Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

22 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Everyone knows Enzo will keep talking Willy everywhere he goes 

What he does in his private life is none of our business.

19 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Can’t believe what I’m reading on here. Some of our fans still wanting Enzo gone after what he’s just done for our club.  What planet are you lot from?

It is remarkable I can’t speak to these people 

• Like 3

I can't believe even we're dumb enough to give another contract like the Rodgers one. Like I'm not against a contract but that Rodgers one was on absurd terms, surely we can't tie ourselves up like that again.

If it's that or let him go though you let him go. You've got to back yourselves to take these hits otherwise you'll never actually get anywhere.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The delight some people have that we might lose a young manager that won us the league with 97 points in his first full year in senior management genuinely boils my piss. 

There is a decent possibility that if we lose Enzo we sign Russell Martin after he fails to get promoted with Southampton. The idea of it is enough to make my todger shrivel up.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I can't believe even we're dumb enough to give another contract like the Rodgers one. Like I'm not against a contract but that Rodgers one was on absurd terms, surely we can't tie ourselves up like that again.

If it's that or let him go though you let him go. You've got to back yourselves to take these hits otherwise you'll never actually get anywhere.

Maybe it was in his contract if we got promoted which is not outlandish.

enzo is more likely to be snapped up by a bigger club than Rodger’s as well imo

2 hours ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

Would we? And get in who exactly and with what manager? @Chocolate Teapot
Bear in mind that 10 million wouldn't help with PSR because it's playing staff that matters. 
We need sponsorship money too (hopefully that's where PTT come in)
Considering that Enzo has only managed around 60+ games in his entire professional career, is learning the craft with us because he sees Leicester as a long-term project. Rejected Seville. Why on earth would Chelsea take that risk on a green manager when they're so erratic with their management?
If your argument is 'just take the 10 million' then it's pretty shallow and dense. 

1 hour ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

Tell me you don't understand PSR without telling me - BINGO! 
PSR equates to club turnover and PLAYER sales, not a manager sale. 
That includes cash revenue too which is why we need to find more cash flow. Hotels, sports complexes, brand deals, and international reach helps.
We can't go to the EFL and be like 'Oh hi Mr EFL we've sold our manager, does that mean we can go now?'
We would be managerless, squad would be very deflated and still be left with players that need to go. 
10 million from Chelsea really doesn't mean a damn thing. 

You've had a howler son.

• Like 2

Chelsea won't be able to achieve with Enzo a higher postion than the 6th they surprisingly got this season. If Enzo has an offer from them he'll go because he'll probably think Chelsea will give him the treatment Arteta got from Arsenal. Expect more bs like "project", "trust the process", "style of play" etc. 

Chelsea finished 6th because the quality from 4th place downwards was abysmal. They've even managed to finish just 5pts below Villa. Needless to say this season's dreadful PL was reflected in all European competitions where Italian and German teams dominated. Even 2 Greek teams managed to reach the QF and one of them is a finalist now. 

PL is killing its product because it's run from top to bottom by technocrats who don't have a clue about the sport. The FFP charges have severely damaged the integrity of the league. They're delaying Man City's punishment because they know the impact will be huge. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

Would we? And get in who exactly and with what manager? @Chocolate Teapot
Bear in mind that 10 million wouldn't help with PSR because it's playing staff that matters. 
We need sponsorship money too (hopefully that's where PTT come in)
Considering that Enzo has only managed around 60+ games in his entire professional career, is learning the craft with us because he sees Leicester as a long-term project. Rejected Seville. Why on earth would Chelsea take that risk on a green manager when they're so erratic with their management?
If your argument is 'just take the 10 million' then it's pretty shallow and dense. 

images (3).jpeg

• Haha 1

Maresca potentially poached just as he might actually be forcing us to put some heat under Rudkin. Never known luck like Rudkin's. Bloke truly is unbeatable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jordan said:

I’m generally on Maresca’s side on most matters since he’s joined the club and would prefer him to stay but I worry about this situation.

I wouldn’t mind Maresca having more input on how the club operates and getting more support from club leadership. I won’t go into a rant about mess the club’s got itself in; I’ll just say think most fans might agree with Enzo’s perspective here. 

However, even if I’d prefer Enzo to get his way on more things, the club would be mad to try to meet Chelsea’s offer to Maresca and his staff because we simply cannot afford to pay the kind of money Chelsea throw at everything.

Unfortunately, that then gets us into a situation where I can see our manager search essentially being run by agents pitching their candidates as opposed to the board drafting a carefully-considered short list. With the names being bandied around last spring and summer I was relieved we went with Maresca; I’m less confident we’ll make the right move two years in a row. 

“They have to get this right” is such a cliche about every manager search ever, but if we’re looking again this summer then I just pray the board don’t get this horribly wrong.

I think this is how we got Maresca in the first place. We didn't do badly out of it but it wasn't a sensible process.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frost said:

We'd probably have sacked him by Christmas anyway.

Can't say I'm that bothered about him leaving, but it is worrying to think who will replace him.

This thinking does my head in. We'd have been bonkers to have sacked him by Christmas. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's guy I would go for if Enzo left. If you look at Arsenal play, a lot of the attacking patterns of play are nearly identical to ours. 

Losing a manager can happen at any time, so the bigger worry for me is the disconnect between Manager and DOF. The Coady signing is an example of a player being signed that doesn't align with the way we want to play. Souttar also not used and did the manager ever really want Tom Cannon? Then if we bring in another manager that plays a different style again, then players we have might not fit that system and have to be changed. 

That's why it's important to have some kind of general style so you can have a smoother transition between managers over time. 

And this is a point I've been trying to make for years but I always end up waffling.

It's clear there is a remit from to top of the club to play a possession based game, that is what the powers that be want, that is the type of managers we've appointed since 2017. Puel, Rodgers, Maresca.

Yet many of our signings have been suited to pre 2017 and continued to be.

Now I don't like possession based football, playing out from that back, I make no bones about it, generally I think it's a load of nonsense, compounded by not signing players that don't really 'fit' within that style, it's destined to fail.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’d rather lose him now for decent money than have to sack him mid season or he inevitably leaves following either keeping us up or taking us down. 

If it’s happening get it done.

Get Cooper or Corberan in, with his staff ( still think Enzo was short a coach or two). 

37 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Oh no that’s hope he don’t want to take Mads with him aswell cuz there GK’s ain’t up to the job that Enzo requires 

I’d like him to stay but wouldn’t be particularly bothered if he left.

Hopefully that doesn’t mean I have a ‘hate boner’. 

Obviously it’s unfounded speculation, but I don’t think he really wants to be here anyway. He’ll be kicking up a big fuss if Chelsea actually do want him and we try to block it.

Just now, James_lcfc said:

I’d like him to stay but wouldn’t be particularly bothered if he left.

Hopefully that doesn’t mean I have a ‘hate boner’. 

Obviously it’s unfounded speculation, but I don’t think he really wants to be here anyway. He’ll be kicking up a big fuss if Chelsea actually do want him and we try to block it.

He has a release clause. :dunno: If they will not stretch to 10m for him, they aren’t being serious.