Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I am enjoying it.

I wish people would give their heads a wobble and realise the difference. 

I go home and away, I enjoy it 90% of the time, sometimes I don’t. Was I enjoying walking out of Hillsborough having conceded? No. Was I enjoying walking out of The Hawthorns having won? Yes.

I can be critical and enjoy it. I’ve done that with every manger we’ve ever had while I’ve supported the club. 

That’s fair enough

44 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

At times I'd like us to be quicker. I think yesterday was a good example, last 30 mins of the first half, we went backwards a lot (which is okay) but it was all to slow.

I actually think Enzo agrees with you. The beautiful razor sharp passes through the lines are what he wants to see, the passing around just a way to position the pieces to allow that.

I’d suggest your disappointment and his would be when we don’t spot the opportunity and carry on with the sideways passing. 

Just a case of experience / practice / training / correct players to get it more consistently executed

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Tbh, if you don't like this style of play then it's time to **** off and support a different club, because it's not changing. You weirdos hound Enzo out because it's not blood and thunder stop the boats ball, you'll get another Puel.

It's been 7 years since we sacked Ranieri 6 and half since Shakespeare, in that time we've gone from Puel to Rodgers to Enzo, and while each have executed it to varying degrees of success, they've been managers who've believed in possession football and death by a thousand passes. This is clearly what the higher ups at the club believe in and will make it the "Leicester way". Life as primarily a counter attacking side isn't coming back and you need to accept that or stop coming to games 

Who’s hounding him out lol. Seriously what an OTT post and there’s many on here daily!

You may as well shut the forum down if everyone is only allowed to say how wonderful everything is and not acknowledge the positives but also balance that with where things should and could improve!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I'm not even talking about aggressive tackles though. Just players challenging each other, it's all keeping shape and blocking off passing lanes. There are just generally very few  50 50 duels or loose balls that players are battling for. Risk averse passing, waiting for the other team to make a mistake. If you do lose the ball, then it's 11 men behind the ball quickly then we get to watch the other team pass the ball for a minute or two waiting for a player to lose their man. Even then, a lot of the time, the receiving player has nowhere to go and then just recycles the ball back to the defence.

It all stems back to how the game is officiated though for me. The reason you don’t see many challenges anymore is because football can barely still be considered a contact sport at this point, even shoulder to shoulder contact now is often blown for fouls. We are at the point where you can be booked/sent off for making an attempted challenge where you’ve not made contact with an opponent if the referee deems it reckless or dangerous. So you can see why players and managers are risk averse because it all goes back to the strictness of officiating and the constant drive to eliminate contact from the game. 

15 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Who’s hounding him out lol. Seriously what an OTT post and there’s many on here daily!

You may as well shut the forum down if everyone is only allowed to say how wonderful everything is and not acknowledge the positives but also balance that with where things should and could improve!

This has literally been prompted by him talking about walking the moment people no longer believe in his way in relation to fans constantly grumbling about his way. Put the pieces together, it's a kids first jigsaw level puzzle

29 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Maybe I just haven’t seen the “I will leave” persona and that’s why I don’t have anything but positive sentiment towards him.

Why has he given you this impression??

Just the things he says, I feel he comes across as if he will walk if people carry on showing frustration at games. But I think he's got to realise why some people do get frustrated and don't like the sideways and backwards slow passing.

Or maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick.

I think all managers struggle with fans frustrations regardless of league position. You only have to look at how Pep, Klopp, Mourinho and even Fergie have all questioned their fanbases over time. Sometimes fans do want a bit more and I think that's fine.

I don't think alot of fans are disappointed with our possession style of football, more with the decision making. Yesterday I heard  audible signs of disapproval twice, once when we had a throwin in a dangerous position near the Swansea penalty box, and the ball ends up with Mads after a string of backward passes. He then hoofs the ball to nobody. The other was when we won the ball near the halfway line, Praet gets the ball, he has 2 players in space ahead of him and one to the side. He just turns around and plays it back to Vesty. I think that kind of negative play even frustrates Enzo and he shows it on the touchline. I feel if we get promoted, we'll see alot more direct football like we saw in the first 15mins against Swansea, as most PL teams play with a really high line.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

This has literally been prompted by him talking about walking the moment people no longer believe in his way in relation to fans constantly grumbling about his way. Put the pieces together, it's a kids first jigsaw level puzzle

Yeah and for me, he’s being far too overly sensitive!

I am fine with his ‘way’. Yes I’d prefer we take our chances earlier in games but I don’t have a problem with it.

But I think there is an over sensitivity around the club from Top to Enzo to supporters like yourself where nobody can deviate from the line of everything is perfect all the time!

1 minute ago, LCFCJohn said:

Yeah and for me, he’s being far too overly sensitive!

I am fine with his ‘way’. Yes I’d prefer we take our chances earlier in games but I don’t have a problem with it.

But I think there is an over sensitivity around the club from Top to Enzo to supporters like yourself where nobody can deviate from the line of everything is perfect all the time!

Literally not the case, I was one of the biggest bad mouthers of Rodgers last season and called relegation in the first week of the season if he wasn't sacked. I've been critical of some of the game management this season particularly how it seems subs are preplanned at times, but criticise where criticism is actually warranted, and criticism of the style of play under Enzo from the "just **** it forward" bridge is not even remotely warranted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Literally not the case, I was one of the biggest bad mouthers of Rodgers last season and called relegation in the first week of the season if he wasn't sacked. I've been critical of some of the game management this season particularly how it seems subs are preplanned at times, but criticise where criticism is actually warranted, and criticism of the style of play under Enzo from the "just **** it forward" bridge is not even remotely warranted.

