Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

If by some chance Chelsea decide against Enzo, and he comes crawling back to us, he’s going to have a hard time persuading the fans to get behind him isn’t he.  He already had a hissy fit mid season when we moaned about the style of play, but there’s no way he’ll get our unconditional backing now we know he’s actually looking for another job! 

I won't particularly miss Enzo and feel he has nothing to lose going to Chelsea, wish him well but I'm not fussed.

My only worry is the players have really bought in to his philosophy and style of play, and have literally trained and played this way daily since he arrived, never using a different style. How long will it take them to adapt to a new style.

I'm hoping nothings been agreed with Vesty yet too. Worked well under Enzo, but for anyone else, he'd be a number taken 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Qwerty said:

If by some chance Chelsea decide against Enzo, and he comes crawling back to us, he’s going to have a hard time persuading the fans to get behind him isn’t he.  He already had a hissy fit mid season when we moaned about the style of play, but there’s no way he’ll get our unconditional backing now we know he’s actually looking for another job! 

If you say so, suspect he would be ok, but sounds like he is just waiting for the green light.

3 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

This was just over a month ago.... When we were still in the automatic places, Yet the same fan base expects ironcast loyalty back it's hilarious!

Screenshot_20240527-093437.png

Screenshot_20240527-093518.png

this poll was after a couple of bad results. Just to even out the balance, I tried to start an IN or OUT poll straight after securing the title but it was deleted immediately.

• Like 2

I hope this means we see more of Coady and Souttar given a chance.....Faes was largely awful last season yet absolutely untouchable.

Imo if it wasnt for the senior players meeting I don't think he'd have changed a thing and dread to think where we'd have finished

Never dull is it....(apart from match days last season :ph34r:)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

There are plenty of better options out there for us than Maresca - plus we get £10m, it’s a no brainer. 4 weeks to find a new coach 

I can't say I'm fussed at losing Maresca but who are the better options? Frankly, I'm worried we'll make a shocking appointment.

This could turn out to be good for cfc and lcfc, if we get the next appointment right . I would be happy with David Moyes, if just to establish ourselves back in the top flight for a few seasons

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Now we will see what the level of damage the mismanagement has caused. The next manager will have points deductions and probably a limited budget to work with. Rudkin will still be comfortably in position.

Yeah, you might be pleased Enzo and his style have gone. The fact we NEED £10 million in compensation to help right the shambolic wrongs is much bigger for me.

You say that as though those things don't apply if Enzo stays.

Just now, JimJams said:

The players liked playing for him. Easier to get through it when somebody is already in place. We are either going to have to change our way of thinking or do an incredible selling job to persuade a bigger name to come in.

2 minutes ago, Blueasafox said:

This could turn out to be good for cfc and lcfc, if we get the next appointment right . I would be happy with David Moyes, if just to establish ourselves back in the top flight for a few seasons

You're spot on!..

Next season all we need is experience and a safe pair of hands to try and keep us up!

Maresca wasn't that man!

(Great beard though!).

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

We may have seen some change in the back office if Enzo remained (allegedly) but that is debatable I guess.

38 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Off you go Enzo, quick if you are going lad. Not impressed at all by the timing. Oh well.

Christmas has come early for the luddites.

its actually probably the best time to lose a manager. Gives him plenty of time to get a few guys in and his set up in place before players report back for training.