Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

People keep saying things like this. If he is looking elsewhere then we should get rid etc.

How exactly? If he is either not offered or decides to turn down chelsea (or anyone else for that matter) he is still under contract here. To sack him, simply because he showed interest in an opportunity at a top club would cost us millions in compensation.

He either goes (in which case we gain £10m) or he stays.

I'm resigned to him going (to Chelsea) - just trying to make it easier for myself.

I’d like to think we’re still an attractive prospect for a manager, even with the financial mess and points deduction.  We’re in the PL, where many managers want to be.  And let’s face it, all managers have massive egos and think they’re amazing.  Many would probably relish the challenge of keeping us up despite the obstacles.  And if they fail - well, it’s not their fault is it, it’s the points deduction and the finances.  So they walk away with their heads held high and a big wad of cash.  What’s not to like?!! 

5 minutes ago, urban fox said:

People keep saying things like this. If he is looking elsewhere then we should get rid etc.

How exactly? If he is either not offered or decides to turn down chelsea (or anyone else for that matter) he is still under contract here. To sack him, simply because he showed interest in an opportunity at a top club would cost us millions in compensation.

He either goes (in which case we gain £10m) or he stays.

If Chelsea don’t want him on our terms, or he doesn’t want them, then obviously we have to keep him.  But he’ll get no end of grief from fans, especially when we’re 1-0 down in the 80th minute and he STILL won’t sub Daka off! 

Another thing. If he has already had actual contact with Chelsea, as opposed to pure media speculation, then the club would have to have given their permission, or it would be an illegal approach. (Yes I know tapping up goes on all the time)

As there has been no "hands off" warnings or cries of "foul" from our camp then I can only assume that they are fully aware of the situation and will be making contingencies.

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So it'll be €10m for Enzo, that doesn't include his entire backroom staff I'd assume. We'll be looking at €15m+ 

Exactly. Tried saying this a few times the 10m is just for Enzo n he will want to take his back room team with him.

Also, just thinking, if he goes it needs to be soon doesn’t it, so we get the money in time for this season’s PSR.  Only about a week left I think. 

He’s been very sheltered in the champ this year. Just wait until the 6th journalist in a row asks him why he’s not made any subs or he’s frozen out a player completely… and wait for the ‘banter era Chelsea, pound shop Pep’ memes from the tonnes of weird Premier League fans. 

Let’s see how you get on, Brenzo

1 minute ago, Qwerty said:

Also, just thinking, if he goes it needs to be soon doesn’t it, so we get the money in time for this season’s PSR.  Only about a week left I think. 

No. end of June.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
27 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

You have been a firm hater of him most season. 

I don't think this is correct at all. Recently I've been very critical of him but early on I liked him - then he started mouthing off through Balague and his reaction as soon as a few results went was extremely disappointing.

Posted (edited)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Enzo was using Chelsea as leverage against the club to get what he wants. He doesn’t strike me as the type of manager to put up with the circus going on at that club and he must know he’ll be sacked within 18 months if he goes to West London. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I’m not overly sad about this. Besides the last few games we have rarely looked good this season and as the season has worn on the managers flaws have become more apparent. 

No doubt in my mind he will fail at Chelsea but at least he’ll get a nice pay off.

7 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Another thing. If he has already had actual contact with Chelsea, as opposed to pure media speculation, then the club would have to have given their permission, or it would be an illegal approach. (Yes I know tapping up goes on all the time)

As there has been no "hands off" warnings or cries of "foul" from our camp then I can only assume that they are fully aware of the situation and will be making contingencies.

In this era of agents and release clauses, illegal approaches are not relevant. The only thing LCFC can do is try to offer a better deal than Chelsea, that's not going to happen.

So the Telegraph, The Guardian, Romano  are reporting that Chelsea sorting out the details with LCFC, Enzo Maresca is trending  in the UK top 10.

I think it's done.

Wonder if he'll work with what he's got there or they'll go on a summer shopping spree. Their approach to transfers recently has been very scattergun, whereas Enzo's system requires laser focus.

Just now, Vestan Pance said:

In this era of agents and release clauses, illegal approaches are not relevant. The only thing LCFC can do is try to offer a better deal than Chelsea, that's not going to happen.

Never ever discount the stupidity of this club.