Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Just now, ronnup said:

Southgate to Leicester a day before the season starts with a depleted squad. Henderson last minute deal.

I can see it.. 

Certainly would make a barnstorming start to our Netflix series!

12 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

I imagine he impressed them with the performance at Stamford Bridge in the cup

What? He messed up his subs and used too many intervals, then with the subs he made the game into an attack vs defence training session. Enzo demonstrated his lack of flexibility that day. However, I’m sure he’s impressed them over the season with a system that could work with a club who have a big budget. I don’t know where I stand on him staying but my biggest hope is that the hierarchy protect the club.

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I don't think it's that, I think it's more the fact that the board didn't seem to tell him the full picture about our finances.

Which isn't a surprising notion, given that it's exactly what they did to Rodgers.

It's got to be frustrating to spend time and effort planning for a scenario, only to have the rug pulled.

Yeah but what I'm saying is even if the board didn't do all of what you've said, he's off to Chelsea regardless if he's wanted by them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Chelsea The Blues Army  · 

Follow
  · 

Enzo Maresca suits our squad. He has worked with Palmer and Lavia. Plus Shield, our best recruiter worked at City Academy with him and understands his demands.
Plays dynamic football geared towards dominating possession, overloading the midfield to sustain possession and stop transitions with inverted FB.
His possession is not dull, they buy their time and wait for openings or opportunities for players to make runs from deep. If there is a stat for third-man runs into the final third, they should be high up there in Europe.
Leicester have the best defence in the Championship and second-best attack despite their lack of squad depth that nearly cost them at the end. That squad wasn't elite for his football in any way. To get the players playing well within a few months surprised a lot of people, including me.
Centre-backs were Faes and Vestergaard. DM was Winks. Ndidi and Dewsbury-Hall as 8s. Vardy was injured or on the bench for almost 70% of the season. Plus two inexperienced wingers.
The point is, he can do a lot better with a squad that suits his football if well-backed.
I think his football is modern and dynamic with a lot of control and movements. I love my team to be dynamic and unpredictable.
He's not supposed to be my top choice or in the top 5 for Chelsea, but I have watched Leicester this season and admired his football, and feel his style suits our players. I don't think they will struggle to grasp it.
In the current shortlist, he's my absolute favourite, ahead of McKenna.

Despite the lack of squad depth is rather subjective, but from a Chelsea fan understandable 

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Who from?

Enzo himself.

If he really wants to stay himself, you'd imagine he would've said so by now?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Enzo himself.

Not really. Managers rarely make public statements when they’ve linked with other jobs, especially during close season when they’re not being asked about them in press conferences. 

I think Enzo is most deffo going Chelsea, and I think it will be a disaster for him, because whilst he's a terrific coach, and his ideas are sound, he has a lot to learn in terms of tactics and in game management at the highest level, and if he thinks he's had a hard time from our fans this season which caused all sorts of drama, he's in for a shock if things begin to slide at Chelsea.

Enzo can go on to be an elite manager, but he should deffo tread carefully. Managing us this season gives him a chance to get a taste of Premier League football without tarnishing his reputation should he fail, however it could go terribly wrong at Chelsea I think if the players don't buy into his style.

Another point of interest is how we all feel, if he isn't given the job. Is he going to say he wasn't interested anyway? If it comes out he deffo did go for it as looks likely, how are we as fans, and the players going to feel knowing he'd rather be elsewhere?

Posted (edited)

Enzo is keeping his options open and seeing how things play out.

Sensible negotiating strategy. He  gets improved terms + more power here or improved terms and a move - win win from his perspective. Albeit we know Chelsea is a poison chalice if he isn’t immediately successful 

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

You have to wonder whether the board might not be too upset if Enzo leaves.

£10m cash in the bank before 30 June to help meet PSR target / reduce any potential deficit.

Remove the problem of a manager demanding change in the offices / football decision making department and bring in someone who is perhaps just happy to manage in the prem.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

Even if he stays he’s gone and flirted with the first pretty girl who has showed him a bit of leg, so clearly isn’t faithful. Tbh I’m coming round to the idea of him leaving now as opposed to another time when someone else comes knocking or we have to pay him off.

You can't blame Enzo at all. The guy takes the gig here, seemingly 'misinformed' about the rather perilous state of the finances. Then does a decent job getting us promoted, especially seeing as we can't splash out the £2m or so required for a much-needed midfield reinforcement in the January transfer window. Presumably, he's now been given the lowdown on the financial restrictions we may face in this transfer market and that there may be a need to sell KDH, against both the player and the manager's wishes. If we are going to have a budget transfer window, he might not be willing to risk his reputation on a potential Sheffield United level relegation. I don't think we'll be that bad, nor that the restrictions will be as catastrophic as some may fear but there are more attractive options out there for him. 

Plus if we get the £7.5m for him we can then just put that straight into the accounts and get Rudkin to be the manager..

5 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Even if he stays he’s gone and flirted with the first pretty girl who has showed him a bit of leg, so clearly isn’t faithful. Tbh I’m coming round to the idea of him leaving now as opposed to another time when someone else comes knocking or we have to pay him off.

Why what has he said or done ?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Do you let your bosses and the whole company know when your interviewing for other jobs? 

56 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Enzo himself.

I don’t hear anything from the McKenna either!

18 minutes ago, Claridge said:

I can't for the life of me see why Chelsea think Enzo is the man they need

me neither, and if I was a chelsea fan I wouldnt want to watch the style of play either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Yeah but what I'm saying is even if the board didn't do all of what you've said, he's off to Chelsea regardless if he's wanted by them.

Ah got you.

It's hard not to see that being the outcome if he's offered it, and he can point to all the things his mate Guillem's been laying out as the reason.

Which would be a big kick in the bollocks for the squad, morale-wise.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Why what has he said or done ?

Well he’s certainly not denied it and according to Romano is “super keen”. Obviously it’s all speculation but all points to him having his head turned. And up to a point who can blame him!

IMG_6473.jpeg