Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

2 minutes ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

Same guy who said we'll be signing Stefano Sensi and Nicolas Gonzelez in the transfer window?
Yeah sure... 
I swear people think whatever Romano says is gospel

He was right about us wanting Gonzalez, he didn't say the deal was sorted. We agreed terms with the player, Fiorentina didn't want to sell. 

Re. Sensi, he got that wrong but the deal very nearly did happen. 

He's far more right than wrong. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Feels like Chelsea have looked at the job Arteta has done at Arsenal and decided they want another Guardiola influenced manager who was his former assistant. Remember Arteta didn't have proper managerial experience before Arsenal either. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

Same guy who said we'll be signing Stefano Sensi and Nicolas Gonzelez in the transfer window?
Yeah sure... 
I swear people think whatever Romano says is gospel

He’s mostly right though ain’t he. There’s always going to be some that aren’t correct just by how football changes day to day. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
41 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Spot on. Appreciate the media support around Maresca might rub certain people up the wrong way (looking at you @Chocolate Teapot) but you can't argue against the facts and what the players have said about him. 

The fact he achieved something he should have done? There's nothing particularly spectacular about what he's achieved with us.

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

He’s mostly right though ain’t he. There’s always going to be some that aren’t correct just by how football changes day to day. 

He often gets a lot of transfers wrong. He usually takes news from other journalists and reposts it with more catchy wording. Then the amount of times he reposts to provide an 'update'. 
He said that Gigi wijnaldum would go to Barca and Ziyech to PSG. 
I'm not being contrarian for the sake of it. He just steals info off other journos, who he often doesn't credit. 

Could be world class, could be without a career within a few years. He’s done well here, but we have learnt better than any team recently that at our level you need to evolve and sometimes that means taking the money.

Cant wait for us to have sanctioned a load of players to play the Enzo way and appoint Big Sam though.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The delight some people have that we might lose a young manager that won us the league with 97 points in his first full year in senior management genuinely boils my piss. 

Ha.

Or consider it another way. I'd rather he went than us offer a silly contract out to try and keep him. He's done a decent job and isn't irreplaceable.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Ha.

Or consider it another way. I'd rather he went than us offer a silly contract out to try and keep him. He's done a decent job and isn't irreplaceable.

It would completely derail the start of the season and would mess up plans for the recruitment team.  We need to do A LOT of rebuilding with fringe players and players out of contract then getting the manpower into the squad to make it competitive for the season. Along with the need for more backroom staff. This would be like throwing more gasoline into the fire. I know you have a hate boner for him @Chocolate Teapot but this would be a bad idea. 10 million isn't that much in the grand cheme of things. 

58 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So yeah /checksnotes. 

Carlos Vicens? 

Not a bad shout this, or Arteta’s assistant Cuesta who’s being banded around for jobs this summer.

• Thanks 1

The chances are that he’s not going anywhere and I have criticized Enzo at times this season BUT reckon this place will be absolutely toxic when we lose our first few games.

The players clearly have a lot of respect for Enzo, so for stability - let’s hope he stays but we’ve also learnt from previous mistakes and don’t offer him a silly contract off the back of these rumours.

• Like 1

Chelsea are foolish if they want to sustain the upwards turn in form they had by hiring Maresca. That's not a slant on Maresca, but more that he's so inexperienced at a top level and his weaknesses were visible in the Championship. Therefore, is he good enough for Chelsea? They're a big club, it's a massive risk to go for Maresca (or McKenna as rumoured). 

Secondly, I don't think they'll actually go through with getting him. I think he stays with us. He's mentioned 'project'. If you look at Pochettino who also stated similar at start of last season, he's not even been afforded more time to succeed in that project. Will Maresca truly believe he's afforded time at Chelsea? At times they're like Watford with their ruthlessness of managers. 

• Like 1

I do hope Enzo stays.

The way he was able to get several wantaway players on board really quickly speaks volumes about his man management and his style.of football.

Yes we had a blip but we came through it. The other two relegated teams (one with a side at least on par with ours) still have to duke it out at Wembley for the privilege of promotion.

I do think the project is nowhere near complete for Enzo here. But the finances may have moved the goalposts for him.

If he does go, I wouldn't be averse to the Rosenior shout. If points deduction(s) and financial restraints ultimately result in relegation, we'd hopefully keep him ready for another promotion push with a year under his belt to get his methods across.

There are some exciting managers around across Europe as well though. Hopefully we have a succession plan in place.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

It would completely derail the start of the season and would mess up plans for the recruitment team.  We need to do A LOT of rebuilding with fringe players and players out of contract then getting the manpower into the squad to make it competitive for the season. Along with the need for more backroom staff. This would be like throwing more gasoline into the fire. I know you have a hate boner for him @Chocolate Teapot but this would be a bad idea. 10 million isn't that much in the grand cheme of things. 

If someone offers us 10m we'd be genuinely insane to turn it down.

Not overly fussed in this news. I was bored for the large majority of last season despite the success. Makes for an odd statement clearly but it's how I felt. I think he'll recognise its mission impossible next season and likely to be largely unpleasant. 

The biggest problem is then a new comer inheriting a squad moulded around Enzo's very specific style. 

• Like 1

Gone, pretty sure. He's not getting the finances he was probably promised here. Sold a bit of a lie. Points deduction, can't rebuild, Chelsea come calling. Hardly going to say no is he?

The queue for the signature of Mckenna is obviously gonna be extremely long, Chelsea will be at the head of it but l wonder if it gives potential appointees pause for thought that they will be discarded quickly if success isn't immediate.

I suspect the self belief necessary to get where they are makes such doubts literally unthinkable.

They wont look at Enzo in my opinion for no other reason than there are more "suitable (Chelsea) candidates" available.

With regards to Kompany and de Zerbi, It seems to me the Rodgers effect is alive and well, never mind league position, poor results or abject failure, if we say he's a top manager he is, regardless!

Good luck with that then Chelsea.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

If someone offers us 10m we'd be genuinely insane to turn it down.

Would we? And get in who exactly and with what manager? @Chocolate Teapot
Bear in mind that 10 million wouldn't help with PSR because it's playing staff that matters. 
We need sponsorship money too (hopefully that's where PTT come in)
Considering that Enzo has only managed around 60+ games in his entire professional career, is learning the craft with us because he sees Leicester as a long-term project. Rejected Seville. Why on earth would Chelsea take that risk on a green manager when they're so erratic with their management?
If your argument is 'just take the 10 million' then it's pretty shallow and dense. 

8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Gone, pretty sure. He's not getting the finances he was probably promised here. Sold a bit of a lie. Points deduction, can't rebuild, Chelsea come calling. Hardly going to say no is he?

Enzo has said this week with an interview for Gazette Della Sport that he fully accepts that the market will be 'low-key' and he accepts the possibility of a points deduction. 
He's in it for the long term.