Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's Rodgers all over again - let him go if he doesn't want to be here. Genuinely the biggest risk is we now offer him a stupid contract.

He will be off if Chelsea offer us the release no chance he will stick around.

Potter was never fully accepted at chelsea because the supporters didn’t consider him high profile enough. Enzo has even less experience and profile as a manager than Potter. The only thing that raises his profile is that he worked with pep. 

Posted (edited)

If he goes I think I might be done with football. What the Premier League is doing potentially doing to Ipswich and us will be the straw that breaks camel’s back. It really is a disgrace. 

Edited by An Away Move
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Enzo's agent pedaling this narrative. How many times can one journo mention a release clause...

Surely Chelsea can use their loyalty points to get that fee right down.

7 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

You had me until I saw Soumare in the starting 11.

Him letting anyone ghost past him again is a big no thanks for me.

I did say bare bones. It’s a starting point. To be clear, I don’t want this to be our starting 11 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

This needs sorting one way or the other quickly though, we don’t want it rumbling on, or have a summer of rumour and speculation, he needs to make his position clear.

It's only the Chelsea job that does this, and it happens everytime they sack someone. If they hire Mckenna and sack him by Christmas it will be the same list and same merry go round. 

You would have thought Brendan would have got this gig at some point. Maybe he needs to spend a season as Peps number 2?

6 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

If he goes I think I might be done with football. What the Premier League is doing potentially doing to Ipswich and us will be the straw that breaks camel’s back. It really is a disgrace. 

And we don't do the same with clubs that have smaller budgets than us?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Chill out mate. Genuinely, it will probably work out better for us, for next season, to start without Enzo at the helm

7 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Bit of an overreaction? 

Just can’t be bothered with the faff if he goes, and rushing around to find a manager. I think he will struggle with us next year to implement his style and avoid relegation, however, I think any manager we have next year will struggle.

Chelsea are chaos so I wouldn’t be surprised if they go for him.

Posted (edited)

Why do people think a new manager would want to come to us?

Limited money, points deduction, fans won't back a manager even if they are extremely successful in their first season, Vardy ageing and out of contract...

It'd be as much a poisoned chalice as Chelsea.

Can't believe how many comments I've read that want rid of Enzo after our promotion. I'm a bit gutted by the speculation around Chelsea and hope they go elsewhere.

Edited by bmt

McKenna is their first choice. Enzo is the back up. If it happens that they go for Enzo and he would like to leave, we shake hands and move on. I think there is a new contract on the table for him anyway, so we stick to that and nothing more. 

31 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's Rodgers all over again - let him go if he doesn't want to be here. Genuinely the biggest risk is we now offer him a stupid contract.

I think we're safeguarded by the release clause. We don't need to offer him anything massive.

If he wants to go then clubs can stump up the cash.

Then again it would be nice to have him tied up.

3 minutes ago, bmt said:

Why do people think a new manager would want to come to us?

Limited money, points deduction, fans won't back a manager even if they are extremely successful in their first season, Vardy ageing and out of contract...

It'd be as much a poisoned chalice as Chelsea.

Can't believe how many comments I've read that want rid of Enzo after our promotion. I'm a bit gutted by the speculation around Chelsea and hope they go elsewhere.

Very subjective. Depends on the man, and the circumstances 

20 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Chill out mate. Genuinely, it will probably work out better for us, for next season, to start without Enzo at the helm

Strange take. I couldn’t disagree more. 

• Like 1

Avoid the new contract, absolutely no need yet. If we get into the season and we’re lower mid table at Xmas he’s done a great job and deserves it.

As things stand his remit was to get us promoted which he’s done. We did however lose 11 league games and the football was pretty painful at times to watch so pinning him down now would be a risk imo as he could get the bullet after 12 games if we’re struggling and another big compo package to pay.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, westernpark said:

McKenna is their first choice. Enzo is the back up. If it happens that they go for Enzo and he would like to leave, we shake hands and move on. I think there is a new contract on the table for him anyway, so we stick to that and nothing more. 

I think McKenna wants the united job. Been there before and a big fan. 

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Kompany getting the Bayern job after serving up one of the worst Premier League campaigns of the last decade is just absolutely insane to me. He flopped at Anderlecht too.

I highly doubt they'll be getting the league title back. It's on a plate for Leverkusen to retain.

It's wild,  he was their 5th or 6th choice. They really bungled their management search.