Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

• 2 weeks later...

It’s kind of strange considering how well he’s done up to about a month ago but right now he just seems bang average without a clue other than a shithouse. Harsh yes but very frustrating for me. 

• Like 1

The Enzo style of patient build up and tiring teams worked well earlier in the season against teams playing 11 men behind the ball. Now teams have worked out that if they actually attack us, they can get something. When our games become more like basketball and end to end and we don't have the control Enzo likes, we seem to struggle. We were unlucky against Leeds and Boro to be fair but I thought we were poor against QPR and Sunderland and I didn't think we were great today either. 

• Like 1

He's obviously a really principled man and that has to be respected, but right now we face a very perilous situation off the pitch and a worrying one on the pitch. 
This is one of the most important seasons in our recent history and if we bottle this we could be in massive trouble, potentially facing points penalties or financial ruin. 
With that in mind it's frustrating just how stubborn Enzo is being, it's clear to anyone watching that we don't have the players to play the way he wants at the level required, it has worked in some games this season where we've played really well, but there have been far too many poor performances this season. 
We really cannot afford to mess this up, and yet here we have a manager utterly refusing to adapt his system to fit the squad he has to extract the best performance. Not only that, teams have adapted to us because they have worked out that under pressure we crumble, and they are exploiting that. 
It will be unforgivable if Enzo puts his philosophy before the future of the club and we fail. I have a feeling he will be off in summer, his system needs investment that we simply cannot give him. If he is not going to be pragmatic then we need someone else who will. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I thought we played fairly well today. The problem we’re having for me is we’re not creating high quality chances, and that’s the whole point of playing this style of football. It’s ok to have fewer chances overall if you make high quality ones and take them.

I didn’t think the movement off the ball was good enough in the final third, and the times we got that right we scored. I think a fit Ndidi and Pereira bring a lot of that back.

I felt we defended well, bar the mistake from Faes. Hull’s attack is no joke. I thought Justin and Choudhury had good games defensively. I’m surprised Mavididi completes the 90 every week; I guess Enzo just doesn’t think he has anyone to put in for him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He's obviously a really principled man and that has to be respected, but right now we face a very perilous situation off the pitch and a worrying one on the pitch. 
This is one of the most important seasons in our recent history and if we bottle this we could be in massive trouble, potentially facing points penalties or financial ruin. 
With that in mind it's frustrating just how stubborn Enzo is being, it's clear to anyone watching that we don't have the players to play the way he wants at the level required, it has worked in some games this season where we've played really well, but there have been far too many poor performances this season. 
We really cannot afford to mess this up, and yet here we have a manager utterly refusing to adapt his system to fit the squad he has to extract the best performance. Not only that, teams have adapted to us because they have worked out that under pressure we crumble, and they are exploiting that. 
It will be unforgivable if Enzo puts his philosophy before the future of the club and we fail. I have a feeling he will be off in summer, his system needs investment that we simply cannot give him. If he is not going to be pragmatic then we need someone else who will. 

If he messes this up is it really that much of a loss ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, john ridley said:

If he messes this up is it really that much of a loss ?

Do you mean in terms of would it be a big loss if Enzo goes if he messes this up? 

If that’s what you mean then no it won’t be a big loss, the big loss is the repercussions we would face if we slipped up now, I’m really concerned. 

Yeah I meant Enzo going ,I appreciate  how he turned the vibe round the club to a more positive  out look at first  but I'm not sure he's  all that .Before anyone says I'm  only saying that cause  of the dip in form ,I've thought it from the beginning and here we are with 9 games to go and the style of play hasn't got any better over the season.The money situation is another thing where certain people  should be held accountable. 

• Like 2

Just now, john ridley said:

Yeah I meant Enzo going ,I appreciate  how he turned the vibe round the club to a more positive  out look at first  but I'm not sure he's  all that .Before anyone says I'm  only saying that cause  of the dip in form ,I've thought it from the beginning and here we are with 9 games to go and the style of play hasn't got any better over the season.The money situation is another thing where certain people  should be held accountable. 

Have to agree with you 100%. 

A stint under Pep, borrowing success, buys you sweat F A in the Championship. And I've heard it said before that a few out there could turn this club around given the squad inherited.

Just now, dr.o.ball said:

Have to agree with you 100%. 

A stint under Pep, borrowing success, buys you sweat F A in the Championship. And I've heard it said before that a few out there could turn this club around given the squad inherited.

That is quite an ungrateful derisory take, but sure it’s an opinion I guess.

Just say you don’t like possession football, it’s not a crime.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, john ridley said:

'I am not just being wrong because of a dip in form, I've been wrong the whole season!' 😄 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

That is quite an ungrateful derisory take, but sure it’s an opinion I guess.

Just say you don’t like possession football, it’s not a crime.

I meant no ingratitude or derision, simply that Enzo is in a privileged position at a great club and I'm not sure I dislike keep ball it just seems copied and a little weak right now.

This has been a good season and Enzo is a good manager, but is good good enough?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Feel like he'll be off in the summer 

Agreed, regardless of the division we are in

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Agree 100%

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Agreed, regardless of the division we are in

I think he will leave too, regardless of what happens. I don’t know why, but I get the impression the relationship isn’t the best between him and the top brass. He strikes me as the type of guy who will speak his mind whether it’s wanted or not. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see one of those bizarre situations where we go up and they relieve him of his duties. 

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

What!? We have been a class above the rest for 80% of the season with "poor' performances you can count on 1 hand. Yes some teams may have adapted a bit to our game, why wouldn't they, but even some of the losses we have totally dominated teams and have been very unlucky or been robbed by atrocious refereeing. Class is permanent we will win the league and we will have deserved it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Feel like he'll be off in the summer 

I imagine he's ambitious and wants to manage in the best league in the world.

If/when we go up, I think he'll want at least a season with us to test himself. Can't see him getting any other PL offers so why not stay with us?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

If we don’t go up that will be a huge red mark on his managerial career to be honest

It’s looking like it’s a genuine possibility. And it will be completely on him in my opinion. 

I’ve always been worried about his stubbornness and complete lack of flexibility….. it could be our undoing.  

• Like 1