Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

The delight some people have that we might lose a young manager that won us the league with 97 points in his first full year in senior management genuinely boils my piss. 

Make me a bit sad as the same malcontents will be bitching at the change when we are perceived to be under performing in their eyes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The delight some people have that we might lose a young manager that won us the league with 97 points in his first full year in senior management genuinely boils my piss. 

100%. It's astonishing, isn't it?

• Like 2

All the talk since last night is about Chelsea wanting a young manager who is obsessed with possession. 

De Zerbi atm is considered unlikely. Hoeness could be a difficult deal to do. Frank doesn’t really fit the obsessed with possession mould. 

Therefore it would be no surprise if Chelsea actually turn to Maresca or McKenna, they both fit the bill. 

And if he does depart, we’ll try for Potter, fail again and end up with someone like Bruno Lage. 

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

100%. It's astonishing, isn't it?

Given that rejoicing in ones own stupidity is very on brand for 2024, I wouldn't say it astonishes me. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

Anyone would be making a huge mistake to take the Chelsea job as they have clown owners who don't give their managers time.

That said if you want to get paid for a few years after they sack you, it seems like a good retirement plan lol

He has shown this season alone that he is an excellent coach. Parts of his management skills need work but he is 44 and that’s pretty much understandable. As a coach though, stuff he has done with some of our players has been excellent. 

The risk for us is that we are losing someone very highly regarded in the dressing room. But it’s Chelsea and if it’s genuine interest, you can’t begrudge him going. For a young manager and the way they operate, I don’t think it’s the right move but it’s understandable why he would go. 

If it is an exit, it has to be quick for us. Very important summer coming.

• Like 1

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Going for a manager that’s only managed in the championship? 

Clearly got a lot about him though hasn't he? 

36 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I want him to stay, but yet I wouldn’t be too disappointed if he did leave

As if it wasn’t already going to be a chaotic summer but now potentially needing to sort out a new manager and staff as well ffs

This is precisely why it would be bad for him to go. 

The club has already had 2 very turbulent years, has tons to do this summer + the uncertainty of deductions and what finances allow or don't allow. Add on to that a managerial change is not good. Plus, every managerial change is a chance for Rudkin/Top to get it wrong. 

• Like 1

That's an uncanny shout. 

Would be extremely Claude Puel. 

Exactly Finners. 

It’s the type of route we’ve been down before. 

If Maresca goes, my instant thought goes to the board wanting a manager who has managed in the Premier League. 

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Depends which way you look at it. 

Hired by Pep twice and has managed to rebuild a basket case of a squad to a near-record breaking season in his first full year in charge while playing properly impressive football.

• Like 4

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Imagine Guillem Balagué's phone bill this month. 

Can't be long before he does a "Enzo would be interested" tweet

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Going for a manager that’s only managed in the championship? 

I dunno. Abramovich would never do it but I feel like Todd Boehly fancies himself as a bit of a connoisseur on youth. They went out and spent a ridiculous amount of money on young players that are supposed to be young and upcoming, I think it would be quite on brand for them to go out and hire a young manager that's tipped to be the next Pep Guardiola. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Clearly got a lot about him though hasn't he? 

Well that is debatable, very good when things were going well, looked a little lost at times when the shit hit the fan and the bad form started wasn’t it Vardy that called the team meeting for players to express some home truths which then coincided with a upturn in results.

Hell of a lot more pressure to succeed at Chelsea.

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

As a Chelsea fan you’d be completely bewildered by this wouldn’t ya 😂

Unlikely a lot surprises chelsea fans given some of the goings-on previously.

I dunno. Abramovich would never do it but I feel like Todd Boehly fancies himself as a bit of a connoisseur on youth. They went out and spent a ridiculous amount of money on young players that are supposed to be young and upcoming, I think it would be quite on brand for them to go out and hire a young manager that's tipped to be the next Pep Guardiola. 

Didn't he appoint Lampard?