Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Seems some can’t differentiate Teapot’s opinion. Ie Is it a good deal - rather than a ‘hate boner’ 

If you got offered £10m for an encouraging player with just 60 games appearances and after a 7.5 out of 10 season. You’d be interested in listening.

Especially as you’d struggle ever to get more £10m compensation without a spur in ability. And it’s increasingly like his agent and him are going to push for a new contract 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The fact he achieved something he should have done? There's nothing particularly spectacular about what he's achieved with us.

nothing is given in football though. It’s the same old argument you get about guardiola only being good because of the money… plenty spend just as much as man city and find themselves mid table (looking at you man u and chelsea) 

We were in a car crash situation with a huge amount of turmoil.  We had an awful set up for pre-season and we started the season with 2 youth players playing out wide. 

Obviously we were a good job for someone but so was leeds and southampton and one of them is not going up. 

He’s not been truly tested as a manager yet, that I agree with. But you have to be pretty darn good to win any league and particularly the championship.  When you look at the teams involved, it  was possibly the strongest it’s ever been. 

I don’t personally agree with the we’re too good for the championship calls… I just think he made us look that way because of how well he had us playing for a large majority of the season.   I still believe that if we’d gone with parker we’d have been in the play-offs. 

He’s got a lot to learn and will have to be more pragmatic in the prem and he may yet fall on his face… but to not say he did a good job is outrageous 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

Would we? And get in who exactly and with what manager? @Chocolate Teapot
Bear in mind that 10 million wouldn't help with PSR because it's playing staff that matters
We need sponsorship money too (hopefully that's where PTT come in)
Considering that Enzo has only managed around 60+ games in his entire professional career, is learning the craft with us because he sees Leicester as a long-term project. Rejected Seville. Why on earth would Chelsea take that risk on a green manager when they're so erratic with their management?
If your argument is 'just take the 10 million' then it's pretty shallow and dense. 

It most definitely counts for the next FFP calculation. Coaching staff are included. It might change when they switch the FFP PSR model in 25/26. 

I wouldn’t use Chelsea’s judgement as a great indicator of knowledge either. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Enzo should look at Xabi Alonso resisting big offers to stay with Leverkusen. His stock will only rise if he stays and can establish us next year. The Chelsea job comes around far more often than you think :rolleyes:

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 minutes ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

Would we? And get in who exactly and with what manager? @Chocolate Teapot
Bear in mind that 10 million wouldn't help with PSR because it's playing staff that matters. 
We need sponsorship money too (hopefully that's where PTT come in)
Considering that Enzo has only managed around 60+ games in his entire professional career, is learning the craft with us because he sees Leicester as a long-term project. Rejected Seville. Why on earth would Chelsea take that risk on a green manager when they're so erratic with their management?
If your argument is 'just take the 10 million' then it's pretty shallow and dense. 

It would help woth PSR for a start.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's guy I would go for if Enzo left. If you look at Arsenal play, a lot of the attacking patterns of play are nearly identical to ours. 

Losing a manager can happen at any time, so the bigger worry for me is the disconnect between Manager and DOF. The Coady signing is an example of a player being signed that doesn't align with the way we want to play. Souttar also not used and did the manager ever really want Tom Cannon? Then if we bring in another manager that plays a different style again, then players we have might not fit that system and have to be changed. 

That's why it's important to have some kind of general style so you can have a smoother transition between managers over time. 

Rob Tanner has said on the WYS podast that he fully expects Leicester to offload Daka and keep Tom Cannon, Vardy plus another striker. Cannon is there for the future. We all know Iheanacho isn't going to re-sign. We have a general style. For the past 5-6 years we have a style. We know what that style is. We're a possession based side. Top and the DOF know that. 
So more than likely in the very unlikely chance he does go, we'll go for someone who is a bit left-field again and possession heavy. 
It's not that Coady doesn't align with the system, he does. Coady can ping a ball from his time at Wolves. Vestergaard just does it better so he's been left in the cold because you can't drop Vestergaard.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

Enzo has said this week with an interview for Gazette Della Sport that he fully accepts that the market will be 'low-key' and he accepts the possibility of a points deduction. 
He's in it for the long term. 

That was before  Chelsea parted ways with Poch.

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Seems some can’t differentiate Teapot’s opinion. Ie Is it a good deal - rather than a ‘hate boner’ 

If you got offered £10m for an encouraging player with just 60 games appearances and after a 7.5 out of 10 season. You’d be interested in listening.

Especially as you’d struggle ever to get more £10m compensation without a spur in ability. And it’s increasingly like his agent and him are going to push for a new contract 

I get the money would be helpful in our reported situation,  it how is this even a comparison? A manager who has influence across the team, positively or not, is not comparable to a  player worth X. lol

• Like 1

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

It would help woth PSR for a start.

Tell me you don't understand PSR without telling me - BINGO! 
PSR equates to club turnover and PLAYER sales, not a manager sale. 
That includes cash revenue too which is why we need to find more cash flow. Hotels, sports complexes, brand deals, and international reach helps.
We can't go to the EFL and be like 'Oh hi Mr EFL we've sold our manager, does that mean we can go now?'
We would be managerless, squad would be very deflated and still be left with players that need to go. 
10 million from Chelsea really doesn't mean a damn thing. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

Tell me you don't understand PSR without telling me - BINGO! 
PSR equates to club turnover and PLAYER sales, not a manager sale. 
That includes cash revenue too which is why we need to find more cash flow. Hotels, sports complexes, brand deals, and international reach helps.
We can't go to the EFL and be like 'Oh hi Mr EFL we've sold our manager, does that mean we can go now?'
We would be managerless, squad would be very deflated and still be left with players that need to go. 
10 million from Chelsea really doesn't mean a damn thing. 

Sacking Rodgers affected it on last seasons accounts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I get the money would be helpful in our reported situation,  it how is this even a comparison? A manager who has influence across the team, positively or not, is not comparable to a  player worth X. lol

Personally I disagree they are all contracted assets that you can improve on and it’s about assessing their worth & value quite simply. 

32 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If someone offers us 10m we'd be genuinely insane to turn it down.

£!0mil won't cure any of our financial problems.

Just now, PaulW said:

£!0mil won't cure any of our financial problems.

If you look at a very basic consideration, the  PSR/FFP allowance of £35m drops to £13m on the forthcoming calculation of it means you only have make up £12m as opposed to £22m. Hard cash, pure profit.  

You start to think we don’t need to lose Dewsbury Hall and maybe we get away with flogging squad players 

• Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Personally I disagree they are all contracted assets that you can improve on and it’s about assessing their worth & value quite simply. 

If his value can be recognised in accounts, and I see that is a current discussion point, then ok there is a benefit, but the invisible cost of the disruption to the squad and planning feels substantial.

However, I also recognise that I like him and would rather he remained as it’s a project I can see baring fruit, so I factor that in and recognise my personal preference (bias?)

My concern would be that starting from fresh is rarely quick, and this year more than almost any other, we could do with coming out of the blocks quickly.

But nobody is bigger than the club.

10 minutes ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

Okay, I'll ask, why am I wrong?

If you can find a reputable source to say that compensation paid to LCFC for a member of our staff, wouldn't be counted as part of our turnover, I'm all ears.