Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Posted (edited)

Lose Enzo and there’ll definitely be no change in the way the club works.

I therefore come to the conclusion that keeping Enzo could be worth much more than £10m if he can help change the way the club operates off the field. 

Also £10m is pittance at a time we need stability and someone to rebuild. 

Edited by Ginger_Filbert

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Isn’t that what we have now? One people want to discard based on fear of failure at a later point.

I dont think we have a stable foundation, only my opinion though, I feel too much of the squad is a mismatch for Enzo.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

It is remarkable I can’t speak to these people 

It’s the same people who want us to hoof the ball up the pitch, not realising football has moved on in the past decade.

I suggest a season ticket down at welford road perhaps?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I dont think we have a stable foundation, only my opinion though, I feel too much of the squad is a mismatch for Enzo.

Perhaps but I cannot see how a new person would do much better tbh, I mean Enzo has spent a year moulding what he can, the next guy starts from zero.

But.
That’s the nature of change, so if he goes to Chelsea, so be it, just feel it will set us further back in terms of preparation.

Edited by Dahnsouff

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

What an absolute circus

I mean even the Pochettino sacking. He didn't do well this season just gone but they stood by months of dross to then decide against him after he'd shown some genuine promise, without anything that special lined up either by the looks of it.

They'll put the money down but they're very silly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Perhaps but I cannot see how a new person would any better tbh, I mean Enzo has spent a year moulding what he can, the next guy starts from zero.

But.
That’s the nature of change, so if he goes to Chelsea, so be it, just feel it will set us further back in terms of preparation.

I dont disagree on your final point, change during the off season, especially if its later will be disruptive, I dont think we should be actively removing Enzo but just that if he goes we might come out of it better with the right choice, I hope that makes a little more sense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Let him talk to them. If he wants to go and they want him then the price is the price.

If he doesn’t, or they don’t want him, on we go. No new contract just for meeting what was expected of you last season.

Maresca showed so many signs of inexperience last year. Things only picked up when the players locked themselves in a room without him to discuss. Someone will pay the price for that inexperience next season whether it’s us or Chelsea.

This 

• Like 1

Has there been any reference to how much compo we'd get if he was to leave?  Probably been asked already but I can't be arsed going through the thread.

If they offer him the job he’s gone. Be stupid not to. Get that job on your CV and you’re moving up. They won’t get relegated. We likely will. 

Anyway, they won’t offer him the job so let’s all panic for a bit and the man settle down to reality. 

Posted (edited)

Been reading a few articles-  it seems Chelsea want someone who will play possession based football (as does top I understand) and even have a say in other on pitch and coaching matters but why are clubs deciding what style of football to play?  It's nonsensical.  Executives who have probably never played, telling managers who have been in the game all their lives how to play.

I'm by no means a fan of man utd but can you imagine anyone telling Alex Ferguson how to play, coach or who to pick/sign.  I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have stood for that.  It seems Enzo isn't that man either, given he has made demands and requested assurances from  our execs.  

Edited by rugbyblue
Spelling
  • Like 1

Problem is that we desperately need the continuity at the moment and we all know that our once great contingency planning is non existent now. Plus, as has been mentioned, the players enjoy playing for him and that's added team spirit is going be essential this season.

Would be a bad move for him most likely but not an opportunity he could turn down