Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If I was a Chelsea fan looking at that list I would be a bit like WTF we doing. 

Rumours circling that the 4th name is Xavi so if that's true then I imagine they will go for him. 

Not sure they will go for him, might be wrong,

15 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Bonkers lol

Or maybe a lot of people understand that managers/players come and go all the time - And if he'd rather be elsewhere then good luck to him. See ya later.

If the players are that devastated about a manager leaving they probably need to get a grip.

You seem to think that consistency and hitting the ground running and all the disruption of losing a manager and his back room staff make no difference to our survival hopes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Think the deficit is larger than 10m 

im sure we’ll  sell a couple of others..

either that or we say buggrit and hope we don’t get relegated.

27 minutes ago, FLINTHAMFC said:

Is it bad that I don't care if he stays or goes. The football whilst fruitful on the points front has been a turgid hard watch, with very few inspiring performances. 

It’s very narrow minded. It’s not what we need this summer with all the troubles ahead. 

Can’t blame him if he wants to go there, it would be like winning the lottery. Probably a 3/4 year deal if the project is developing philosophy and younger players

7-8m per year. 
Sacked within a year if lucky.

Rich and still only 45/46 to rebuild career.

• Like 1

Just now, An Away Move said:

You seem to think that consistency and hitting the ground running and all the disruption of losing a manager and his back room staff make no difference to our survival hopes. 

Well I think our survival hopes are heavily dependent on the Summer recruitment, which the manager won't be responsible for.

With the squad we have now, the manager is almost irrelevant - We will struggle massively.

I do agree that some continuity would be good though, and I would like him to stay. But I'd also be pretty 'non-fussed' if he left.

My only thought of why he wouldn't go. Is that all he has to do this season is do slightly better than Vinny Kompany and Peps job is his in a year.

Would be much harder to move from Chelsea to Man City.

Just now, James_lcfc said:

With the squad we have now, the manager is almost irrelevant - We will struggle massively.

Some people thought we would struggle massively this season just gone, I'm sure the manager had an impact on the outcome

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Some people thought we would struggle massively this season just gone, I'm sure the manager had an impact on the outcome

Yup but we had the best squad in the Championship and an even better one in the Prem that got relegated.

I think if we had got any other manager last season we would still be in the Championship.

Edited by whoareyaaa

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Some absolute nonsense being spouted in here.

Anyone who thinks losing this manager at this stage doesn't impact us or the squad morale is nuts. 

Yes it's part of the game, no it doesn't mean it has no impact. 

Yeah it might improve!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Fair.

...but the £40-50m we spent probably had an impact too.

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Who are these people?

We were favourites for promotion before a ball was kicked.

8th highest wage bill in the prem the year we were relegated. 
Additional 44m spending on new players.

international players that couldn’t get a game that would’ve started in most other 11s in the league.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The club was rotten to the core and the players were absolutely shit, hence us getting relegated. 

Morale was on the floor. 

Enzo did an incredible job in the early stages of building some actual belief and togetherness in the squad. 

Short memories of the state of this team when we went down 

Short memories of the fact that smith got 9 points from 8 games with those “rotten to the core players that were absolute shit” 

That ppg ratio would’ve accumulated 42 points 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

We do know how Enzo will approach it, as he has stated on several occasions that he won't change his style of play in the Premier League.

I'm not saying it's an identical situation to Burnley, but it's very similar and the warning signs are there.

Enzo's belief (communicated via Balague) is that Burnley struggled, not because of the style, but because they stuck with the players that got them up, which just isn't true.

We know the philosophy Enzo is looking to play and we know how it's going to be structured (inverted stuff, wingers and all that jazz), but we don't know what the squad is going to be nor do we know if he will setup more defensively minded like he did earlier in the season or push for a higher line like he did latter half.  Couldn't give a crap what Balague says in his pieces and any way i think Burnley recruited poorly (such as buying top dollar for a Man City keeper with 0 top flight minutes). 

Until anyone sees the squad and how we setup first game of the season, its all conjecture and as relevant as comparing a Dean Smith setup with last seasons Luton or Shff Utd side.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

If you are at work and have a manager that you get on with and work well with you will be more productive than if that manager leaves and is replaced with someone who you don't work as well with this happens in all walks of life not just football

Whilst I agree with this generally, footballers must expect a bit of this. What is the lifespan of a manager these days? Also footballer moves generally come with a move across the country to a degree, so don't think there's would be any sort of exodus. 

I'd prefer him to stay but I don't think it's boom or bust either way.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

That list is pretty shocking for a club of Chelsea's size 😂

Definitely looks like they’re after a more inexperienced “manager” who will coach the team, bank the salary and not complain when the owner does the half time team talk.