Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

No. 

Manager markets and Player Transfer markets mean bugger all. 

As little as £5/£10 can swing anything. Even if he isn't on there don't pay attention to odds/markets like that. 

So if a £5/10 can swing a market then your telling me no one has bet that on him despite him being linked in papers and sky today?

3 hours ago, Matt said:

And this is a point I've been trying to make for years but I always end up waffling.

It's clear there is a remit from to top of the club to play a possession based game, that is what the powers that be want, that is the type of managers we've appointed since 2017. Puel, Rodgers, Maresca.

Yet many of our signings have been suited to pre 2017 and continued to be.

Now I don't like possession based football, playing out from that back, I make no bones about it, generally I think it's a load of nonsense, compounded by not signing players that don't really 'fit' within that style, it's destined to fail.

That speaks volumes to not having someone at the club who is in charge of that. Rudkin shouldn't be the Director of Football, he should the General Manager / Head of Football Operations. A Director of Football could even be someone that reports into him. But a proper DOF would be responsible for directing a style of play across the entire club, looking at player development from academy to first team level and building players throughout that time to do so.

I think one of the reasons why Rudkin liked Rodgers so much is that Brendan wanted to do that given his history with the Chelsea academy. Possibly it's the reason why we went for Maresca too. But the issue is if that person leaves, you have to start all over. The DOF should be someone expected to be at the club for 10 years+.

As you say the issue is that Top, Rudkin, et all have an idea of how they want the team to play, but don't know the specifics. Even within possesion football, that can mean many different things, and in the Enzo system it means players that can turn and recieve the ball under pressure and work in tight spaces.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

So if a £5/10 can swing a market then your telling me no one has bet that on him despite him being linked in papers and sky today?

Can you see him anywhere to bet on? I can't? I'm sure oddschecker have historic bets/candidates on their site or at least used too. I've not seen any bets posted online either, have you? 

59 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That speaks volumes to not having someone at the club who is in charge of that. Rudkin shouldn't be the Director of Football, he should the General Manager / Head of Football Operations. A Director of Football could even be someone that reports into him. But a proper DOF would be responsible for directing a style of play across the entire club, looking at player development from academy to first team level and building players throughout that time to do so.

I think one of the reasons why Rudkin liked Rodgers so much is that Brendan wanted to do that given his history with the Chelsea academy. Possibly it's the reason why we went for Maresca too. But the issue is if that person leaves, you have to start all over. The DOF should be someone expected to be at the club for 10 years+.

As you say the issue is that Top, Rudkin, et all have an idea of how they want the team to play, but don't know the specifics. Even within possesion football, that can mean many different things, and in the Enzo system it means players that can turn and recieve the ball under pressure and work in tight spaces.

Spot on. The DOF role is as vital as the manager role. We are yet to catch up but you can see it elsewhere. Wilcox, Ashworth, Freedman, Edwards all been reported as “big” football moves - very different to how an “executive” move would’ve been reported previously. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Spot on. The DOF role is as vital as the manager role. We are yet to catch up but you can see it elsewhere. Wilcox, Ashworth, Freedman, Edwards all been reported as “big” football moves - very different to how an “executive” move would’ve been reported previously. 

I can understand these roles, as it can avoid situations where you rebuild a squad every time you get a new manager, but I dont think a DoF (or owner) should ever be telling a manager the style to play, Wilcox saying what he said wasnt on in my opinion.

Also if a club is ran that way, the DoF is failing if the recruitment isnt the right players for the style they trying to encourage.

Edited by Chrysalis

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Wow yesterday Enzo was 40/1 and now some sites have him favorite at 5/2....mind-boggling!

Yeah. Think it’s likely to happen now. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Chelsea would be bat shit crazy to take Enzo!!!

how the **** has he blagged this one 😂 

Probably because Casadei, Palmer and Lavia have played under him and he knows about Man city's coaching system and academy players

If he were to go, the best thing will be, half of FT saying look how good he is when he has them top 4 in November....and the other half point and laughing when he's sacked at xmas lol

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

With the squad that is left (after the contracts which have expired have gone), can’t help but think that it’s better suited to a normal formation, rather than Enzoball.

Assuming we keep Vardy, and buy Fatawu, we still have the bare bones of a decent starting 11, played in a ‘normal’ 4-2-3-1 formation 

Hermansen.

Riccy/JJ Faes/Coady. Souttar. Kristiansen.

Soumare        Winks.

Fatawu.             K D H/Alves          Mavididi

Vardy/Daka.

Add a few freebies and bargains.

Even if we sell KDH, we replace him.

