Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, Corky said:

The players liked playing for him. 

I wouldn't be so sure of that...

A bit disappointed... seemed a good bloke and it was nice to have someone in who got football and fan culture, after years of self-serving middle management notebook Gucci belt narcissism.

But this season could have gone either way and it's not the end of the world.

Potter and Moyes were both uninspiring names prior to our relegation but they know the league, have achieved more than our current situation requires and there would be no compensation due. Potter would probably make more sense in terms of a footballing transiton but I wouldn't be against either.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

But look at the bigger picture for our club.  

We are newly promoted, we have a settled style of playing, the current management team know the impending sanctions that are coming…. Whereas a new manager is a whole new style of play, a whole new regime to get used to. Some may not want the job simply because of what lies ahead of us as a club. We need stability more than ever. This doesn’t give us that. 

Agree with the premise of this in that keeping Enzo would be potentially more stable than rolling the dice, but I think it's a stretch to consider what we have as stable anyway. A manager who seemingly most fans think it's time to part ways with given the many polls we've had (polling is not everything I know), we have a bit of stability in the sense that the players know his play style, which automatically falls apart considering most of the players who know that playstyle are not good enough to play it in the premier league, we have a big clearout incoming and we lack the funds to bring the players in, and the manager needs very specific players to make the system work unless of course we suddenly expect that Rudkin is going to have the transfer window of the century and bring in 7-10 top class, technically gifted players for £5m a piece, and we have a manager who pretty much refused all season to adapt his system to fit the players at his disposal. I honestly believe if we try to play this way in the premier league he will be gone by Christmas. 

Personally I think if we brought in someone like David Moyes, he would bring us far more stability in the next 18 months than Enzo Maresca will. 

I think it’s a bit of a shame. There was some stubbornness but he rightly called out the club’s hierarchy for the Sensi shitshow amongst other things. I quite liked the fact he wasn’t just a lapdog. We badly needed someone internally questioning how the club was and is being run.

I don’t trust the board to adequately replace him whatsoever. Corberan is the only name linked I think would make a decent fist of next season because he can just about make silk purses from sow’s ears but I’m not sure he fits Top’s mythical ideology that we have to be Man City lite.

15 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

There are plenty of better options out there for us than Maresca - plus we get £10m, it’s a no brainer. 4 weeks to find a new coach 

hate to be the party pooper, but no there isn’t. We are reportedly suffering financially and we will start the season with a points deduction. No decent manager will touch us with a barge pole.

This very well may turn out to be  a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Personally think it’s a no brainier for Enzo. Elevates his status massively. Whole of football knows Chelsea are a basket case. He will get better wages and a huge pay off in 6 months when he’s sacked. Deep squad to work with. Chelsea on your CV is better than Leicester. And it’s London - great place to be if you’re minted. 

He got us promoted. Job done there. We clearly misled him on finances. Just don’t see why anyone would begrudge him or why he’d turn it down - apart from obviously just being a bald figure head at Chelsea. 

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

its actually probably the best time to lose a manager. Gives him plenty of time to get a few guys in and his set up in place before players report back for training.

Understand the logic, and as I said  in response to @moore_94 it’s mainly because it’s Chelsea. Again! Also, we are writing off a year of work, training and cohesion, it’s not just about when in the closed season this occurred.

But hey, if he goes, we best get on with it!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

If by some chance Chelsea decide against Enzo, and he comes crawling back to us, he’s going to have a hard time persuading the fans to get behind him isn’t he.  He already had a hissy fit mid season when we moaned about the style of play, but there’s no way he’ll get our unconditional backing now we know he’s actually looking for another job! 

Let’s face it. It’s been a patchy relationship all along between Maresca and the LCFC fan base, never one of mutual love and respect.

He got us promoted at the first time of asking - which is obviously to his credit - but losing seven of our last 14 games, including those three hideous 1-0 away defeats in a row, has inevitably cost him a lot of that credit (as the fan poll at the time clearly demonstrated). The fact that he is flirting with a bigger club is understandable but also certain to cost him even more of that credit if Chelsea decide not to appoint him.

The relationship is fractured. Probably best to break it up now rather than let it drag on. As far as the players are concerned, most of them will adapt easily to a new man in charge. It’s the nature of the game. Managers come and go. Players too.

All that really matters right now is that we are back in the Premier League.

• Like 1

I really don’t think it’s that much of a loss. 10 million banked possibly more depending on back room staff going too. 

It’s a kick in the teeth but that’s modern day football. The only reason this will sting is if  Enzo has walked away because of the lack of change at board level which he alluded to at the end of the season as that suggests  future issues on the horizon. (Ruskin and top asleep at the wheel again) 

I don’t think it’ll affect our survival hopes  massively. We will still be an attractive destination for managers despite the looming points deduction. The upcoming season will be an absolute slog, and if his heart isn’t in it then it’s best he ****s off to Chelsea and it’s revolving door.  

On the bright side. Get this done quick and bring a manager in who can have a say in transfers. 

• Like 1

Imagine we'll go with Championship manager desperate to work in our league. Surely any self respecting manager would surely be aware of the mess we're in and wait for a better opportunity.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Understand the logic, and as I said  in response to @moore_94 it’s mainly because it’s Chelsea. Again! Also, we are writing off a year of work, training and cohesion, it’s not just about when in the closed season this occurred.

But hey, if he goes, we best get on with it!

I am definitely in the Maresca camp. I wanted him to stay :(

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I wouldn't be so sure of that...

Are you IKT? You have been a firm hater of him most season. Is this for informed reasons or just you don’t like him?

6 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

A bit disappointed... seemed a good bloke and it was nice to have someone in who got football and fan culture, after years of self-serving middle management notebook Gucci belt narcissism.

But this season could have gone either way and it's not the end of the world.

Potter and Moyes were both uninspiring names prior to our relegation but they know the league, have achieved more than our current situation requires and there would be no compensation due. Potter would probably make more sense in terms of a footballing transiton but I wouldn't be against either.

Enzo is not the anti-Rodgers. Let me introduce you to his mates Guillem Balague and “Michael Thomas”. Enzo’s just better at playing the PR game. 

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

hate to be the party pooper, but no there isn’t. We are reportedly suffering financially and we will start the season with a points deduction. No decent manager will touch us with a barge pole.

This very well may turn out to be  a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Any premier league club is an attractive proposition regardless. 

Just now, Chelmofox said:

Are you IKT? You have been a firm hater of him most season. Is this for informed reasons or just you don’t like him?

He is a WUM

• Like 3

If I were a Chelsea supporter, I’d be absolutely whelmed about this. 

Huge risk for Maresca taking it, too. If it goes tits up that’s his Premier League chances gone. He’ll be back managing at mid-table Serie A sides.