Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Can see McKenna going to Chelsea whilst his stock is as high as it is, realistically Ipswich are going to be strong favourites to go back down, and would he still be such a hot commodity then, not so sure.

Whereas with Enzo, can very much see him wanting to establish himself in the Premier League before taking a big job, say he keeps us up with a points deduction next year then pushes into mid table/top half the following, Pep is likely to walk away within the next 2 seasons and as long Man City don't get an obscene punishment for these 115 charges, Enzo would be a ready made replacement. He already has 1 managerial failure on his CV in Italy, if he went to Chelsea and got the boot after 6 months he has to start from scratch again at a club of a similar stature to ours.

Of the merry-go-round I can forsee

United - Poch

Chelsea - McKenna

Brighton - Potter

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

mainly because most Championship teams had no intention of playing football against us.

Try as you might - it will get you nowhere.  We can only by judged on Plymouth away and nothing else.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Whilst I agree with this generally, footballers must expect a bit of this. What is the lifespan of a manager these days? Also footballer moves generally come with a move across the country to a degree, so don't think there's would be any sort of exodus. 

I'd prefer him to stay but I don't think it's boom or bust either way.

No I agree don't think it would lead to an exodus as such but very much could lead to some players not performing as well/ not being as inspired to play to their best.

Although on the other hand this can work both ways some players might prefer a new manager and it might increase their performance but this is a big risk especially seeing how highly a number of our players have spoke of maresca

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Bit of a shame if he does go but can’t blame him as Chelsea have a great squad for him to play his style of football with and sure he will be backed. Just worried he takes mads with him as he’s better than what Chelsea have. 

Might solve our psr issues tho

59 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

If we end up with Southgate, I refuse to watch one game live next season.  I can see it happening.  He'd be Rudkin's wet dream.  

Looking back when Enzo first left,

Rudkin phoned one agent and barrels got scraped,

Southgate was the one,

Four right backs get subbed on

Then Leicester's lost at home again

6 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Looking back when Enzo first left,

Rudkin phoned one agent and barrels got scraped,

Southgate was the one,

Four right backs get subbed on

Then Leicester's lost at home again

image.png.a97cecfb5588f1ca489c9d2c1c706f0c.png

WORST. LIMERICK. EVER.

• Haha 4

The gutting thing is he's made the right noises about the way the club operates. He's a floor raiser and knows what good looks like from his time at Man City.

I'm not his biggest fan but lots of solid work is ripped up if he leaves. Any incoming manager inherits a shit show.

If we go down again - it's because Top continues being an idiot by continually employing idiots who keep doing idiotic things.

• Like 1

Just now, kyleolly said:

Just looking at the Chelsea squad to see who could play inverted full back to see that Reece James is only 24 I thought he was about ready for retirement 😂

Give it Phil Olivant with Harry Lillystone as his assistant 🤣🤣

How about we sign Fatawu as soon as the window opens. Enzo joins Chelsea and we get 8 mil compo.

Then Fatawu starts posting on Twitter it was always his dream to play for Chelsea and Enzo. Sell for 80 mill.

Sell KDH to Chelsea for 50 mill as well. And Mads for 20 million

FFP sorted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they want him, he'll go. This is the price of success. You would hope that all this has been factored in and we already know who to appoint if he does leave. This just shows how great the importance of succession planning is. It's the same for managers as it is for players.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The fact Chelsea and Man United are even considering Enzo and McKenna is hilarious. 

Neither club should be looking at our level of manager 

Really? Arteta went straight to Arsenal from being Peps no 2. Even in the old days the likes of Daglish went straight to a player manager role. This isn't unheard of. 

Think time working under Pep at Man City is seen as a very strong apprenticeship. Likewise McKenna's time at Man U will be looked in high regard. Both have experience at the biggest clubs, and have nailed their Championship seasons.

Think Enzo's stock is higher than many want to admit on here. 

I actually think Frank is the outlier in the mix. Don't for one minute think he is an option.

Edited by Chelmofox