Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

19 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think the higher Enzo goes the more his philosophy Will work. He needs top level footballers. 

He's done great to get some of our lot to play the way he wants.

Anyone who can turn Ndidi into an attacking number 8 is worth his weight in gold..

To be fair to Enzo a move to Chelsea is about as close as you can get to managing a club the size of Man City. It's a no brainer if they offer him the job as he should be challenging top 4 with that squad, will be backed well, and will be well rewarded. 

Normally I'd be gutted but the noises that have been coming from Balague suggest he only ever viewed us as a stepping stone so if it happens I'll be accepting of the situation. I think what's reassuring is that there seems to be a load of decent managers we could approach now unlike last season. That said I wouldn't put it past Rudkin to get straight on the phone to Jesse Marsch. 

First game of the season and Maresca walks out at Stamford Bridge with his Captain, Sensi, behind him :(

We go on to win 1-0 with Sensi scoring our goal :) 

• Haha 1

Just now, MPH said:

First game of the season and Maresca walks out at Stamford Bridge with his Captain, Sensi, behind him :(

We go on to win 1-0 with Sensi scoring our goal :) 

1-0 with Harry Souttar making a Vestegaard like come back 

• Haha 1

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

1-0 with Harry Souttar making a Vestegaard like come back 

and running up to Maresca in the Chelsea dugout after scoring turning his back to him and pointing to his name with his thumbs?

3 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Probably already been said but if he don’t want to be here/he’d rather be somewhere else, he can piss off.

I don't particularly want him to go but I wouldn't blame him if Chelsea came calling.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mark said:

Only a few weeks ago the team sorted a meeting without the manager to get us over the line, they're not all going to be moping about suddenly. Better to go now with a full pre season to prepare than midway through the season with Vestergaard on a two deal extension and Sensi signed on the treatment table. It's not like we've a team proven in this league and ready made for success either, but when we did and Pearson left they didn't do too badly under the next manager. Basically, millionaire footballers are not attached to managers these days, it doesn't matter.

lol bit like when Cambiasso kept us up.

Honestly we would still be in the Championship if it wasn't for Enzo.

You mention about Ranieri but he was a class manager like Enzo and got the best out of the players.

• Like 2

Enzo is going to be a top manager but we don’t need this guy’s PR circus around the club. Just a matter of time before his lobbyist Balague, “Michael Thomas”, or someone else in his circle says or does something stupid and causes unnecessary controversy. 

I appreciate what Enzo did for the squad’s morale and how he rehabilitated a toxic changing room but he’s not the only manager in the world who knows what it takes for a football club to be successful. 

• Like 3

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

lol bit like when Cambiasso kept us up.

Honestly we would still be in the Championship if it wasn't for Enzo.

You mention about Ranieri but he was a class manager like Enzo and got the best out of the players.

Do you really think Enzo is the only person who could have gotten our side promoted this year?

He and we know the Chelsea job is incredible high risk. The offset is a huge pay day. Will he be afforded time? No.

If after 1 season with us he can't give up the first opportunity that comes your way then tells you 2 things. 

His ambition is far greater than a measured career path, if not this opportunity will take the next.

Or, we are far more screwed behind the scenes than anyone really could appreciate. 

The latter would be horrendous. Can live without Enzo.

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Really? Arteta went straight to Arsenal from being Peps no 2. Even in the old days the likes of Daglish went straight to a player manager role. This isn't unheard of. 

Think time working under Pep at Man City is seen as a very strong apprenticeship. Likewise McKenna's time at Man U will be looked in high regard. Both have experience at the biggest clubs, and have nailed their Championship seasons.

Think Enzo's stock is higher than many want to admit on here. 

I actually think Frank is the outlier in the mix. Don't for one minute think he is an option.

But for every success story, there are equal numbers of failures. You've raised Arteta who has done well. But you've got Kompany who flopped at Anderlecht, did well at Burnley championship wise but then spent £154m and took them down without a fight. Klopps academy coach (similar to Enzo's role at Man City) when to Blackpool and hasn't done anything. 

Both McKenna and Enzo did great last year, but neither have any prem experience. We've just seen a Pep disciple crash and burn. Maybe Enzo does great with the endless resources, or maybe he flops under the pressure. Seems odd that Chelsea would take a gamble on a manager fresh from the EFL rather than some of the more experienced names available on the continent. 

FWIW I'd rather take Frank, has done brilliantly at Brentford

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Jeevan’s back. 

We couldn’t offer him the same wages as Chelsea so thankfully I doubt we’d get into Rodgers territory on this one 

HOWEVER, if the noises from Stamford bridge are correct about directors being a little too involved in the dressing room then I suspect enzo won’t take the job there.  But his agent would be sure to use the situation to get him a way better deal here. 

• Like 3

Just now, st albans fox said:

We couldn’t offer him the same wages as Chelsea so thankfully I doubt we’d get into Rodgers territory on this one 

HOWEVER, if the noises from Stamford bridge are correct about directors being a little too involved in the dressing room then I suspect enzo won’t take the job there.  But his agent would be sure to use the situation to get him a way better deal here. 

I think I agree. 

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Jeevan’s back. 

good grief.

This gives me hope that even i could gain followers on Twitter....

• Haha 2