Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

After the loss to Plymouth his stock was very low, the run of form, stubbornness and consistently being out managed by average football league coaches was really quite tragic. 

Or on that evening, their equivalent of Jon Rudkin.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I think he’s extremely lucky to be landing this job. 

After the loss to Plymouth his stock was very low, the run of form, stubbornness and consistently being out managed by average football league coaches was really quite tragic. 

The characters in the squad stepped up and we got over the line. 

The West Brom and Southampton games got it done and were not Enzo-ball. 

Ciao. 

Hope the new manager brings a full coaching staff with him, Enzo certainly lacked that too. 

Yep the two games that did it we were arguably well outplayed by WBA and Southampton without Downes are weak as piss through midfield. Genuinely no idea what Chelsea are thinking here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

They could be very good under him, just wonder who will invert or step up from center back for them. 

Sanchez

Disasi Fofana Colwill

?? Fernandez

Madueke Nkuku Gallagher Mudryk

Jackson

You've dropped Palmer before he has, bet he's gutted after not long escaping the Man City way

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chico1958 said:

We always manage to get money off Chelsea and then it doesn't always work out for them.

Hopefully this will be the same as Drinkwater & Forfana.

Pack Your Bags Enzo and Goodbye.

And it doesn’t work out for us either, all that money off them and what did we get - failing FFP and getting relegated

Just now, lcfcsnow said:

You've dropped Palmer before he has, bet he's gutted after not long escaping the Man City way

To be honest I went off the top of my head didn't even think about Palmer😂 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

This is a good move all round 

Think it’s a poor move all round, no matter your opinions on Maresca.

Replacing Pochettino with a relative newbie like Maresca is mad, a huge gamble.

However, it’s worse for us, throwing us into even more uncertainty while facing financial pressures to sell and a points deduction. We’re not an attractive prospect for managers at the moment.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

They could be very good under him, just wonder who will invert or step up from center back for them. 

Sanchez

Disasi Fofana Colwill

?? Fernandez

Jackson

Cucurella has apparently been doing it recently under Poch and doing it well

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I didn't want him gone, but 10m compo rather than him signing a new deal is a good outcome for us.

He might go on to be amazing, but I'm not totally convinced from what I've witnessed this season.

His achievement getting us promoted is comparable to Rodgers and Celtic winning the SPL in my opinion.

• Sad 1

The point of concern I think is not so much Enzo going, but the prospect of Rudders being able to deliver a replacement who is on a par / better.

You would like to think like Brighton we have prepared - I fear we don't have much of a clue where to go. Hope to be proved wrong.

Just hope our board act swiftly so any new manager can have as much time as possible this summer to work with the squad and players. 

It's no use even waiting for a month as that's too late. 

Let's hope since the Enzo speculation started that our board have actually been proactive and sought out some targets or realistic replacements. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Sanchez

Disasi Fofana Colwill

?? Fernandez

Jackson

You've dropped Palmer?

Leaves with my best wishes, got the job done in getting us promoted first time of asking, no matter how we did it, it was achieved 

Hope it works out for him but can only see him being another toy that the Chelsea owners get bored of when results don't go their way instantly and he's gone by the new year 

Cheers Enzo, all the best 👏

If Enzo felt there were people behind the scenes here who shouldn't be here, and if he felt he should have more power over strategy etc, he's in for nasty shock at Chelsea. A lot of cooks in that particular kitchen. That club is virtually unmanageable 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sdb said:

Just don't fuxk up the replacement, please. So many decent managers available. But are we an attractive proposition at the mo? 

Yes, we are a very attractive proposition. Being manager of a PL club is massive - look how Villa managed to attract Emery, Wolves Lopetegui etc from struggling positions. 

Appreciate the FFP issue may deter some, but given success is staying up, it's very much a role most managers would want. 

Definitely don't want Moyes his style of football is turgid. Smash it to the big guy up top and feed off the scraps. I suppose a good chunk of the fans will enjoy that though.

11 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Sanchez

Disasi Fofana Colwill

?? Fernandez

Jackson

I'd imagine Cucurella can do it on the left, and they have Lavia who can do it on the right as well as Caicedo, despite both primarily being midfielders. Although you never know the inverted role might be just what Reece James needs in order to keep himself fit. Worked for Ricardo.

Think you'll see:

Sanchez

Disasi Badiashile Colwill

Lavia Caicedo

Palmer Fernandez

Madueke Daka:ph34r: Nkuku

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

The guy did a good job for us, why the hate?

I personally thought that, as a whole, he was pretty good for us last season. The club was ****ed when he took over. I was looking forward to seeing how he adapted to the prem.

Oh well, he's gone for the poisoned chalice at Chelsea. Good luck with that.

Remember people booed Mahrez, some people just aren’t rational. 

• Like 1