Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 minute ago, HitchinFox said:

I genuinely think we need to start challenging the idiots in the stands who groan and moan. 

And the "we're paying fans, we have an opinion" doesn't wash. Because let's face it – there are people at the KP who objectively do not understand what they are watching. 

Put it this way: paying for a ticket to the opera doesn't give a person the right to start shouting "rubbish - this isn't realistic at all! Less music and more acting!" during the performance. 

Ive fallen foul of the 'i've been coming 'ere 40 years - what do you know' a few times. You are right - most people have no idea what they are watching.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Getting concerned with the amount he gets pissed off when there's a poor reaction to us being shit. Think he'll be off at the first chance

Bet the Pearson lovers are creaming over this one, “bring him back, let’s play hoofball” get it forward!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's interesting because there were cases where people moaned about Rodger's dull brand of football and got spat on. Whilst i am not the biggest fan of possession football, Enzo's style is a lot more dynamic than Rodgers ball and yet it's apparently much more acceptable to moan about the style we are playing now than the one we were playing 1-2 seasons before it. Hopefully the atmosphere improves when we get promoted because it's put a dampener on an otherwise great season.

27 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I’m not defending those fans but his comment about winning 26 games from 34 being “not easy” is where I think Enzo needs to refrain from.

This starting 11 is bottom 6/8 PL standard at least.

Our wage bill is huge and 95% of clubs in the Championship are dross.

He did have a rotten mentality to deal with but just being a new voice helps with that in itself.

Do you think Rooney would have won 26 from 34 with this squad then?

• Like 4

We need to get behind Enzo like never before. He’s kept his side of deal. He literally couldn’t have delivered more. 

If you don’t like seeing how he has our team playing you may need to learn to see differently because not only is it effective it’s actually fascinating. 

• Like 1

Don't really understand what our fans expect/want. 

We are smashing the league with apparent ease. Yes the football can be boring at times but you can still see even when passing it around the back that there is a pattern and a plan to the play, compare that to the end times with Rodgers and our football under Puel where there didn't seem to be any plan we are in a much better position with Enzo as our manager.

Think I've just come around to the idea that a lot of our fan base just don't actually understand football.

Edited by Tazfox
  • Like 2

Last night felt like Blackburn away, and at the start of the season where we'd control large portions of the game, without seeming to do much, and then smash them at the end, walking away thinking "We've dominated that, but I get the feeling we didn't play that well".

But I love that we might have that killer instinct back we showed early in the season.

Swansea are shit though, so we'll see how things go.

The self entitled amongst us need to take a hard look at themselves. We are in the championship for a reason. The club was in a mess and it's finally starting to come out the other side. 

I'm sick of hearing 'these are rubbish we should be battering them 6 or 7'  since when has any team done that in the championship?! 

It's a tough league, probably top 6 in the world! And people just expect us to turn up and batter teams. 

I'm glad he is angry as a lot of fans share his feelings about our own fans. Never known anything like it. Can see us lifting the trophy in May and the stadium being half empty... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Last night felt like Blackburn away, and at the start of the season where we'd control large portions of the game, without seeming to do much, and then smash them at the end, walking away thinking "We've dominated that, but I get the feeling we didn't play that well".

But I love that we might have that killer instinct back we showed early in the season.

Swansea are shit though, so we'll see how things go.

I don't think they were. They actually played us at our game very well, it's just that they had little up front and a disaster waiting to happen at the back. They were patient in attack, rarely lost their shape and pressured us into making mistakes which led to them having fast transition chances which they weren't good enough to take.

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Personally I dont think Enzo will cut it in the Premier League. Our Football is too airy fairy and woke. We need to bring in someone like Warnock now so we have time to adjust and we'll have that hard edge to take on Premier League teams again. 

I know this is a Poe, but I actually think this isn't far away from what at least a fair few of the fanbase think when you get down to it.

4-4-2, direct, gerritFORWARD long ball is seen as "the English way", and so some people just want their team playing like that just because of that, even if it isn't as successful as other styles.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, jbflcfc said:

Bet the Pearson lovers are creaming over this one, “bring him back, let’s play hoofball” get it forward!!

Pearson actually had the same issues. We didn't ever play hoofball with Pearson and there was a significant amount of fans who also hated him (bizarrely). Nige and Enzo are actually from the same school of psychologically advanced coaches.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Personally I dont think Enzo will cut it in the Premier League. Our Football is too airy fairy and woke. We need to bring in someone like Warnock now so we have time to adjust and we'll have that hard edge to take on Premier League teams again. 

Agreed, I want to see some proper Stop the boats football once we get promoted. What's Pulis up to these days?

• Haha 2

I think this is all being exaggerated. Yes there is a minority of clowns and dinosaurs, but the reality is that if you have ambitions of challenging toward the top of the game you need to control the game - and therefore play like this. Just look at this season, the stats don’t lie.

I also think Enzo is exaggerating a little. Pep does this sort of thing from time to time. I think mainly to protect his players if they pick up that there are empty seats and to emphasize how good he is/they are etc 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck

Part of me wonders if Enzo is giving himself a potential escape route here as he recognises that it won't be so easy next year, especially if our finances are as chronic as they seem.  His stock is currently sky high and unblemished.

On the other hand, fans at the ground need to understand that they have a job to do.  They are not just spectators.  At the ground they need to back the team to the hilt.  If you want to have a moan, do it here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

We’d deserve whatever dross we’d get afterwards as well. But as long as the “lump it forwards” crowd are happy…

These comments are lazy.

I don't want to see us "lump it forwards" but we should play with more intensity and quicker football. There are times this season it's been good, but there are times when it's been boring too (we scored quickly yesterday and then Swansea grew into the game before we got a lucky penalty). We're top of the league, and, on top of that have players that are often better than those we come up against.

As for all the "we will get what we wish for" regarding Enzo. He's inherited one of the best squad's this division has ever seen, anywhere other than top 3 would be disappointing for us. He isn't working miracles. That's on top of our budget and facilities compared to the rest of the league.

We still concede far to many chances but luckily the opposition haven't great quality. Finishing is the difference between this league and the Premier League. Enzo hasn't even managed in the PL yet so he can go through all this "I will leave" ideas about all he likes.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Part of me wonders if Enzo is giving himself a potential escape route here as he recognises that it won't be so easy next year, especially if our finances are as chronic as they seem.  His stock is currently sky high and unblemished.

On the other hand, fans at the ground need to understand that they have a job to do.  They are not just spectators.  At the ground they need to back the team to the hilt.  If you want to have a moan, do it here.

He's a scholar of the game. A proper proper soccer nerd. 

Do you think the masses were booing and criticising Da Vinci as he was painting the Mona Lisa? How would he have reacted if they did?

Bloke in front of me was fuming every time the ball went backwards yesterday, bemoaning the "sh*t football". 

I just think some people's football IQ is pretty low and expect you to run at teams every single time you have the ball. 

Edited by Ian Nacho