan B for all eventualities, its the Rodgers managerial book of Plan A with a few personnel changes during the game to pursue Plan A with fresh faces. Relegation is pretty much a certainty with Enzo style which in the EPL will be pass the ball around until the opposition nicks it. 

I'd rather get the likes of Moyes in to firm up the defensive 9 that will be needed next season.

Edited by Bazly
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I think the same information is being regurgitated now. Hopefully the last 'article' has been written about by Guillaume and they get on sorting out issues and planning ahead. There is a lot to sort.

I agree with you about him being in a hiding to nothing. I still think there are a large % of fans who think without points deductions we should slot straight back into top 8. Bottom 3rd clubs lose a lot of games in the Prem (just look at the form guides) and we have just become accustomed to winning a large % of games. Lose 3 on the bounce, everyone will be sharpening their claws demanding the next Sean Dyche.

And the very next post...

Didn't even have to wait for three losses on the bounce.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Enzo isn't good enough to keep a poor side in the EPL. That takes a certain type on manager who can firm up defence and scratch out a win in enough games, usually ugly, to survive. That is you former Allardyce, presently Sean Dyche kind of manager. He has already shown he is a petulant emotional type, ready to start lobbing teddy bears if the mood takes him. There is no plan B for all eventualities, its the Rodgers managerial book of Plan A with a few personnel changes during the game to pursue Plan A with fresh faces. Relegation is pretty much a certainty with Enzo style which in the EPL will be pass the ball around until the opposition nicks it. 

I'd rather get the likes of Moyes in to firm up the defensive 9 that will be needed next season.

You know we have the best defence in the Championship right? Have won the most games, and scored the second most goals. (These being the only meaningful metrics we currently have)

This isn`t fan boy nonsense, these are facts and the only relevant data we have for Enzo and his ability to setup a defence or attack, so  :dunno:

• Like 2