Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

Well that is debatable, very good when things where going well, looked a little lost at times when the shit hit the fan and the bad form started wasn’t it Vardy that called the team meeting for players to express some home truths which then coincided with a upturn in results.

Hell of a lot more pressure to succeed at Chelsea.

Had a rough 4-6 week period that coincided with Leeds going on arguably the best run in Championship history.

All happened while the FFP stuff was going on behind the scenes so clearly a big distraction.

• Like 2

Not 100% convinced we will recruit another possession based manager if Enzo went, our mission next season is to get to 40 points with a potential points deduction.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Had a rough 4-6 week period that coincided with Leeds going on arguably the best run in Championship history.

All happened while the FFP stuff was going on behind the scenes so clearly a big distraction.

Not sure there were many games in that period we played badly, maybe Millwall. We had enough chances to beat Bristol City and Plymouth and no one complains.

I would rather Enzo stay than leave. Simply because I think players seem to enjoy playing for him. And I'd like to see what he's capable of in the PL.

But if he goes and we get 10mil - important we find someone ASAP so we can begin preparing for the season

Just now, AKCJ said:

Maybe, but also look at the percentages that wanted him to leave after those results. It’s not quite as clear cut as you would think for a manager that has achieved 30 plus wins 

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Hired by Pep twice and has managed to rebuild a basket case of a squad to a near-record breaking season in his first full year in charge while playing properly impressive football.

That’s the positive way. 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I dunno. Abramovich would never do it but I feel like Todd Boehly fancies himself as a bit of a connoisseur on youth. They went out and spent a ridiculous amount of money on young players that are supposed to be young and upcoming, I think it would be quite on brand for them to go out and hire a young manager that's tipped to be the next Pep Guardiola. 

They don’t know what they’re doing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

I would rather Enzo stay than leave. Simply because I think players seem to enjoy playing for him. And I'd like to see what he's capable of in the PL.

But if he goes and we get 10mil - important we find someone ASAP so we can begin preparing for the season

Vardy player manager albrighton assistant 👀

I want him to stay, but only because I don't think our board has the capability to hire a manager and build a squad that can stay up, with a points deduction and the financial constraints that we're going to have. I doubt we'd manage evem without having also to find a manager. That said, 10 million in the kitty is hard to turn your nose up when we're in the mess we are. Really comes down to who would take the job after him - the first names that pop into my head aren't super inspiring.

Just now, CrazyKopCorner said:

He's not even part of the conversation on Sky Sports News 

I suspect, in reality,  he's not really even part of the conversation at Chelsea either.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Maybe, but also look at the percentages that wanted him to leave after those results. It’s not quite as clear cut as you would think for a manager that has achieved 30 plus wins 

I don't tend to put much thought towards people that can't see the bigger picture though. Anyone that wanted Enzo to go was/is clearly an idiot.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He's not even part of the conversation on Sky Sports News 

Sky Sports are the only news outlet slower that Leicester Mercury.

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Not sure there were many games in that period we played badly, maybe Millwall. We had enough chances to beat Bristol City and Plymouth and no one complains.

QPR was pretty terrible and would have ended up 0-0 on another day. Both teams were shit.

3 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Someone send Enzo a photo of Potter with the caption "this could be you"...

Career doing very well to wilderness in one appointment.

I don’t know, Potter’s got a pretty sweet life right now!

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Not 100% convinced we will recruit another possession based manager if Enzo went, our mission next season is to get to 40 points with a potential points deduction.

We absolutely 100% would, that's what the owners want. 

• Like 1

Football seems so staged these days doesn't it.

We need 10m. Chelsea have it to burn. 

Our main agent... who is Enzo's agent... who gave Chelsea Potter (and is now even more rich)... picks up the phone "Yoooo hooooo me again, got another sucker for you"

End result... We get Potter.

So he gets a double win. Client roundabout continues. KDH probably goes to Chelsea lol 

Nizaar is the BBC Chelsea correspondent and has deep Chelsea connections.
What is completely infuriating is the small minority that want a young, ambitious, and hungry manager gone after 1 full season in management. 
Added with he fact that Sky Sports aren't fully considering him in their presentation piece. 

10 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Someone send Enzo a photo of Potter with the caption "this could be you"...

Career doing very well to wilderness in one appointment.

Tbf he's rejected numerous approaches and offers.

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Football seems so staged these days doesn't it.

We need 10m. Chelsea have it to burn. 

Our main agent... who is Enzo's agent... who gave Chelsea Potter (and is now even more rich)... picks up the phone "Yoooo hooooo me again, got another sucker for you"

End result... We get Potter.

So he gets a double win. Client roundabout continues. KDH probably goes to Chelsea lol 

We get £50m for Enzo and KDH.

Then Potter comes in as manager.

Decent.

Not understanding this sudden contentment to be rid of Enzo who the players clearly adore btw. Not always about what the fans may or may not want when you consider the relationships that have been built across a season which could be the difference between staying up or going down with someone completely new.

Personally Di Zerbi is out of a job and Chelsea love sniffing around Brighton for their managers and players and won't costs 10m in compo to get him out of there.

• Like 3