Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Would be interesting to know how much pure profit we need to generate to avoid PSL breach in this years accounts. Could potentially be a big help towards KDH sticking around if we could manage to get there with moving a couple of others on for smaller profit margins. 

7 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Amongst some of the fanbase. Rightly or wrongly they’ll see it as a half hearted from here 

Why because he's interested in managing one of the biggest clubs in the world on a monster salary?

He's clearly a committed bloke. Anyone thinking Enzo is half hearted isn't thinking properly.

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wait. Sorry. 

.... You think Enzo gets Romano to tweet for him? You seriously believe that? 

Romano is a social media content creator who is just producing content. It's literally his job. There are frequent, regular updates because every single time he does it gets a mountain of retweets, replies, likes, etc. 

It's the next Chelsea manager, it's one of the biggest stories of the summer. He's not promoting Enzo, he's not promoting any particular manager, he's just spamming messages to make revenue. It's his job. 

If he does post about Enzo more than Mckenna it'll only be because Leicester has a much bigger social media following than Ipswich. 

Yes - it's quite clear Romano is used by agents and by default players and managers. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why because he's interested in managing one of the biggest clubs in the world on a monster salary?

He's clearly a committed bloke. Anyone thinking Enzo is half hearted isn't thinking properly.

I agree but a lot won’t see it like that. 

25 minutes ago, mod hero said:

If he does go chances are we get a manager who likes to play with proper full backs 🫡

Issue with that is, we'd need to splash out on at least 2 new full backs. Ricardo and Justin's legs probably can't hack the physical demands of it at PL level any more.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I see nothing worthy of getting upset about here. I know it's silly season on here but I think people need to chill out a bit

Enzo would be a fool not to want the Chelsea job if they offer it to him

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

But look at the bigger picture for our club.  

We are newly promoted, we have a settled style of playing, the current management team know the impending sanctions that are coming…. Whereas a new manager is a whole new style of play, a whole new regime to get used to. Some may not want the job simply because of what lies ahead of us as a club. We need stability more than ever. This doesn’t give us that. 

Both right.

We desperately need that stability this summers of all summers, even if there are plenty of doubts about Enzo. That unity and spirit could be the difference between staying up.

But, he's had 1 season in management, and whilst successful, it wasn't a particularly difficult job so he'd be a fool to turn down Chelsea. Even if it goes wrong, it won't affect his reputation too much so I'd hold no I'll feeling towards him if he took the job

• Like 1

The longer this goes on the harder it will be for us to plan for next season.

Enzo, has to come clean and tell the board he wants to go so we start planning our next move.

If he does want to go, then it's pointless keeping him at the club.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yes - it's quite clear Romano is used by agents and by default players and managers. 

Believe he's admitted as such in the past. Some players, agents contact him to big up certain issues/stories 

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Never really thought about this that much but it's obvious isn't it that there most be some money in it for him, he tweets so much

Regardless of how we feel it will go for Enzo at Chelsea, he'll take that job if offered, 100% certain he will.

My concern is our succession planning.

I hope we don't piss about trying to get Potter if it is not going to happen.

Who wouldn’t want to manage Chelsea nice big wages for 6 months worth of work then a big pay off and then a year or 2 to chill if you want to. 

7 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

The longer this goes on the harder it will be for us to plan for next season.

Enzo, has to come clean and tell the board he wants to go so we start planning our next move.

If he does want to go, then it's pointless keeping him at the club.

Walking into a job interview does a pretty good job of that.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Believe he's admitted as such in the past. Some players, agents contact him to big up certain issues/stories 

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Never really thought about this that much but it's obvious isn't it that there most be some money in it for him, he tweets so much

It became very obvious when David Raya wanted to leave Brentford - he was releasing tweets every two to three weeks during the season and then that sped up over the course of a transfer window to every day including quotes off Raya's agent. 

You only need to look at Balague and Enzo's relationship - and how three weeks ago it was Balague groaning about behind the scenes. So there's a pattern there of Enzo utilising journalists. Balague won't do transfer stories etc because it would affect his reputation as a well rounded, respected journo. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This was just over a month ago.... When we were still in the automatic places, Yet the same fan base expects ironcast loyalty back it's hilarious!

Screenshot_20240527-093437.png

Screenshot_20240527-093518.png

I do get your point but a poll taken in the hours following a 1-0 defeat to a team looking destined for relegation at the time when emotions are high isn't a fair representation of what fans actually think. 

• Like 4

Whatever happens this needs sorting out quickly. As a club we need to know where we stand.

Although this isn't exactly the same situation this is what the general manager of RB Salzburg said about their coach Matthias Jaissle who was eager to leave for another club just before the start of a new season and following a very successful one for the club.

General manager Stephan Reiter: "Our view is that a coach that is so busy exploring a new job just two days before the start of such an important season should not be in charge when it starts. We want to start the new season full of energy and conviction. We need 100% focus from all those involved for that."

We obviously have a bit more time but this is going to be a huge pre-season for us and we need a fully committed manager and coaching team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Enzo would be a terrible fit at Chelsea, he'd infuriate the fan base and be gone by bonfire night, Xmas at best.

Be the best bearded guy ever seen on top of a bonfire 🔥 🔥!!

Let’s also remember enzo claims he wasn’t informed fully of financial problems, Chelsea coming in with a huge offer with our financial uncertainty despite there own will be hard to turn down. Also means the family can live in London which is a big pull for families I’d imagine. 

Looks odds on to go. Needs to be done quickly now as dragging on. Not sure on his mind set if he doesn't get the job. Let's face it Leicester should have got promotion with their squad anyway. Be surprised if he lasts 6 months at Chelsea.

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I do get your point but a poll taken in the hours following a 1-0 defeat to a team looking destined for relegation at the time when emotions are high isn't a fair representation of what fans actually think. 

I also get your point and it is a fair one. The poll was a knee jerk reaction.  However, more broadly there have been a large and vocal number of fans with views which that poll does represent; in fact they didn't like Enzo or his football even when we were on a good run.

Some of those same people now are weirdly indignant that he is talking to Chelsea.  Even though we all know that's exactly what we'd all do in his situation if we weren't Leicester fans.  It is a job.  He is a professional.  If he stays I expect him to give nothing less than his all until the point he does leave.  

So the OP point still stands imo.  It's all faintly ridiculous, but worse there is a strong whiff of hypocrisy.     

Never thought I'd say this but bring back the relative sanity of the match day threads :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Mahrez was running around Airports trying to get clubs to sign him and he was much more of a legend than Enzo is. Everybody hated him for that even to this day

Enzo is litterally pushing for the chelsea job when only achieving what was expected.

If he stays now it doesn't look good for the club. Certainly shouldn't get a new contract 

You don't know that Enzo I'd pushing for anything he hasn't said anything only journalists with rumours.

It could all be completely made up. That is completely different from mahrez who was actually sat sulking in an airport