Get a battling type manager in, we’ll be fine

Im not scared to lose Enzo tbh

You had me until I saw Soumare in the starting 11.

Him letting anyone ghost past him again is a big no thanks for me.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Kompany getting the Bayern job after serving up one of the worst Premier League campaigns of the last decade is just absolutely insane to me. He flopped at Anderlecht too.

I highly doubt they'll be getting the league title back. It's on a plate for Leverkusen to retain.

Lol.. Kane must be ecstatic at the prospect.. 😐

8 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Imagine we try go for Jesse Marsch now 🤣🤣🤣🤣……….

We’re ****ed. 

Fook off, he just signed for my Canadian men's internarional team. So excited.....

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Chelsea isn’t hiring Enzo. That’s not to say he won’t get poached but I don’t think they have any serious interest.

Well, if Kompany can get the Bayern job I have to correct myself on this one - who knows. Bayern is certainly the more prestigious job and Enzo makes the stronger case. The Pep aura is not to be lightly dismissed.

I don't think I will be too bothered if he goes,  I like him but I don't think he'll keep us in the prem with the players we have and the lack of signings incoming.  The replacement will probably be in the style of a Pep wannabee, or maybe those up above might go for a Klopp wannabee, remember there are only two choices now!

54 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

I don't think I will be too bothered if he goes,  I like him but I don't think he'll keep us in the prem with the players we have and the lack of signings incoming.  The replacement will probably be in the style of a Pep wannabee, or maybe those up above might go for a Klopp wannabee, remember there are only two choices now!

We will be making a lot of signings this summer. 

The more I think it about the more I think there is a genuine and credible interest in Enzo and why they are interested in him. 

regardless of the views it was the most expensive squad ever to play championship football, it was largely a fragmented squad and a club in utter disarray the day he walked through the door. He has galvanised the squad, won arguably the most competitive ever Championship and achieved it whilst implementing his own style of play. 

His man management appears to be top drawer as the squad togetherness proves and also the high regard to which he is held by a lot of the players. He is also an advocate of young players, as we saw a good number of academy developed players given first team opportunities this season. 

Given the success of Arteta at Arsenal, the obvious link to Pep and now he has got over 50 games of managing in England under his belt, delivering success whilst implementing his style, will make clubs sit up and take notice. 

Many of our fans have said Enzo needs elite level players, he has proven to be an excellent coach, and at Chelsea he will have elite level players at his disposal, if he goes I have no doubt he will surprise many and actually do pretty well, it’s just whether he fancies moving to a club that appears to be an even bigger basket case than us, albeit the risk and reward is far greater. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fuchsocksblu said:

So there's a couple of articles on how there's a difference between PSR and FFP.
FFP is the UEFA regulations which is a 70% cap on player spending, obviously since we were playing top 6 wages and got relegated, we are going to break them. 
PSR counts for squad cost and it's measures, not management. PSR limits what a club can spend which is shaped by what a club can generate through its turnover. 
PSR is basically squad-cost control on wages and fees for those players. 
Losing Enzo and gaining that 10 mill, wouldn't solve issues because we still need to cut down our squad. It's the squad that is the crucial bit here.
Fortunately, we can raise PSR through cup progression which we did, sponsorship, commercial rev (renaming Seagrave to FBS training centre for eg). Broadcasting rights are pitiful in the EFL.
The reason why Man Utd, Chelsea don't have the same restrictions as the other 14 clubs is because of their power in commercial, stock-market, and international departments. 
Also because they are traditionally big sides, more people watch, buy and generally pay more to see them. It comes down to Location, Prestige and customers. 
Sacking Rodgers was a negative in the accounting, it was the last thing they wanted it do because the club and Brendan knew it was money that couldn't put back in. 

Tell me you can't answer the question without answering the question.....BINGO.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Chelsea isn’t hiring Enzo. That’s not to say he won’t get poached but I don’t think they have any serious interest.

They / isn't? 

Apparently they had been moving Cucurella into the middle in possession recently and had a lot of success with it. Having said that I'm not sure it is linked to the Enzo rumours as I'm not sure the Chelsea higher ups are that smart.

It could work for him there, it's not too outrageous a shout. I think "the system" will naturally work better with better players. But they're a bit of a basket case.

For us I think it's simple, if there's a release clause, Chelsea want him, and he wants Chelsea, then it happens. The one thing we really must avoid is offering him a big contract to counter the offers.

I do hope he remains with us though. There'll be a good few incomings this summer, again more who can fit the type that Enzo wants, and I think it would do him well to prove he can keep a club like us up.