Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

If he goes to Chelsea, he has only a short time to introduce Enzo-ball.  There is a good chance he will be gone before the Christmas lights are taken down.   The Chelsea owners do not understand that success takes more than 6 months.

If he goes, I wish him well.  If Rudkin goes at the same time, then the blow will be massively softened for most of us.   

Our aim next season is to avoid relegation.  Just hope it is sorted next week one way or another.  If recruitment can find the next Mahrez/Kante/Fofana/Vardy/Abdul, then we can give it a shot. 

3 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Doesn’t sit well with me that we are just waiting for Chelsea’s decision … we better be sounding out candidates 

Of course, but behind the scenes we probably are.

With a manager in place, I completely understand that any review of possible and potentially available replacements will be conducted out of public view as far as is possible 

1 hour ago, shen said:

Of Tuchel, Pochettino, Potter, Lampard, Sarri, Conte and Hiddink, whose reputation has notably suffered? None, really. You could argue that Lampard and Potter haven't enhanced it, but it's not exactly a poisoned chalice. 

And it's been the reality for most top club managers that time is not an afforded luxury - and in turn it's also a lucrative cycle to get fired and rehired on a yearly basis, so I don't see the catch here.

it's just more ironic you mention United when that has been a graveyard for managers and players far longer than Chelsea.

But conversely, why should Enzo show much loyalty? If the top HAD been upfront with him (and I think it's even more important to be frank with your managers and employees than your supporters) he would feel less likely to leave.

It's not at all pertinent to compare Enzo's position as an employee to that of a fan.

Also bizarre to hold him solely accountable for two subpar signings. Firstly, that's not on him alone - if at all on him. Secondly, it discounts the other solid signings made. Thirdly, we achieved promotion which was far more important long term than this outlay.

Potter literally hasn't worked since

15 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

Of course, but behind the scenes we probably are.

With a manager in place, I completely understand that any review of possible and potentially available replacements will be conducted out of public view as far as is possible 

It wouldn’t surprise me with this board if they haven’t contacted anyone. They are genuinely that incompetent 

20 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Potter literally hasn't worked since

Rumours were he would forfeit his severance salary is he took another job. So whilst he could be picky, very unlikely there was another job out there paying as much as he was getting for doing nothing. 

34 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

It’s quite obviously going to be De Zerbi. The new Chelsea ownership are obsessed with Brighton 

And us over the years, can't stand them.

Drinky, Fofona, Chilwell, Kante now they are unsettling us with Enzo

• Like 1

Just now, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I’m intrigued on why Fabrizio is so fixated on Enzo rather than the rest of the candidates though? Is it because he’s the only one talking about Enzo compared to others media outlets?

…because he relies on communication from agents and clearly Enzo’s agent is being very open that Enzo is available and wants to work in the Premier League.

40 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

It’s quite obviously going to be De Zerbi. The new Chelsea ownership are obsessed with Brighton 

It makes too much sense not to be him. Proven premier league experience, proven philosophy that’s worked in the prem. Plus many would say Enzo’s style of play is based of De Zerbi rather than Pep’s.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://x.com/frazfletcher/status/1794698508815290478?s=46

Obviously it isn’t certain that Enzo gets selected following the Chelsea interview process but, if he loses out and stays at Citeh will he be able to move on, knuckle down and be committed?

Also the last thing we need is for Rudders to be trying to sort out contract renewals, player incomings and exits at the same time as potentially recruiting a new manager.  

Edited by JimmyC74

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

And us over the years, can't stand them.

Drinky, Fofona, Chilwell, Kante now they are unsettling us with Enzo

Their only impactful signing was Kante. Fofana is a moving hospital department, Chilwell will never progress/improve as a player, Drinkwater oh well I don't even need to comment on this one. 

Chelsea's current ownership don't have a clue about football. Abramovich despite all his flaws and character had a very decent knowledge of the sport. 

I don't think Chelsea will appoint Enzo but I don't want him here. If Enzo is considering other options he needs to speak out, timescales are limited because of Euro 2024. Transfers will be also limited until July, Top needs to step up and tell us what's the plan. There's no time waiting for any Enzo to decide, we simply don't have time. 

5 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

It makes too much sense not to be him. Proven premier league experience, proven philosophy that’s worked in the prem. Plus many would say Enzo’s style of play is based of De Zerbi rather than Pep’s.

What makes me laugh is people point to our bad spell as a reason why Enzo is inappropriate. DZ has stunk the league out 2nd half of the season. Absolutely stunk it with horrendous relegation form that they never dug themselves out of. Go look at the 10 game form table. 

And people come on here and say what DZ has done us ‘worked’. DZ and Chelsea deserve each other. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

De Zerbi isn't an idiot. He'll take into consideration what Poch said about Chelsea's ownership and management. I think De Zerbi will be the next Bayern manager. 

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

De Zerbi isn't an idiot. He'll take into consideration what Poch said about Chelsea's ownership and management. I think De Zerbi will be the next Bayern manager. 

Kompany has already agreed a deal with Bayern so that’s not happening. 

• Thanks 1

Enzo is actually condemning us to relegation at this stage , Players will need to run through brick walls next season to stay up , No one is running through a brick wall for a manager who is desperate to leave now 

I just want him gone so we can get someone in ASAP 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Ceefax will tell you that job is gone 

At this point I couldn’t care if he goes or stays as long as a decision is made quickly. Obviously I want Enzo to stay from a stability perspective plus I like the guy and his aura.

Im also intrigued if his style of play will work in the prem, which I do believe it will as they’ll be more space to play into and less need to break sides down with 10 men behind the ball.

Regardless, if he wants to go then good luck to him and I will be grateful for last year and I’ll look forward to us getting someone new in and the transfers that come with that. It’s not worth the hatred or loss of heads that many have on here to be honest.

• Thanks 1