Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Just now, The_77 said:

Enzo is not the anti-Rodgers. Let me introduce you to his mates Guillem Balague and “Michael Thomas”. Enzo’s just better at playing the PR game. 

Id disagree, enzo has a couple of people loudly supporting him. Rodgers had an entire media agenda stating the board didn't back him hence why we were relegated 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

Enzo is not the anti-Rodgers. Let me introduce you to his mates Guillem Balague and “Michael Thomas”. Enzo’s just better at playing the PR game. 

He isn't, but there was a connection with the fans at least. Never felt that with Rodgers, even when we were good.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Imagine we'll go with Championship manager desperate to work in our league. Surely any self respecting manager would surely be aware of the mess we're in and wait for a better opportunity.

Premier League jobs are not that common (he said with hope) so hopefully someone is game.

Just now, RoboFox said:

If I were a Chelsea supporter, I’d be absolutely whelmed about this. 

Huge risk for Maresca taking it, too. If it goes tits up that’s his Premier League chances gone. He’ll be back managing at mid-table Serie A sides.

....... with £5m in his Bank account.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Any premier league club is an attractive proposition regardless. 

for some unknown from Scandinavia, maybe. Or a manager from the championship.. but the likes of Potter, we can forget about.

If he does go I wish him well, something about his personality I like and I wanted to believe in his project. But we do not have the money he needs to make it work, and he's way too stubborn to adapt his system to the players we are likely to bring in. 
People seem to forget that it's Rudkin we are relying on to make the transfers work. Atleast at Chelsea he will have 762 players to choose from, and I think with a big budget if they move lots of players on Enzo could do okay there. 
Cannot blame him for leaving if it is indeed true that the club lied to him, thanks for promotion, his name will be in the history books as helping us in one of the most important seasons in our recent history and for that we must be thankful that it worked out.

• Like 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Id disagree, enzo has a couple of people loudly supporting him. Rodgers had an entire media agenda stating the board didn't back him hence why we were relegated 

That’s fair, I’d say the only difference between the two in that comparison is time. Rodgers has been at this much longer than Enzo, who is still building his contacts. 

Just now, The_77 said:

That’s fair, I’d say the only difference between the two in that comparison is time. Rodgers has been at this much longer than Enzo, who is still building his contacts. 

Rodgers was all about brand Rodgers, the differences are stark.

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

If I were a Chelsea supporter, I’d be absolutely whelmed about this. 

Huge risk for Maresca taking it, too. If it goes tits up that’s his Premier League chances gone. He’ll be back managing at mid-table Serie A sides.

With a big wodge of cash in his pocket.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

This pisses me off to this day. 240m+ in transfers, the highest wage budget in history (one of the top 10 in Europe at one point was it not?) and a £100m training complex with the end result being turning some of the better "young" players in Europe like Ndidi into Championship fodder in the space of 2 years. 

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

He isn't, but there was a connection with the fans at least. Never felt that with Rodgers, even when we were good.

With some of the fans, yes. But let’s also remember we had some fans literally fighting each other over Brendan! lol

We’re in for another wild season. God, I can’t understand how dull it must be to support another club. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Rodgers was all about brand Rodgers, the differences are stark.

We’ll see how things turn out at Chelsea, especially when Boehly starts to get antsy. 

1 minute ago, The_77 said:

With some of the fans, yes. But let’s also remember we had some fans literally fighting each other over Brendan! lol

We’re in for another wild season. God, I can’t understand how dull it must be to support another club. 

Wouldn't change it for the world.

• Like 2

Just now, trabuch said:

So did I - but he has to go after all this shenanigans.

People keep saying things like this. If he is looking elsewhere then we should get rid etc.

How exactly? If he is either not offered or decides to turn down chelsea (or anyone else for that matter) he is still under contract here. To sack him, simply because he showed interest in an opportunity at a top club would cost us millions in compensation.

He either goes (in which case we gain £10m) or he stays.

• Like 1

I'm a big Enzo fan - after all he did what he was employed to do and got us promoted, as champions. 

Wish nothing but the best and we go again 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

People keep saying things like this. If he is looking elsewhere then we should get rid etc.

How exactly? If he is either not offered or decides to turn down chelsea (or anyone else for that matter) he is still under contract here. To sack him, simply because he showed interest in an opportunity at a top club would cost us millions in compensation.

He either goes (in which case we gain £10m) or he stays.

Exactly. If Chelsea have requested a meeting with the club because they can meet Maresca’s release clause then it’s almost an obligation among all parties to at least hear each other out.