Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

IMO No managers reputation is ever tarnished by taking on Chelsea.

Modern Chelsea managers go with no real expectation  other than to be sacked early and then a couple years down the track they have "big epl club" on their resume.

1 hour ago, ronnup said:

The De Zerbi thing is weird, if he left Brighton due to their transfer policy....

Well by all accounts De Zerbi wanted to sign more established players rather than wonderkids/potential, which Chelsea may well be more inclined to do now 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Well by all accounts De Zerbi wanted to sign more established players rather than wonderkids/potential, which Chelsea may well be more inclined to do now 🤷🏻‍♂️

I doubt they can though, is the point. 

McKenna prefers Manchester United, and they have sounded him out. Think he ends up their and Chelsea will then fully focus on Maresca. By next week hopefully this will be resolved either way. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

McKenna prefers Manchester United, and they have sounded him out. Think he ends up their and Chelsea will then fully focus on Maresca. By next week hopefully this will be resolved either way. 

I was hoping United would go for Southgate , with hilarious consequences 

Chelsea will get De Zerbi eventually I imagine, McKenna to Man Utd or maybe Poch if they are feeling particularly unimaginative and Enzo will likely remain here for now.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Chelsea will get De Zerbi eventually I imagine, McKenna to Man Utd or maybe Poch if they are feeling particularly unimaginative and Enzo will likely remain here for now.

De Zerbi rumoured to be going to AC Milan.

Edited by Happy Fox

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/28123175/chelsea-hold-maresca-talks-exclusive/

CHELSEA have held talks with Leicester City boss Enzo Maresca as they step up their search for a new manager.

Maresca is one of three leading candidates for the role, alongside Ipswich's Kieran McKenna and Brentford's Thomas Frank.

There is no clear favourite between the trio at this stage - but Maresca was encouraged by the early talks.

The Italian, who moved to the King Power from Manchester City's coaching staff, has a £10million release clause in his deal.

Chelsea are yet to discuss the fine details of a contract with the 44-year-old, though it is thought he would get a longer deal than Mauricio Pochettino's contract of two years with an option

23 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Are you suggesting he'd stay if we had money to spend? 

I don't think it's that, I think it's more the fact that the board didn't seem to tell him the full picture about our finances.

Which isn't a surprising notion, given that it's exactly what they did to Rodgers.

It's got to be frustrating to spend time and effort planning for a scenario, only to have the rug pulled.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

“I’ve had a great day, and would like to donate my warnock to charity”

What has charity ever done to you?!

• Haha 2

Chelsea The Blues Army  · 

Follow
  · 

Enzo Maresca suits our squad. He has worked with Palmer and Lavia. Plus Shield, our best recruiter worked at City Academy with him and understands his demands.
Plays dynamic football geared towards dominating possession, overloading the midfield to sustain possession and stop transitions with inverted FB.
His possession is not dull, they buy their time and wait for openings or opportunities for players to make runs from deep. If there is a stat for third-man runs into the final third, they should be high up there in Europe.
Leicester have the best defence in the Championship and second-best attack despite their lack of squad depth that nearly cost them at the end. That squad wasn't elite for his football in any way. To get the players playing well within a few months surprised a lot of people, including me.
Centre-backs were Faes and Vestergaard. DM was Winks. Ndidi and Dewsbury-Hall as 8s. Vardy was injured or on the bench for almost 70% of the season. Plus two inexperienced wingers.
The point is, he can do a lot better with a squad that suits his football if well-backed.
I think his football is modern and dynamic with a lot of control and movements. I love my team to be dynamic and unpredictable.
He's not supposed to be my top choice or in the top 5 for Chelsea, but I have watched Leicester this season and admired his football, and feel his style suits our players. I don't think they will struggle to grasp it.
In the current shortlist, he's my absolute favourite, ahead of McKenna.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, davieG said:

Follow
  · 

Enzo Maresca suits our squad. He has worked with Palmer and Lavia. Plus Shield, our best recruiter worked at City Academy with him and understands his demands.
Plays dynamic football geared towards dominating possession, overloading the midfield to sustain possession and stop transitions with inverted FB.
His possession is not dull, they buy their time and wait for openings or opportunities for players to make runs from deep. If there is a stat for third-man runs into the final third, they should be high up there in Europe.
Leicester have the best defence in the Championship and second-best attack despite their lack of squad depth that nearly cost them at the end. That squad wasn't elite for his football in any way. To get the players playing well within a few months surprised a lot of people, including me.
Centre-backs were Faes and Vestergaard. DM was Winks. Ndidi and Dewsbury-Hall as 8s. Vardy was injured or on the bench for almost 70% of the season. Plus two inexperienced wingers.
The point is, he can do a lot better with a squad that suits his football if well-backed.
I think his football is modern and dynamic with a lot of control and movements. I love my team to be dynamic and unpredictable.
He's not supposed to be my top choice or in the top 5 for Chelsea, but I have watched Leicester this season and admired his football, and feel his style suits our players. I don't think they will struggle to grasp it.

That type of thinking won’t go down well on here with the gerrit forward massive 😂

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

IMO No managers reputation is ever tarnished by taking on Chelsea.

Modern Chelsea managers go with no real expectation  other than to be sacked early and then a couple years down the track they have "big epl club" on their resume.

I’d say Poch’s reputation hasn’t been enhanced by him taking over Chelsea. Same for Potter. The most memorable thing about Potter during his Chelsea time was his ‘glow up.’ His football reputation was at its peak just as he left Brighton and it dipped with his sacking and after what de Zerbi did with Potter’s squad of players at Brighton. The Chelsea job also pretty much ended Lampard’s career as a potential top level manager.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Personally I am somewhat indifferent about Maresca going if does as long as we get someone good who will keep us up. What is grating on me is, it's Chelsea. The one club I really hate everything about. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

If, IF, Enzo has held talks, hopefully he gets it because who wants someone here who does not want to be here and whom the players will know was out talking to another club.

• Like 4

I imagine he impressed them with the performance at Stamford Bridge in the cup. Whatever happens here it’s clear to me that he’ll jump ship as soon as the chance comes. Hope there’s a contingency in place already 

14 minutes ago, davieG said:

Follow
  · 

There are plenty of good points in there, but calling Enzos football dynamic while with us, is perhaps stretching it a bit.

We were actually much more dynamic in the games where we didn't control possession, and were able to counter attack, which given his after match comments, was not to his liking.

Of course he will have much better quality of squad to try and implement what he wants at Chesea, but I still doubt the football will be dynamic.

I wouldn't even say Man City play football in a dynamic way.

They wear you down with their quality.

If it is dynamic football they want, then McKenna is there man over Enzo.