Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

McKenna seems set to go to Brighton, that's a big insult to Chelsea.

he seems a good fit for Brighton, actually. They’ll give him the time to do what he needs to do..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

The fact Chelsea and Man United are even considering Enzo and McKenna is hilarious. 

Neither club should be looking at our level of manager 

It's not though is it? Look at Arteta. No managerial experience, lands one of the biggest jobs in the English game. To a degree he's a success as they're getting better year on year. When the likes of Kompany and Enzo have had resources in advance of most of their competition, they've pissed it. They're applying the logic that it works at any level. Now they may be wrong, but there's little evidence to the contrary to be fair. Alonso will be another example of an inexperienced manager doing (extremely) well. McKenna I do find more odd as I never really saw a set system in play with them and thought their success was largely down to character, attitude and application over a particular football philosophy, but I suspect that'll be my own ignorance on it because that's the kind of credit we were given whenever we were successful for a long time rather than being credited with actually being talented.

When you say our level of manager, there's no such thing is there? Obviously he's our manager, but what does our level mean? If a player is at our club and doing well you don't dismiss a transfer because they're our level? Without him having a go for us in the Prem then we don't know what level he is, really.

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

Yes. But as it was (officially) mutual consent, I don't see why it'd be awkward.

well it’s a little bit soon isn’t it? He didn’t want to leave, officially or not..

It’s a bit of an inconvenience - some semblance of stability is a priority right now with so much going on.

Take that out and not at all fussed if he leaves. The compensation plus the chance to get someone that doesn’t think they’re football’s answer to Socrates is attractive. 

19 minutes ago, JimJams said:

If they want him, he'll go. This is the price of success. You would hope that all this has been factored in and we already know who to appoint if he does leave. This just shows how great the importance of succession planning is. It's the same for managers as it is for players.

More likely they will offer him £20m a year to stay because they are idiots

6 minutes ago, JimJams said:

It's not though is it? Look at Arteta. No managerial experience, lands one of the biggest jobs in the English game. To a degree he's a success as they're getting better year on year. When the likes of Kompany and Enzo have had resources in advance of most of their competition, they've pissed it. They're applying the logic that it works at any level. Now they may be wrong, but there's little evidence to the contrary to be fair. Alonso will be another example of an inexperienced manager doing (extremely) well. McKenna I do find more odd as I never really saw a set system in play with them and thought their success was largely down to character, attitude and application over a particular football philosophy, but I suspect that'll be my own ignorance on it because that's the kind of credit we were given whenever we were successful for a long time rather than being credited with actually being talented.

When you say our level of manager, there's no such thing is there? Obviously he's our manager, but what does our level mean? If a player is at our club and doing well you don't dismiss a transfer because they're our level? Without him having a go for us in the Prem then we don't know what level he is, really.

It's funny you bring up Artera, because Chelsea and Manchester United would have never given him enough time to get to where his team is now. 

That is the same issue maresca or McKenna would face if they take the job. 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think the higher Enzo goes the more his philosophy Will work. He needs top level footballers. 

He's done great to get some of our lot to play the way he wants.

that’s exactly it. Give him top players and it will always work. Not convinced he would be able to do it in a relegation scrap… obviously i’d like to see if he could but I have no doubts he’d do well at chelsea. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

It's funny you bring up Artera, because Chelsea and Manchester United would have never given him enough time to get to where his team is now. 

Man U have stuck through long and bad periods with Ten Haag. I think they would give someone time if they are doing the job well. 

Chelsea i agree with, but i think how you handle yourself with the board is as important as what you do on the pitch. Maybe Bowley and co realise that a different approach is needed and would rather buy into a project. Who knows - those guys are lost on me.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

It's funny you bring up Arteta, because Chelsea and Manchester United would have never given him enough time to get to where his team is now. 

No they probably wouldn't have. But perhaps now they would. Man Utd I think would have. They have stuck by Ole and Ten Haag way longer than most would have expected given their results under the pair.

And when it comes to risk for either of the pair, they're both going up for a likely season long relegation battle. It's more than conceivable that they'll be out of a job by Christmas if they just stay where they are, so why not work at the bigger clubs with the bigger budgets if the potential downside is the same?

Except it won't be the same because if you get sacked from Chelsea or Utd you're getting a ridiculous payoff compared to us or Ipswich getting rid. And so then you weigh up the potential upsides, it's a no-brainer for either manager to jump ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Some absolute nonsense being spouted in here.

Anyone who thinks losing this manager at this stage doesn't impact us or the squad morale is nuts. 

Yes it's part of the game, no it doesn't mean it has no impact. 

Only a few weeks ago the team sorted a meeting without the manager to get us over the line, they're not all going to be moping about suddenly. Better to go now with a full pre season to prepare than midway through the season with Vestergaard on a two deal extension and Sensi signed on the treatment table. It's not like we've a team proven in this league and ready made for success either, but when we did and Pearson left they didn't do too badly under the next manager. Basically, millionaire footballers are not attached to managers these days, it doesn't matter.

• Like 4

The biggest issue with us is there will be no succession plan. And I imagine the succession plan will be relentlessly chase Potter until a week before the season and ultimately end up with Parker.