Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

BS if they offer him the job he’s going. Let’s not talk stupid here.

Depends if their terms are acceptable I guess, but find it hard to believe he would not go at this point.

We really need to start excluding Chelsea from our release clauses.  We're becoming their feeder club when we really should be telling them to f off if we have any ambition.

Also, and without immediately going to "Rudkin's an idiot", how on earth has Maresca got a release clause??  He had zero negotiation power - we took a punt on him and gave him a chance with a squad far too good for the championship.  The release clause would only be relevant if he'd done well, i.e. we got promoted, and then why would we let him go unless it's on our own terms?  Feels like shocking negotiation from us.

I for one will be really disappointed if he goes.

Some of the responses in here….

Can anyone really say, if they were in the same position as Maresca, that they would turn down this opportunity?

This is a job  that will make him financially secure for life , even if he lasts less than a season.

1 minute ago, Benji said:

We really need to start excluding Chelsea from our release clauses.  We're becoming their feeder club when we really should be telling them to f off if we have any ambition.

Also, and without immediately going to "Rudkin's an idiot", how on earth has Maresca got a release clause??  He had zero negotiation power - we took a punt on him and gave him a chance with a squad far too good for the championship.  The release clause would only be relevant if he'd done well, i.e. we got promoted, and then why would we let him go unless it's on our own terms?  Feels like shocking negotiation from us.

Is it a release clause or just the approx compo to buy out his contract? Genuine question because I've no idea.

Not sure I'm overly fussed about this, I will probably change my tune later though once we're playing drab football under Cooper with 8 loan players.

It's gonna be a hard task for anyone to keep us in the PL, really. He would have either hit the ground running in the Prem and been poached mid-season once the sackings start, or we start poorly and he's the one getting sacked at Christmas, meaning no compo. This is the best outcome.

Just now, MPH said:

Can anyone really say, if they were in the same position as Maresca, that they would turn down this opportunity?

This is a job  that will make him financially secure for life , even if he lasts less than a season.

It’s not always about just money, you also have to do a job for x months/years and you need confidence you will helper and not hindered in doing it.

But yeah, he is going.  

1 minute ago, Benji said:

lol

2 players and now a manager in the last 5 years does not make us their feeder club.

we should consider it a compliment that quite a few of our players end up at top clubs. We are obviously doing something right.

• Like 4

I wish him well.  I liked him.

I think his style requires some very, very good players to work.  The quality of our squad was just about good enough for the Championship but without some major investment I really think we'd struggle in the prem.

Chelsea might have the players that he can start building his brand of football.  If it works, he'll give himself a platform to go on to great things in football, if it doesn't he'll boost his bank balance by a few million and be able to bounce around a couple of mid-table prem teams until he decides to do something else.

Just now, MPH said:

lol

2 players and now a manager in the last 5 years does not make us their feeder club.

we should consider it a compliment that quite a few of our players end up at top clubs. We are obviously doing something right.

Chelsea, now, aren't really a 'top' club.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Is there any suggestion at all that King Power want to sell LCFC?

Maybe we should crowd fund Romano to tweet about it, since apparently our ownership is so weak to his power and pressure :whistle:

Edited by Strokes

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

I never understand posts like this. Not one of us could say that, because we’re LCFC fans and we’re thinking emotionally about the club we love. Good luck to him, but don’t expect fans to get onside with it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

I bet he can't believe his luck 

And 100% he is right to go for it 

He will fail miserably and possibly be out of a job by Xmas 

• Like 1

If he does go, I don't blame him- he'll be getting a massive pay rise and he's obviously lost some faith in the upper management here.

It shouldn't wind us up like when Kante, Drinkwater, Maguire, Mahrez, Fofana et al jumped ship either- we were trying to compete with those other clubs at the time and we're not at that level any more.

If Maresca does go, and it is Corberan in to replace him, then I wouldn't be too mad about it. 

Corberan has shown at Huddersfield and West Brom that he's very adept at working with what he's got, he doesn't require huge spending sprees, and he has adapted his style - which is not dissimilar to Enzo's - in order to get the best out of the players at his disposal. Bielsa massively rated him at Leeds, and he seems to have done a good job wherever he's gone, apart from Olympiacos. 

A lot to like there. 

3 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Anyone in the Kings Road area today? Keep an eye out for Guillem Balaguè viewing two bedroom flats.

Nah, he'll be pitching his tent in his mates back yard, just off the Fulham Road. 

Apparently the local boozer is quite nice, though I don't recommend the Cruzcampo!

Quite funny that they’ve got Chilwell in Monaco answering a question about Poch and the comments are full of angry Chelsea fans questioning why he doesn’t play lol 

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

lol

Yep, this is how I see it. If this football club is feeding those right at the top of the food chain, we are doing something right. 

I mean selling a defender for £70m to Chelsea feels a lot better than selling Connolly to mighty Wigan. Williams to Watford or (blast from the past) Kitson to Derby!

• Like 1

I genuinely like Enzo and think he's done a good job, but his confidence-to-the-point-of-arrogance, and so many of his comments during and post-season show that he thinks he's too good for this club, so it's no surprise that he's leaving at the first opportunity. It's a real shame to be honest, and I think he's in for a rude awakening at Chelsea. 

Where are my fellow fans now when back in September I posted that Chelsea or Man Utd will go after Enzo if we get promoted and they were laughing at me? 

Another manager spitting bs about long term project, style of play etc and he leaves in the first opportunity. 

Yeah, I know they're professionals etc. Top must step up and bring in a feisty, passionate character. I don't care if he doesn't even have a manager's diploma. Bring in someone like Simeone and give him the keys for 5 years.