Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think a fair few are thinking that the squad he’s going to have next season playing the way he wants to play is not likely to work out well. 
if he was able to recruit the technical level of players required then he’d be more than fine. Infact, without a points deduction I’d be inclined to see a top half finish 

but we know we can’t spend to do that and the chances of managing it on frees and unknowns is slim at best. 

his stock is high now

if Chelsea are really interested then he’d be nuts to stay here in preference to having their squad for his tactical plans. 

Spot on..

Nothing against the bloke, and appreciate and respect all he has done so far in the short period he's been here..

But... I fear he will stick to his philosophy even more next season and IMO we will end up doing a Burnley.

9 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Enzo is extremely driven and has a very clear vision of what we need to do to re-establish ourselves in the PL. There’s no guarantee we would get that with a different manager. I’m surprised so many people seem so blasé about the prospect of him leaving. 

By the same token there's no guarantee we'll get it with Enzo this season as well.

We are going back up with a shed load of baggage in the form of very limited budget, recently out of contract players that needed replacing and potential points deductions. 

I wouldn't blame him if he went to Chelsea where the team available to him and financial situation is polar opposite to ours.

Ok, What would you do if offered the resources to complete, with a better quality of squad to mold into your idea, and a form of European football next season.  Stay at Leicester?

Oh I forgot, and potentially a salary increase as well.

6 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

By the same token there's no guarantee we'll get it with Enzo this season as well.

We are going back up with a shed load of baggage in the form of very limited budget, recently out of contract players that needed replacing and potential points deductions. 

I wouldn't blame him if he went to Chelsea where the team available to him and financial situation is polar opposite to ours.

Ok, What would you do if offered the resources to complete, with a better quality of squad to mold into your idea, and a form of European football next season.  Stay at Leicester?

Chelsea is a basket case. They have an owner who has zero understanding of football but who nonetheless wants to control transfers. They’ve just got rid of a manager who has finally started to turn things around after a tricky start. They are incredibly impatient and make daft decisions. I’d imagine there are plenty of managers who wouldn’t fancy that no matter how good the salary was.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Guppys Love Child said:

No style guarantees we will survive, as pointed out by @ClaphamFox this season has seen that demonstrated very well.

Would not criticise him going to Chelsea, but it would feel like a "cop out", he would be going to a club to continue someone else's work, a caretaker in an inevitably short term role. There is no doubt he would do his reputation no harm by going there, as it would surely improve from the very fact he was at Chelsea. The romantic in me wants to believe he wants to create something here, to build a team and not just return to the pump again and again to purchase ever greater chances of success. 

Seems highly unlikely he has much of a chance anyway!

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It's not like we've been a much better run club the last few years. I could see Enzo being tempted if Chelsea make an approach.

Not sure why any young manager  would want to work for a billionaire owner playing real life football manager who's spent a billion to make his team worse.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Enzo is extremely driven and has a very clear vision of what we need to do to re-establish ourselves in the PL. There’s no guarantee we would get that with a different manager. I’m surprised so many people seem so blasé about the prospect of him leaving. 

Honestly I'd hate for him to leave, I think he's building something great here. 

But at the same time we've seen what happens when a manager has options and gets more power at the club. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly I'd hate for him to leave, I think he's building something great here. 

But at the same time we've seen what happens when a manager has options and gets more power at the club. 

Top is a young chairman. I suspect he will have learnt from the Rodgers debacle and avoid making such a mistake in the future. Certainly, you'd have to assume that tying a manager down to a mega contract with an insane termination clause is an error we won't be repeating any time soon.

I wouldn't begrudge him if he left for Chelsea. We're broke and are going to get a points deduction, whilst Chelsea have seemingly unending resources. On top of that, getting sacked by Chelsea hasn't harmed anybody's career.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, teblin said:

I’d see Brighton and more of a potential move for him than Chelsea realistically.

Depends how bad our financial situation is really. 

If the worst is behind us and the club is recovering, I'd really hope after a season back in the Prem then quite frankly Brighton would be a sideways move at best. 

Of course the worst could be yet to come in which case who really cares? We can all look forward to the Netflix docuseries when we're in League Two. At least Neil Warnock will make for good TV when he's out of retirement for the eighth season running to finally manage us after a thousand near misses. 

Edited by Finnegan

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Depends how bad our financial situation is really. 

If the worst is behind us and the club is recovering, I'd really hope after a season back in the Prem then quite frankly Brighton would be a sideways move at best. 

Has to be said we're more likely to be fighting against relegation this coming season, particularly if players like KDH, JV and Kelechi are no longer here. Can't blame Enzo if he wants to avoid a scrappy relegation battle, although that could happen at several clubs I suppose.

7 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Has to be said we're more likely to be fighting against relegation this coming season, particularly if players like KDH, JV and Kelechi are no longer here. Can't blame Enzo if he wants to avoid a scrappy relegation battle, although that could happen at several clubs I suppose.

Like I said, the worst could be yet to come. 

Until everyone gets back from holiday and we see the earliest signs of transfer activity we really have no idea. 

We could get a statement from Enzo, Top or Kieran himself saying KDH isn't for sale followed by us making a "statement" signing for ~£15m. Then we're all going to take a big, deep breath and relax. 

Or our first bit of business could be selling KDH for well below his value followed by signing some donkey from the Russian league on a free transfer and we're all going to bend over and clutch our ankles with a sigh. 

• Like 1

I like Enzo and ideally we'd be better off with him staying but I can't say I'd be overly upset if he went. He's not quite got that relationship with the fanbase yet and the Chelsea job would be too big to turn down. If it happened though I'd want it to be soon so we can get on with appointing the next manager

3 hours ago, trooky said:

Not sure why any young manager  would want to work for a billionaire owner playing real life football manager who's spent a billion to make his team worse.

Exactly, when he could work for a billionaire owner who has spent over half a billion making his team worse.

But we all know Top and Rudkin are now going to offer him a 10yr contract on £20m a year.

I bet Tops called Rudkin and told him to get it done today.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1