Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

16 hours ago, JimJams said:

They've literally appointed one manager. Pochettino. And his stock doesn't seem to have fallen massively.

Did they not appoint Potter and Lampard then? 

9 hours ago, Wymsey said:

In what way?

Likely tied one hand behind his back by lumbering us with a points deduction, thereby stacking the odds against him for his first season in the Prem?

6 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Genuinely asking as i'm not sure if I've missed something, but has there actually been evidence that the club lied/misled Enzo? or is this all just Enzo's pet in the media telling us that? 

Thought this myself. Enzo would have had to have just beamed in from a different planet not to know of our financial problems before taking the job. 

We were already about £130m in losses for previous two years before he took the job, already well over the permitted figure before  the last set of results which were known to be further losses. 

I personally think Chelsea is a bit of poisoned chalice insofar as their owners don’t seem to give new managers any time.

I hope Enzo stays, but if he goes so be it. I won’t be gutted, just say good luck and thanks for last year. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mod hero said:

If it’s true Enzo’s been interviewed and he clearly wants it which is understandable…

if he’s unsuccessful and doesn’t get the Chelsea gig how do you think our fans will take it? Knowing he’s flirted with another club and didn’t get the job he wanted.

I wouldn’t say it’s any different to KDH being on a list for  Man United and then not being picked.

Personally, the way he knuckled down and got on with it after the January window disappointment shows me that we don’t need to worry about his professionalism..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Thought this myself. Enzo would have had to have just beamed in from a different planet not to know of our financial problems before taking the job. 

We were already about £130m in losses for previous two years before he took the job, already well over the permitted figure before  the last set of results which were known to be further losses. 

I personally think Chelsea is a bit of poisoned chalice insofar as their owners don’t seem to give new managers any time.

I hope Enzo stays, but if he goes so be it. I won’t be gutted, just say good luck and thanks for last year. 

and yet he will also have been told about the 87m transfer surplus and would have thought that would have cancelled the losses out..

7 hours ago, MPH said:

Do you not see the bizare logic in this post?

yes, several reputable sources have shared that what has been said is true.

however, you can’t dispute a source just because you don’t like them. Track record is everything. That’s what makes them reputable.

I don’t see it as bizarre logic really, I don’t trust Balague, just as I don’t trust other media outlets. If all of them are saying the same thing it will have more merit, when I said media pet I was talking specifically about Balague who is very clearly a mouthpiece for Enzo who has been pushing a narrative for weeks. It could easily be true but if he’s the only source I’d question it which was my point. 

If reputable sources have shared it then that’s fair enough and it’s bang out of order from the club, I hadn’t really kept up with that. 

Posted (edited)

What are the Chelsea fans saying? Whatever we think, Chelsea are a massive club, with massive budget. I'm curious on how Chelsea fans are with a potential rookie manager with no premier league experience taking over as manager. I personally would be questioning the decision even for it to be considered.

The players there sounded like they took to Pouch well, and it was looking that way on the pitch in the last few games as well. I would have said there was a solid foundation for next season for them. Now it's a massive uncertainty with a potential rookie taking over. It's a big gamble that could back fire for everyone, and may well affected heavily and define our season back. We'll need the NP spirit in the team of 2015 to keep us up. 

Edited by fox_favourite

It'll work well at Chelsea for him. 

Ben Chilwell will be out the door. Probably end up somewhere like Everton or West Ham. 

Colwill will be his left back come LCB. 

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

99% of players/coaches/managers would jump to a top 6 club from a lower side 

I have an inkling that Rudkin has been sniffing his farts enough to believe that this isn’t the case

Not fussed either way if he stays or goes. With the right players following his plan A, could be a success. With his game management and lack of plan B, could be sacked by both Leicester and Chelsea early into the season. 

Just hope it is resolved this week, so if leaving, we can ensure the new manager has a say on player contracts issued out and new players coming in 

Be a shame not to see how he would develop the side in the prem, but there are plenty of good mangers available. Just have to pray the club are prepared...