Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, TeaMen Tom said:

Enzo's agent has to be pushing this. I'm fine either way with him leaving. He did a good job but I'm not sure he's up to the next step given his lack of flexibility.  

Of course he is. You have to bear in mind his agent is also our main guy though... hence my post about it being staged. 

I don't think anyone would be upset about a scenario that see's Chelsea help us out of an FFP hole, Potter come here as manager and maybe get a loan player out of Chelsea as well. 

Edited by AjcW

Just now, TheGoldenGod said:

Not understanding this sudden contentment to be rid of Enzo who the players clearly adore btw. Not always about what the fans may or may not want when you consider the relationships that have been built across a season which could be the difference between staying up or going down with someone completely new.

Personally Di Zerbi is out of a job and Chelsea love sniffing around Brighton for their managers and players and won't costs 10m in compo to get him out of there.

This is exactly the point. The players trust and adore his aura, man-management, tactics and can see the development. 
I'd argue it's more of a risk for Chelsea to even go for Maresca, he needs time to develop and we as fans know that too.

39 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

The delight some people have that we might lose a young manager that won us the league with 97 points in his first full year in senior management genuinely boils my piss. 

Spot on. Appreciate the media support around Maresca might rub certain people up the wrong way (looking at you @Chocolate Teapot) but you can't argue against the facts and what the players have said about him. 

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We absolutely 100% would, that's what the owners want. 

Different times, we didn't recruit Smith for his style of play

Just now, Finnegan said:

I wouldn't be thrilled if we replaced Enzo with Potter and I don't think €10m is as exciting as everyone else does either. 

That probably gets us one player. 

Sorry i'd referenced KDH too in the original post lol 

Yeah I wouldn't be thrilled either, but I certainly wouldn't be cut up.

Probably more likely be Oscar Garcia though.... again... it all just seems so planned. 

after one good season as a manager, it would be a calamitous mistake moving to Chelsea and one that could kill his spiralling reputation. If a manager like Pochettino can't get more than 1 season, what makes Maresca think he can?

He'll be back to grafting his way out of the championship again if it goes wrong or some lowly Serie B where his tactics will be cancelled out by just about every other manager there and where mediocrity would be waiting with open arms.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I highly doubt it tbh. 

Why on earth does he choose to rock up at OHL though? 

He had a few tough gigs in France but definitely enough credit in the bank in europe from his Salzburg days to get him a better job than that. 

Just smacked of "Come here, get your win percentage up and we'll be able to sell you in to the Leicester fans"... but it hasn't worked out so far

Edited by AjcW

It doesn't make sense for Chelsea to take a HUGE gamble on someone who has just completed 1 full season of management and hasn't managed even 100 games, Enzo has already rejected Seville because he wants to be in the Premier League, and the appointment wouldn't convince the Chelsea fans who barely know his style, has management that level of high expectations and would be walking into a poisoned chalice, the Leicester players love and respect Enzo and he feels like he can genuinely build something in Leicester. 
I highly doubt they're seriously considering Enzo, just admiring him. He's just too Green for a top 6 team but perfect for us. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

This rumour probably has legs if fab is tweeting it 

Same guy who said we'll be signing Stefano Sensi and Nicolas Gonzelez in the transfer window?
Yeah sure... 
I swear people think whatever Romano says is gospel

The whole merry go round when Chelsea sacks a manager really pisses me off. Everyone is a candidate because they will just buy whoever they want and pay off whoever they need. Agents go into a frenzy because the potential pay day will set them up for years. The media go on a frenzy chasing clicks and trying to be the first to grab a headline. IMHO, everyone comes out looking like a d1ck.

And the sad thing is, its a basketcase of a job. The only thing that makes it worth considering is the money. Its everything wrong about football wrapped up in one job.

• Like 2