Ok fair 👍

I agree with this. My point is that, in my perception at least, the extreme you are referring to at the end of your post here is a minority in the same way those desperate for Rodgers to stay at the end was.

I think the majority of balanced supporters, can be happy with what we are seeing whilst acknowledging the areas for improvement as you have highlighted some of. Finishing of chances is another one.

My point is, I just think he is being overly sensitive to what is likely a minority. I’d like to think he can appreciate that the vast majority are behind him.

If the problem is that a lot of this minority make up a disproportionate amount of our regular in stadium support, well maybe they do need to get a new interest. But it doesn’t justify Enzo saying he’ll walk etc for me.

58 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I don't think alot of fans are disappointed with our possession style of football, more with the decision making. Yesterday I heard  audible signs of disapproval twice, once when we had a throwin in a dangerous position near the Swansea penalty box, and the ball ends up with Mads after a string of backward passes. He then hoofs the ball to nobody. The other was when we won the ball near the halfway line, Praet gets the ball, he has 2 players in space ahead of him and one to the side. He just turns around and plays it back to Vesty. I think that kind of negative play even frustrates Enzo and he shows it on the touchline. I feel if we get promoted, we'll see alot more direct football like we saw in the first 15mins against Swansea, as most PL teams play with a really high line.

I’m absolutely bought into Enzo’s football… but even I found those two examples frustrating.

It’s down to individual decisions, like you say, and nothing is ever going to be perfect. People make mistakes. If they didn’t the game would be very boring!! 

3 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It also brings into focus this weird thing some fans seem to have that they are entitled to be "entertained." If you want to be entertained, go to the cinema or theatre. I don't believe going the football is entertainment but going by the state of our home support, many have become convinced it is. 

Wait, what? 

What do you class football as if you don’t consider it as being in the entertainment business? 

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

Regardless of the type of football, players are going to make mistakes.  We need to aspire to have better player than Praet anyhow so lets not use him as some sort of guage for how good we are. Mads has been brilliant for us, but he's still young and is going to make mistakes as well.

Lets not assume Enzo has all the tools he wants and this is working how he wants too. It could take him a few years to get anywhere near that.

4 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

If the system wasn't working and we were tenth say, then fine. But it is and we're not, so what is really the problem? What is the alternative that the apparent footballing theologians in the stands and the forum are suggesting we adopt? 

The problem is stands full of people that have pretty much seen it all, young people barely getting a chance to go. Many are so used to success, they want a little bit more than that now. Greedy, entitled, call it what you will but I think that's fairly natural. 

• Like 1

I’ve mentioned this in the other Enzo thread but it’s likely to get lost because everyone is losing their minds but he’s a Napoli fan.

I Wonder if they have already tapped him up for the summer.

I mean Walter Mazzarri is just a stop-gap head coach for them at the moment so it’s very plausible.

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’ve mentioned this in the other Enzo thread but it’s likely to get lost because everyone is losing their minds but he’s a Napoli fan.

I mean Walter Mazzarri is just a stop-gap head coach for them at the moment so it’s very plausible.

Italian clubs are skint mate. They probably wouldn't pay him the salary that we are. 

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

He will want a good 2-3 years here as his last managerial adventure was a disaster. If he walks from here at the first sign of trouble after 12 months, then he's probably finished in terms of going onto bigger things should it not work out at the next club. Nobody is going hire a person like that. 

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

He will want a good 2-3 years here as his last managerial adventure was a disaster. If he walks from here at the first sign of trouble after 12 months, then he's probably finished in terms of going onto bigger things should it not work out at the next club. Nobody is going hire a person like that. 

Could flip it and say if he goes Napoli and does well then City have their Pep replacement. 

19 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Italian clubs are skint mate. They probably wouldn't pay him the salary that we are. 

Napoli are one of the few with cash in the bank and set to have even more with the pending sale of Osimhen

8 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Absolutely not. You still have to execute it, and he is right, its not easy. In fact - i think he is being far too nice about it.

Everyone raves about Leeds, but they sit 4th, and unless they put a stella run of results together will have to settle for playoffs. Thats what happens when you don't execute this as well as you can. The 3 relegated teams were 'all too good for this league'. Yet only one can sit top, 10 points clear with a goal difference that embaresses everyone else.

As for wage bills etc, that's nothing to do with Enzo. Instead, its a hangover from the past regime. His performances shouldn't be held to account because past leadership decided to pay dross too much.

Makes me feel sad that there are supporters who feel he can't even express (even a little bit lightly) that he might actually think he has done well. Pathetic.

Recent history suggests that our recent league positions for the past 10 or so years are that we had/have a better squad than Leeds though.

I’m actually in agreement with 90% of what you replied with for the record and not commenting on our style of play/Enzo ball merely stating that any manager who inherited this squad has a luxury that not many Championship managers has ever found themselves in.

54 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

For some reason I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves at the end of the season.

Some of the outburst sounds like frustration from the lack of January incomings 

Well we don’t need to be throwing money around in January especially when the team is clearly good enough already, with a nice cushion at the top. So if that is the reason he leaves it is a very stupid one. Understandable if he isn’t backed in the summer though 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...