Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

We have, it’s just not been announced yet. It was sown up last month. 

We can’t sign anybody at the moment. We may have a verbal agreement with him, but that’s completely different. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

We couldn’t offer him the same wages as Chelsea so thankfully I doubt we’d get into Rodgers territory on this one 

HOWEVER, if the noises from Stamford bridge are correct about directors being a little too involved in the dressing room then I suspect enzo won’t take the job there.  But his agent would be sure to use the situation to get him a way better deal here. 

“We will discuss at the end of your contract Enzo“

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We can’t sign anybody at the moment. We may have a verbal agreement with him, but that’s completely different. 

I think we can sign people, we just can't register them..

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But for every success story, there are equal numbers of failures. You've raised Arteta who has done well. But you've got Kompany who flopped at Anderlecht, did well at Burnley championship wise but then spent £154m and took them down without a fight. Klopps academy coach (similar to Enzo's role at Man City) when to Blackpool and hasn't done anything. 

Both McKenna and Enzo did great last year, but neither have any prem experience. We've just seen a Pep disciple crash and burn. Maybe Enzo does great with the endless resources, or maybe he flops under the pressure. Seems odd that Chelsea would take a gamble on a manager fresh from the EFL rather than some of the more experienced names available on the continent. 

FWIW I'd rather take Frank, has done brilliantly at Brentford

But Kompany didn't go to one of the big clubs in England. Neither did Klopps academy coach. So the analogy doesn't work. The original point was saying that Chelsea shouldn't be looking at our calibre of manager. Thats simply wrong. 

Scary thing is, despite hiring Enzo only last year, with contractual terms with PL promotion in mind/the priority. there is suggestion we’ve already tried to better those terms before the Chelsea link. 

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

But Kompany didn't go to one of the big clubs in England. Neither did Klopps academy coach. So the analogy doesn't work. The original point was saying that Chelsea shouldn't be looking at our calibre of manager. Thats simply wrong. 

And I don't think they should be. It's taken 3/4 years at Arsenal for Arteta of unwavering support to get to competing. He wouldn't get that at Chelsea, so there's no point bringing in a young, upcoming manager.

For what Chelsea want, a young manager is not the best call 

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

Cant see enzo at Chelsea

If it's between McKenna and Maresca I can see Boehly picking Maresca purely because he's more exotic tbqh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’m honestly shocked he appears to be their first choice. I can only think top sides want Pep protégés. What else explains Chelsea pursuing Enzo and Bayern appointing Kompany (who has just had a team relegated!)?

McKenna seems to be their first choice. It looks like Enzo is their back-up plan. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

So no one knows and is just guessing given publicity to Chelsea 

Well I for one am horrified at the mere suggestion. 

Edited by Dahnsouff

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I guess we weren't linked with Kieran Mckenna were we 🤣

I don't think he would of came plus he would have struggled with our squad, we need a foreign manager that would get the respect of so many different internationals we have and then get them playing as a team.

Edited by whoareyaaa

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

What is astonishing is they have just parted ways with a manager that is better than all they are linked with.

Barmy.

Better how exactly? 

Was brilliant at Tottenham. Struggled massively at PSG. 

Didn't really set the world alight at Chelsea did he? 

Mckenna and Enzo both go on to have the same level of a career has Poch, if not better. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Better how exactly? 

Was brilliant at Tottenham. Struggled massively at PSG. 

Didn't really set the world alight at Chelsea did he? 

Mckenna and Enzo both go on to have the same level of a career has Poch, if not better. 

He is no worse than those two and has more experience